If you’re new to the community, you may find yourself asking, “Wait, why has Bungie dedicated a day to celebrating itself?”
To turn the page back to the beginning, Bungie Day is a holiday started by our community. Every year on the seventh day of the seventh month, we join our fans in
This week at Bungie, we welcome back the Factions.
Everyone is back from E3, and we’re heads down, working hard on Forsaken. Several thousand players already got to play Gambit, and we’re extremely excited for more to play it, both at GuardianCon and when Forsaken releases on September 4.
Meanwhile, the Iron Banner rages on. You have the rest of the week to rank up with Lord Saladin and earn the Season 3 ornaments for your gear. Make sure you turn in everything before the reset on June 26 at 10 a.m., or you will have to wait until the next Iron Banner to claim your rewards. Your tokens and ornament progress will carry over.
This week at Bungie, we revealed Cayde’s fate.
If you want to remain spoiler-free, you should stop reading now and not look at the internet until September 4. As many of you already know, we gave you a glimpse of beloved Hunter Vanguard Cayde-6’s final moments earlier this week.
We told you that Forsaken is taking a darker tone and has a Western revenge vibe. It looks as if many of you have taken it upon yourselves to avenge Cayde. In September, you'll get your chance to hunt down the Barons, confront Uldren, and make him answer for his crimes.
- Information concerning Faction Rallies will be made available on 5/31 in the “This Week at Bungie” blog article.
- Mechaneer’s Tricksleeves
- While you are critically wounded, swapping to a Sidearm increases its damage (2x in PvE, 1.33x in PvP).
- The Dragon’s Shadow
- Dodge reloads all weapons simultaneously.
- Dodging now also grants +5 mobility for the duration of Wraithmetal Mail, in addition to its previous benefits.
- Added a UI indicator for the Wraithmetal Mail buff.
- Lion Rampant
- Hipfiring no longer interrupts Lift. Increased hipfire accuracy while airborne.
- Now grants a flat melee damage bonus for 8 seconds when you are surrounded by three or more enemies (3x in PvE, 2x in
Destiny Companion Update - 5/17/201
May 17 - Destiny Dev Team
- Added support for showing the new Multi-Emotes.
- Added game type & teams to private matches in Game History.
- Added Crucible Valor/Glory ranks to player profiles.
- Added support for showing Seasonal Ranks in Vendors.
- Adding support for showing the contents of the Prismatic Matrix in Eververse.
- Added support for Pursuits in the Gear section.
- Fixed the Masterwork state not showing on Legendary and Exotic items.
- Some extra objectives may be showing in the details of Exotic weapons.
- Find Fireteams improvements.
- Clans are no longer required to create a fireteam.
- All users can now create a scheduled fireteam.
- Clan administrators can now moderate clan fireteams in the web client.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Localization improvements.
- Players are not able to change Emotes from the Companion apps
- "All Crucible" stats from the API will include private matches. Individual
Season 3 of Destiny 2
May 2 - Destiny Dev Team
Alongside the launch of Warmind, a new season of gameplay updates begins for all players of Destiny 2, including powerful upgrades to Exotic weapons, the introduction of Ranked Crucible play, new Crucible maps, Private Matches, Heroic Strike Modifiers, Multi-Emote, additional Vault Space, and much more.
On May 8, your adventure continues in Warmind, the second expansion to Destiny 2.
Golden Age satellites slam into the surface of the Hellas Basin on Mars. Icy glaciers thaw, revealing the core of the Warmind Rasputin – and an ancient Hive army, bent on its destruction.
Destiny 2 Expansion II: Warmind introduces new activities, new weapons and gear, more endgame content, and an all-new story.