Questions, suggestions for CF 2.0

There are 350 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by maishaf74.

• I also suggest such ideas like Dodger's ones, to make an use of the money you trade/smuggler/work for, more than just for the ammo and battles/PvPs you do.

That would also motivate people to do more trade, and mercenary/pirate/smuggler jobs to earn money, to keep up with those who do RP and got more or less rich from it. The more we can do with money, the more people will work for money, that equals to RP and fun, at least action, outside the Arena.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• From a perspective of a mercenary, would it be possible (and wise) to reform the bounty system in a way that, when a person places a bounty on a person, the bounty is set on the entire ID (all characters), instead of bounty on a single character?

Pros I can think of - this would reduce the switch-outs to prevent people from hunting the bounty; a person that placed the bounty would want the other one dead and not alive across all chars of an ID.

Cons - until the bounty is satisfied, people will hunt all of you, not just specific char (eg. a BS or a fighter); if you have a store and a fighter on a same ID, both would have a bounty...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• 3, A missions system with wider level range. For example, you should be able to do high level missions (like in Omicron Gamma and Dublin) in almost any vanilla system (original and High level missions would be present in the same time). I will be sincere. I tried recently a mod with this feature, but I wasn't able to play it, because of I am now officially addicted with the CF High-Resolution System Backgrounds:D Sometimes I simply turn off the engine and watching the environment. With the original mission system I was "locked" into the Omicron System and Dublin, and couldn't enjoy the other systems.

4, Make VHF version from the vanilla heavy fighters (4 great houses + Order. But Liberty/Kusai VHF are already present as CF ships. It would benefit the high level mission in point 3 as "enemy ships" if you are a pirate, also a Volkayre VHF would be awesome :D )

5, As I suggested already Balance the vanilla ship pricing to CF, also furthermore balance the items but trade goods (weapons, shields, etc) to the CF prices (Shield upgrade 9 million, but shield is 300K, etc. Yes, I know it would be a lot of work :/)

6, It's more like a question: will CF 2.0 support Direct X 10/10.1 too? (I think many of us doesn't own DX 11 graphics car :( )

7, Using the tractor beam should disable shields (like the jettison).

Edited once, last by Arszi: I forgot to add a line. ().

• 1. Persistent objects - Allow purchase of weapons platforms, etc, that are gone once destroyed - but have high HP and will last until then. Perhaps make these only purchasable/deployable in a Clan's system.

2. Clan-based NPCs... have clan faction NPCs patrol clan systems... say, for example, you jump into Tarsus and are greeted by a squad of 6 CFPD Eagles... that'd be the tits!

3. Allow upgrade/hiring of more patrols by clans. Perhaps allow patrols to leave systems.

4. Trade consignments... allow a player to hire an NPC ship/convoy (anything from a rhino to a Soul Train convoy depending on price). If the trade consignment makes it to the destination, you get a portion of the profits.

5. Make Light Fighters and Heavy Fighters more viable... Light Fighters mounting class 9 weapons and Heavy Fighters mounting class 10 (Maybe just 2-4 hardpoints capable) with the same shield limitations would make for some more variety. The A-100, if it could mount class 9 weapons would be awesome! Even if you had to buy a special item to upgrade to this... or perhaps make it only viable with a class 5 power gen?

6. If possible, make it harder for NPCs to donut punch you while you are still undocking... getting absolutely side-swiped by DK Gunboats before you can even move when leaving Coalition HQ is lame.

AWESOME MOD!

• That would also motivate people to do more trade, and mercenary/pirate/smuggler jobs to earn money, to keep up with those who do RP and got more or less rich from it. The more we can do with money, the more people will work for money, that equals to RP and fun, at least action, outside the Arena.

I agree with this 100%!!

:love:xmas

• 2. Clan-based NPCs... have clan faction NPCs patrol clan systems... say, for example, you jump into Tarsus and are greeted by a squad of 6 CFPD Eagles... that'd be the tits!

