*sigh* Trolls

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Husker.

• [extrabox]Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 14:00:35 -0800
    Subject: Crossfire Mod Forum
    To: gen1mds@hotmail.com[/extrabox]

[extrabox]
    [/extrabox]

[extrabox]
    [/extrabox]

[extrabox]1. Make it so that I don't have to register with your forum to be able to read responses to topics, I'd really LIKE to try your mod, but unfortunately it appears to have been coded by 12 year old's and support for installation was written by someone from Romania, and when I get on the forums I can't find out how to fix it because you require registration, that's called bullshit. I don't want to register to your forum, sorry, I just want to read a few things to get the game working, is that so hard to understand. Imagine you download a game, install it, it doesn't work, you're now already kind of peeved, and then you go "aah! I'll just check out the forums, I'm sure my question has been answered there!" and then you are reading topics and going "hmm, doesn't really seem like anybody actually responds to these people's posts, maybe these guy's don't give a shit. "oh wait, it says here that I must sign up to see posts..." DONE. Not worth my time, you already wasted my time, now you want me to sign up for your bullshit? Ya right...[/extrabox]

[extrabox]
    [/extrabox]

[extrabox]2. The mod is difficult to install. Yes, I said it. Despite all of your instructions (which are impossible to read and understand because the English is HORRIBLE) I have installed numerous FL mods in the past, all run with no issues, yet, I install yours and it just crashes, hangs, or has no text in game, just blank boxes to click on. Great. [/extrabox]

[extrabox]
    [/extrabox]

[extrabox]3. This is probably the 5th time in the last 2 years that I have tried to install a version of your mod and became SO goddamn frustrated with the forums, the shitty instructions, and the continuous failures of the game to work, I have decided I do NOT want to try your mod.[/extrabox]

[extrabox]
    [/extrabox]

[extrabox]Sorry. It's just too much hassle. Maybe try having someone that speaks native English or isn't a basement dwelling Lurch write the instructions.[/extrabox]

[extrabox]
    [/extrabox]

[extrabox]Also, I talked to my friend that keeps recommending this to me, and he just told me he got to some of the final missions and they were LITERALLY so bugged he couldn't even finish. What is the point of putting out a mod that after looking at some forum posts, becomes completely obvious that it doesn't even work correctly for most people attempting it.[/extrabox]

[extrabox]
    [/extrabox]

[extrabox]I mean I realize you're not charging for the game, but take it from someone that used to make SP campaigns for Half-life back in the day.[/extrabox]

[extrabox]
    [/extrabox]

[extrabox]DO NOT RELEASE STUFF UNTIL IT IS FINISHED, not MOSTLY finished, ALL THE WAY finished.[/extrabox]

[extrabox]
    [/extrabox]

[extrabox]
    [/extrabox]

[extrabox]Otherwise you lose your fan base, why? Because they tried it and it sucked and the odds of them coming back plummet.[/extrabox]

[extrabox]
    [/extrabox]

