Questions, suggestions for CF 2.0

There are 350 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by maishaf74.

• Our solar system is medium (or less) in size ; when I arrive, I always ask to myself why it's the only one represented so big. Surely is much more realistic of any others .... but why only this ??
    Perhaps could be a good idea at least replace all the Coalition gates with jump buoys.

• Well I suggested this before but didn't get answer ^^ what about Giving Earth and the Main Planets of some Sectors the Same issue like Planet Lost PAradise? That would be awesome, you know docking and flying inside the planet around. Main Planets like, Crossfire, Earth, Murmansk, New Tokyo, New London, New Berlin, New York and HOAH that would be awesome if you could put at the Mirtrak station in Weth to fly INSIDE the station 8-o so if you dock you ll be flying inside the Station to the Docking Ports =D WOAH SO COOL :woot: (With Main Planets I don't mean Clan Systems, or every system, just those I listed)

• Will it be possible to take the Shaking away when Capital Ship getting hit by Fighter Guns?... Cause it's hell of annoying, you can't hit anyone like that... After reaching Hull The camera SHAKES LIKE HELL! :|

• But the shaking can be reduced? (a little)

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• answer = no

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• And the Bumping?... I know I asked that already.... But it's a pain when a Fighter hits you you make 180 degree roling

Seriously one Important Question: Is the CF 2.0 release near? Cause if it is, than let's stop these Suggestiosn :)

You know what I realy don't get? If the Capital ships Turrets are THAT strong, can't we balance it with Armor and Hull? Maybe lower Damage but more Hull? Maybe Shield Upgrades and Stuffs for Capital Ships too? :|

Now out of the Improvement of Cap Ships, I have a question (it's not realy an improvement), will the Destroyer classes OR AT LEAST Gunboats have Thrusters?.... please... it's a pain... and the Miner too please? I think a Miner should have thrusters... :(

Another suggestion: I heared that the Crystals for Cloak are getting used very fast... Maybe increase the Time a lil? So they will hold longer? Or is there a possibility to combine the Cloaking Device with Shield Generator? So it maybe Drains Shield Energy and Power Core Energy together :) or maybe first energy and than Shield :P Or only Power or only Shield Energy

Edited 5 times, last by Snake2d: s ().

• i already explained that the FL engine is not supposed to handle such big ships
    its a matter of math
    FL uses one function to let a ship shake by a certain amount with the ships center as base of calculation (see image below)
    The bigger the ship is the further I have to move the camera away and exactly that increases the camera shaking. (you see red lines got longer on the battleship graph?)
    Thats pure math.
    Thats how FL works... and there are no values that we could change to make it any better.

Probably we could reduce the shaking for all ships completely but then fighters would again have a massive advantage and you would complain again.
    Btw. this images also explains other side effects in FL.. such as ship shaking far away from the center of a system and battleship spinning as it is far easier to get something spinning if you push it far from its center.
    So live with it. FL never was build for battleships.... you asked me to put them in and now you will have to live with the consequences.

Files

• shake.JPG

(21.57 kB, downloaded 31 times, last: )

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i have a suggestion ....
    so far we only know that npc always do patrol .....
    only patrol ....

you know that is boring ...

so it will be nice if NPC can doing some missions too in multiplayer.....
    So if we chat to that NPC .... they will say

like this " this is NAVY Alpha 3 ...... We're doing a missions now .... Our objective is to find liberty rogues base in the debris field and destroy it "

hehe .... and after the NPC say like that ,,, a POP-UP windows come out .... the pop up windows say the missions is level 12 and have 35.000 credits rewards .

the pop up windows have 2 option ....
    1.) Join the missions
    2.) say " GOOD LUCK " to them

So ... if we choose the first Option , We will join them and do missions together ...
    so we can get missions everywhere .... not only in a station or planet :D

if we choose the second option ,,, the NPC will say " THANK YOU "

That is my suggestion .... do you like it ???

