Posts by Kermit

In other words: I'm more interested in the battleship's survivability, not firepower (well... except cruise disruption moments).

survival of any ship is down to three things. 1. the ship itself 2. firepower 3. most of all its pilot. all three mated together correctly makes it a deadly combination. for fighters or heavier ships. not forgetting also a knowledge of what your faceing. to mention that knowledge of whats around you can be used against your target. both in defence or offense.

:00006034: thank you op for the privillege of playing crossfire for another year. also the countless players both freindly and on occassions unfreindly, there loss. that come and go. stay safe and well where possible.

family comes first op. i would think with all you have done and maybe continue to do. you should be congratulated for. mighty effort. as a daily player see lots of new pilots on the mod in my time zone. certain aspects have change but there is players still on. there will always the knockers who have nothing better to do with there time but whinge. ignore them.

i don,t agree with this request. the purpose of the mod is space, infinite in all directions and play. direct purpose is too explore and defend where neccessary. vast open space for things to be put, maybe in the future. i have been here for many years and through all the systems on many occassins. tell you now i,m yet to be bored. always find things to do here daily. if you want to cut corners then you miss the purpose of the mod.you haven,t been to the outer worlds yet.

Wish to mention my observations, when in game to this matter. argos has this problem happening every time he is on. i will be ingame and suddenly all ships are acting eratically and i know the cheat message is next and it usually is, and he is gone again. it keeps happening to the point he gives up playing.

First update this year just got released.

1. Content is a complete rework of jump effects. The idea was to have a significantly higher distinction between the different existing effects depending on on their classification and also on their location.
      The in total (now) 16 different effects will have a very unique look and feel. 14 of these effects are currently active in the game. The other two will become available at a later point when the faction review of the systems will be done. Right now only Liberty and Bretonia have faction specific jump effects. Kusari and Rheinland therefore will follow.
      Others are for generic jumpgates, jumpholes, asteroid field jump holes, sol/coalition jumpgates, the rift, hyperspace, dk jumpgates, gmg jumpgate, renaisance jumpgates/jumpholes... etc.
      The stuff in my eyes really looks very interesting now.
    2. Also have all shield effects been updated with a more techy version.
    3. Shaders got another update which fixes a few things and adds some minor new features.

experienced these jumpholes today and was blown away with the effects. great work op well done:aok:

yes i was watching that happen in game about 6 times in a couple of minutes. from the time that char first logged on. the cheat message kept coming up each time.

As a side note to this, i had reported in ticket weeks ago about the launcher only loading 35/41 files And you could not replicate what was going on. And you could not find the files that were not loading. Well to my surprise yesterday while fixing urbanracers problem. It also fixed some of mine. Not to get to confusing. It started at 35 out of 41. Then it now downloaded 3 files moving it to 38 out of 41. The difference between him and me was there was nothing in the logs for me. Appreciate your time and effort op. :thankyou:

Thank you Martind. Problem solved. Only had performance on half, but still did what you suggested. Moved slider to min and logged off and on. Then moved slider back to 1/2 and logged off and on again. All fixed. Ships now appear in loading bay, and fully textured. All back to normal. :salutes