[extrabox]Basic video game stuff here guys.
    [extrabox]On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 1:13 AM, SWAT_OP-R8R SWAT_OP-R8R <gen1mds@hotmail.com> wrote:
    1. Insults and demands is something we dont like to see in our community... so i think it is good if you dont register. You started your mail quiet well to disqualify for that.
    The mod was written for the members of a community... and those which wish to become part of it. You obviously dont want to be part of it.[/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]2. Mod installation is fairly simple... that of course if you can read the installation instructions that are part of the mod. Considering that the mod has been meanwhile installed on ten thousands of PCs and we got no complaints I can only assume that the english is good enough for all the others.[/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]3. I would give you an advice. Don't try a 3rd time.[/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]4. The missions are not bugged at all.... but again... it depends on if people can follow simple instructions or not.[/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]have a nice day[/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox]SWAT_OP-R8R
    [--==SWAT-Portal==-- Your Portal to the Galaxy]
    [extrabox]Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 14:46:53 -0800
    Subject: Re: Crossfire Mod Forum[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]From: jwhughes84@gmail.com
    To: gen1mds@hotmail.com[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]If you had taken the time to actually read my original letter you would have noticed that I clearly stated:[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]"This is probably the 5th time in the last 2 years that I have tried to install a version of your mod and became SO goddamn frustrated with the forums, the shitty instructions, and the continuous failures of the game to work, I have decided I do NOT want to try your mod."[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]And a simple google search for "Crossfire won't work" reveals over 3,456,000 search results, I went through about 20 pages of google searches and they were ALL about the issue that I'm having, I'm sure some of the results are just simple keywords, but come on, this is not "only me" that is having this issue.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]A search for "Crossfire missions are bugged" has almost JUST AS MANY search results.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Pull your head out of your ass, MILLIONS of people HAVE TRIED to install your mod and failed, I in fact found a DEDICATED WEBSITE for people that WANT to play your mod but can't get it to install or work, there are over 25,000 members.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Anyways, good luck with that I guess...
    [extrabox]On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 3:29 AM, SWAT_OP-R8R SWAT_OP-R8R <gen1mds@hotmail.com> wrote:
    I did read your original mail, I just don't care about how often you have failed to read the instructions and install the mod.
    I also don't care about your google search because of the simple reason that you don't seem to be able to read.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]These 3.456.000 results either are about the Crossfire game (developed by SmileGate in Korea) or to the even larger part about the ATI Crossfire graphic cards.
    There is infact just one website on the google search which is about the bug in the Crossfire mod and that one leads to the development boards of the SWAT Portal where these bugs were already fixed 1 year ago.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]To claim that millions wanted to install my mod and failed is absurd. I know very well how many times my mod was downloaded and how many of them got it to work.
    Your numbers are plain wrong and for a person who complains about our english skills your reading skills are just terrible.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Again, have a nice day.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]SWAT_OP-R8R
    [--==SWAT-Portal==-- Your Portal to the Galaxy]
    [extrabox]Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 09:16:09 -0700
    Subject: Re: Crossfire Mod Forum
    To: gen1mds@hotmail.com[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]DO yourself a favor, do the search yourself, once again, if you had ACTUALLY fucking read what i sent you. The first 20 pages of the 346,000,000 WERE in reference to your mod, in fact, I only went 20 pages, it was probably more. I also added "crossfire 1.9 freelancer mod won't install" WITH QUOTES and still got over 12,000 results. SO ya, maybe it's not millions, but it IS thousands. Oh, and here's the kicker, I have a friend that IS IN LOVE with your mod, he codes his own freelancer mods, is quite the technical genius, and he was making fun of me because I could not get it to install. So, having installed it himself and gotten it to work, he came over, we uninstalled, reinstalled the game FRESH, re-downloaded the Mod, (according to him, was to make sure I was doing it right) HE installed it the SAME way I did, (He's done it so many times he didn't even need to reference your instructions, oh, and we did this LAST NIGHT just because your e-mails were pissing me off so bad, you know, claiming that a 15 year veteran of PC gaming can't figure out how to double click a fucking exe file) and guess what happened? NOTHING, the mod installed, and DOES NOT WORK, my buddy said "Huh..." and then went home, your MOD DOES NOT WORK, we even tried it on a 2nd PC this morning because Leeland FUcking Hinckle the biggest nerd on the planet, thinks it might be my PC. Did the same damn thing on the 2nd PC... Pffft.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Your mod is shit. [/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]In fact, I found SEVERAL mod sites OTHER than the one were I actually downloaded your mod, and they EVEN FUCKING WARN the downloader that: "THis mod is known to cause game instability, please backup your save games, installation without doing so may result in loss of save games or corrupted game files"[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox](I'm now 44 pages deep in that google search, so far, it's still 95% about the CROSSFIRE 1.9 MOD, NOT amd and some German game ya fuckin dipshit)
    [extrabox]"crossfire 1.9 freelancer mod won't install" leads to 0 results on google[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]
    [/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]just to say it again... NOT A SINGLE HIT[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]And you have the nerves to say that I piss you off? You were the one making false claims and insulting me and my team right with your first mail.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]I am not right sure what to think as you meanwhile claim that there are 346.000.000 pages about my mod. In your last mail it was just 3,456,000 so I must assume that all of a sudden 340 million pages appeared out of nowhere. WOW![/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Ok lets see... what else?[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Your friend is a modder and a technical genius? And he could not get a mod to run?[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]He probably should stop modding then.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]The Crossfire mod does not work?[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Well practically everyone who really tried it would disagree with that. It is the top rated Freelancer mod which got nominated for the annual mod awards 6 times in a row which practically reflects the quality of our work and what all the other players out there think about it.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]And now this:[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]" THis mod is known to cause game instability, please backup your save games, installation without doing so may result in loss of save games or corrupted game files" [/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]A warning?[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Now thats even more weird as the Crossfire mod automatically makes backups of old savegames during the installation and removes them from the original savegame folder since they are incompatible with the mod.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]As long this mod exist (more than 7 years) it has never even tried to edit original savegames.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Nice fairy tale, your warning.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Oh and last but not least... I wrote that the Crossfire game (I am talking about the game - not the mod) was developed by Korean company... not a german one.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Again a very good proof that you obviously have reading problems.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]It meanwhile does not surprise me that you have problems to install the mod. You seem to have problems understanding simple english.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Please do me a favour.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Delete the mod and never try to install it again.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]It appears to me that " veteran of PC gaming" has become a synonym for "troll". [/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]I don't want such people like you on my servers nor in my community. You are wasting my valuable time with stupid nonsense and have disqualified yourself by using lies and insults.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Every further mail you write to me is instantly moved to the trash (unread).[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]Once more... have a nice day.[/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

[extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox][extrabox]SWAT_OP-R8R
    [--==SWAT-Portal==-- Your Portal to the Galaxy][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox][/extrabox]

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Wow that is pretty sad. I have a 7 year old cousin who knows how to install CF with no problems, lol. In fact she has ALL of the presets committed to memory so if I ever need to know what each of the cross hairs looks like, I just ask her.

• yeah you were right on the money the first time. THE GUY IS A TROLL

I do hope he isn't English, it would make me extremely embarrassed.

anyways OP i thought you were very self controlled and polite, in the circumstances.

regards

Ray OK

• I don't get it.... he can't be this retarded.

He can't be trolling because he's put this much effort into walls-of-text emails, and he can't be this stupid/have this much lack of english comprehension to have all these issues that he's talking about. Damn man, I installed CF 1.7 when I was 11 and registered here...

I am confused lol

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

He can't be trolling because he's put this much effort into walls-of-text emails,

Trolls often put much effort in it in 2 occasions, when they think they troll even better that way (mess with people's brains ) or when he is not capable of being "funny" with short stuff, and has to work for something good.

Since mentioning the romanian part started to get suspicious, there were few times some came on the forum to say that, and apparently were older members just trying to take revenge on something, or downtalk the mod (trying to damage it). Well, this itself is a way of revenging. Hopefully not related with one of the last guys who got banned, one being romanian.

It is interesting how much time OP actually spent with that guy, more than any post here, from lately :D

And I loled at the part of having 3.5 million results of people having problems with CF, so he wasn't the only one having problems.

If we just got THAT many installs...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• well what a lot of wasted energy,
    i have only ever had problems downloading the mod a long time ago but never looked back from there. with an attitude like that good thing he was not successful or what was his game play going to be like. never mind.
    surprised at the patience that the emails got that far but op a lot of others have a lot of respect for your teams time and energy we can only go forward.stay to the course.
    kermit :thumbup:

• Since mentioning the romanian part started to get suspicious, there were few times some came on the forum to say that, and apparently were older members just trying to take revenge on something

That's exactly what I thought. That's the second suspicious mention of "Romania" since last month

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• uff ... after read it all :patsch::patsch::patsch:

• I encountered someone in -game about 2 weeks ago with Knightshade in NY. language, words, criticism is the same. I took a screenie of his charname. I know Knoobshade did too.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• He is a wannabe troll who doesn't even knows how to troll. Nuff said.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• The time he is wasting all this could have been used to register to this forum to be able to read the right instructions and the right support forums. Registrations is besides a few seconds free of charge.
    I assume he did download another Crossfire Mod and not the one we offer here. There are so many mods out for different games that call themselves also Crossfire.

Such people really dont need support. They shall go out kicking balls or counting leafs ;)

signature.png

• Well handled Op. Far more patience (s/p) then I would have had. It is obvious he didn't have a clue and was looking to stir s**t.

Movin' on to far more important things!

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• He requires support...
    MEDICAL support.

Some issues can not be treated, no matter what kinda medicin you try to give.
    And this person is more mad with himself, than frustrated for whatever reason. Otherwise he would not have invested that much effort, just to complain about a fairly simply installable mod (if you can read).
    He just don't know how to use common sense and read properly so his only solution is to insult and offend people he does not even know nor has he/she (or whatever it is) had any interaction with anyone responsible for the mod development.

• this rude-dude is not troll he just have lack of social skills...rofl,
    seriously how many instalation problems 1.9 have => 10-20 (various) threads about instalation problems / 100k downloads = 0,01 -0,02% double click instalation failure. How many unsolved fail-instalation after making/posting on SWAT => i will say none, zero.

ps
    Old game vs new OSs+new hardware+new drivers => always problems (salute for GoG dudes).