I want to know how it feels when becoming SOLO player

He inspired me :ninja:

• Snake2d: About flashlights - yes. How about to make it another module to ship? Like containers on train? There will be different types of flashlights, and so on.
    About Snake's proposal to make NPCs to fight each other with the usage of capships: I agree. X-3043, Altair and Inner Core are not flakking enough. Make Outcasts and corsairs use their dreadnoughts in Alpha and Gamma! Then it will be not so strange that you came to Omicron Alpha on Haidar and met just 5-6 wings of fighters...
    More about missions:
    Missions against Nomads in Altair and Edge worlds.
    Missions against Dom'Kavash in Altair.
    Missions against Doms in inner core.
    Capships, more capships! Missions like "Kill Ships" can have not fighters as a target, but capships. Outcasts, Corsairs (they have dreadnoughts), Nomads, Dom'Kavash, other aliens, so on. Reinforcements can use capships too.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• This is a 2002/3 game, and there are limitations to what can and can'not be done.
    OP has stated this time and time again.

The Original Freelancer you could not buy Capships, Crossfire you can, yet there are still ppl that are not happy
    with it, seems strange to me.
    I am hearing lights, and conversations between you and NPC patrols regarding missions, they all sound good to me
    but as i pointed out, limitations to this current game engine code.
    Now oc you can have all and everything that you want, but ONLY if it use's a different game engine such as the
    famous CRY ENGINE3.
    Until the powers at large on here learn the coding and if they WANT to take the next leap in the Crossfire franchise,
    you will have to put up with its current way and try to enjoy it that little bit more.

Remember, the more you try to add to its current engine, in most case's something else will suffer along the way.
    I for one would not like to see that happen here.

Rgds

Cygna

• Yes discovery makes use of cap ships... but they had to remove stuff that is very important for CF in order to get this done.
    I can remove certain physic values completely in order to get battleships work better... but in return all fighters would work less good.
    And next to that... i am not sure if you already noticed it... but we dont have commands like "unstuck".
    Discovery runs on completely different server software... and for sure we do not intent do use the same as we would loose countless of CF unique features.

I really suggest you stop this battleship crap now... the decision was done and I have explained the reasons.
    That you dont want to understand and accept is unfortunate but actually I can live with it.
    Further discussions in this direction will be removed as this shit is only stealing my time.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Can I make a suggestion that you replace the music from red (coalition-style) and blue (dimensional rift type) jump tunnels, you know, that techno-like?
    Not to anything extravagant, just the normal jump tunnel music from Sirius.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Back to topic: Music in warp gates - I don't like it too. There should be NO MUSIC at all.

And moreover: How about patrol maps in CF systems??

Edited 2 times, last by Martind Forlon: suggestion about patrol maps spoiler added ().

• Simply mute whole Freelancer in the Sound properties, down on your windows bar, right click, then click "Mixer", or however it's called on your PC :D There you should see Freelancer.

Problem solved.

If you actually want to hear the guns, missile warnings and such, that only happens in battles, so at least for that time, you can stop your music and use FL one.

If you still want your music, mixed with the warning alerts and gun effects, then you can delete the music files of the hyperspace in JGates and JHoles. About the ones when undocking planets, it shouldn't be a problem, they are calm... and you can skip them by pressing "Esc". ;)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• My wish for CF 2.0:

1. minimal 20-25 ships with same shiparch setings...same hull, same turn rate (as thatntos or cayman), same cargo hold etc
    2. cloack device...total rebuild. Parts and location for bay is OK, cost is OK...but usage in game unworthy even for epxloring IC.
    2.1. stategic usage for CD => more time in CD mode and new fuel (organic waste from alien organisms) not efficent as energy cristals. Energy cristals stay as best fuel for CD. eg 40 cristals min 100 sec in cloak, 40 h-fuel+OWfAOs 50 sec in cloak.
    2.2 tactic usage for CD => as a ECM jammer 2-3 seconds (no fuel required). New key in command meny offcorse. Cool down 30-45 sec. Damn i think that will be uniqe feature for CF PvP/PvE. When jammer is active all weapons dont work or maybe work dunno what is better . We can disscus for ECM.
    3. Stronger Admin Station (200k or 1M hull) for GR events. Have potencial to boost RP etc etc
    4. Stronger hull for FP 7 and add few destrucabile stations in OoRP systems (cybe arena). Kill msg needed ( Player XY destroy FP 99).
    5. Player owned station. rofl OP dont cry.
    6. Add ammo in Coloseum planets.
    7. Warning message for players who have bad ping eg xy 10 30...departing in 10 sec.
    8. Removing dust from IC space. That F*** my pc and all time lagy. Personaly i like to fight with Adrones, DK gunships, coalition rouges (ingenious NPCs)
    but huntig in IC is frustrating (fraps gone low).
    9. Lower spawn rate for DK mother ships. I became paranoid in DK systems. Damn iam in minefield in DK secter and booom DK motherships apear near to me ...
    10. Console => salute for Huor. I have few wishes but this time just SALUTE.
    11. New RP rule => smuglers cant trade with regular goods for free. If police catch SMUGLER in regular trading CAN fine him.
    12. New RP rule => all chars +65 lv (or lv 60) must choose a license.
    13. New RP rule => all train char must be above lv 66... its funny to see train lv 57 (player hiding money in bank for smaller tax/fine).
    It is the same if ferrari driver complained of the cost of fuel!!
    14. Rename some station and wreck in CF universe...to tribute for some players here aka SMG_Picard Freeport or BG_Spiky pink eagle wreck or mr.Spock shipyard etc etc just tribute will be fine :)
    15. more??? or to create new thread here on SWAT... What We Love on CF and what we hate on CF. Just to see players opinion.

Sorry for poor english...

• I can impress "Ajay The Wanderer" intelligence outpost...
    12: I vote no. Let the 100 lvl freelancers be!
    9: I vote yes. Strange that that was interfering with Point 9 from this. And yes, I was really like : "THIS MOMMASHIP IS FLAKKING FOLLOWING ME!"
    1: I vote yes. Just yes. If it is possible - let it be.
    8: IC SHOULD be so depressive and making player leave this hellhole ASAP. And, anyway, there MIGHT BE dust in IC space because of black hole nearby. From the other side, it can make FPS go FUBAR. Need to discuss.
    14: Add "Praporshik Ajay's Lagg" wreck. Or, more currently according to my background - it shall be in Omicron Theta. :)
    15: I'll Do it when will get an approval.

Edited once, last by Ajay: smt more ().

• Hi! I have registered 5 years ago first, and now I will try out the Crossfire multiplayer with one of my friends. I have to admit, I am amazed by Crossfire. I started to play Freelancer again because of this mod.

My suggestions:

1, Set the vanilla ship and item prices to be balanced with the CF ship and item prices. For example, an Eagle is still 500K, while a CF VHF is 8 million+.
    2, Freelancer had one aspect because of I wasn't able to enjoy multiplayer: Eagles. The Eagle rendered all of the other HF ships useless with it's insane agility. If I wanted to achieve anything, I had to fly and Eagle while I simply "hated" it's look, and the fact, that Freelancer Multiplayer was limited only to Eagles... (My favourite "skin" is the Sabre, but I like the Titan too. Poor Hammerhead didn't even had a chance because of it's broken stats...) If you would change the stats of the 4 vanilla VHF to the same (Sabre has to loose it's forward-point turret), the other three ship could have a chance to be used.

• Hi guys. I got a few suggestions that may be useful in Crossfire 2.0 Insta Shield - Gives you 50% of your shield when down. Uses credits and red crystals for production *StackableBattle Repair Bot - Heals you 5% per second, to a max of 50% of Hull. Uses Credits and crystals for production.*StackableHull Leech - 10% of the damage you make gets transformed to Hull. Uses Credits and Crystals for production.*Stackable Ship Designs: like: Venom Cayman - Gives 5% more damage and ability to heal the ship (25%) or something like that. Should be fine for now :)

• Please only suggestion. Do not coment, spam, etc. If you want add something, use edit. Let please dev. team to evaluate if something can fit or not. You can freely use thanks or add reputation.

Edit by
    Just started with cleaning and will continue with it in next days ... in this thread will remain mainly posts with suggestions.