Totally love the idea. That would mean adding some new factions, and the extra part of it which you didn't mention or seen, is that the members of that Clan can be affiliated to that NPC Faction, so if somebody else ever attacked the NPCs in their home, or invaded, those players would see the clan member as hostile, same as the clan's NPC Faction.

There is an issue with this though, that these key systems are already improved and upgraded for CF 2.0, with NPC maps and such.... but I'd totally prefer replacing, for example the pirate NPCs spawns with such faction NPC spawns, or at least no pirate NPCs at all.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• technically possible

however.. regarding the other suggestions above i would suggest to read the change log again

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well, and about the suggestion of keeping the pirate NPCs out of cop clan systems like UR and CFPD systems ? (the donation for this month is supposed to be sent about now, will check that topic).

That is also bad for the stores or weaker chars not for fighting, but that can somehow be hostile with some pirates and such, as not all chars have/get the Junkers bribe.

There could be an area, on some sector far from the trade lanes/stations with pirates, but not absolutely everywhere, you dock with a cop system and you get attacked by 2 wings of Outcasts.... that's just wrong.

• I believe that it is quiet annoying if the shields collapse everytime you want to tractor in something. That would disturb the already hard battles.

• From a perspective of a mercenary, would it be possible (and wise) to reform the bounty system in a way that, when a person places a bounty on a person, the bounty is set on the entire ID (all characters), instead of bounty on a single character?

Pros I can think of - this would reduce the switch-outs to prevent people from hunting the bounty; a person that placed the bounty would want the other one dead and not alive across all chars of an ID.

Cons - until the bounty is satisfied, people will hunt all of you, not just specific char (eg. a BS or a fighter); if you have a store and a fighter on a same ID, both would have a bounty...

agreed, it would b good

1. that would completely break the singleplayer storyline
    2. alternative to eagle in mp clearly was the sabre (ive played vanilla for years online)
    next to that I dont wish to alter anything from the vanilla game in such a way
    3. done
    4. is intended
    5. same as 1. -> breaks the storyline and balance
    6. support of dx10/11 is not going to happen -> the player can choose between classic dx8 and some dx9 features (not related to the FW mod)
    7. i assume that this is possible but am not sure why this is needed

1. yep, planned
    2. possible but tricky
    3. hiring npcs is possible in another mod but only because that mod broke with another vanilla feature -> so this is no real option
    + patrols are never able to leave a system -> FL is technically not able to do that; NPCs ALWAYS remain in their system or get removed from the game once they dock with a gate/hole
    4. hiring is not possible and actually you can not script such stuff without serious coding work
    5. no - the balance will not change
    6. it would be possible to prevent that IF I know all locations where this does happen

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

I believe that it is quiet annoying if the shields collapse everytime
    you want to tractor in something. That would disturb the already hard
    battles.

True, but you can tractor the items after the battle. I don't know if it's game breaking or not, but this would be the "logical" method (If the jettison lowers the shield too). Or maybe it's just my chaotic personal taste :/

• Thanks, OP! You're the best!

Seriously, most Devs don't even read their forums, let alone respond. I'm excited about 2.0!

Expect my donation after I pay off the Christmas bills!

• BTW, jetisson somewhy does NOT disables the shield.
    Clan-based NPC: GREAT IDEA!
    Disabling the shield with tractor beam: maybe only with light Tractor Beam?
    Valkyre VHF... Hmm. I liked the Valkyre... but now I <3 this one

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• I realize this may or may not be very hard to do, as I have next to no knowledge of game mod design (XD), but just ideas:

Perhaps there could be more factions within the coalition? If I remember correctly, the coalition was made of Russia, China, and Mid.East country's. (I feel like im missing something there...) Maybe you could make factions for Russian coalition, Chinese coalition, and Middle Eastern Coalition? (LOL not talking about BF2)

Another thing: is it possible for you to add new engine sounds? that would be cool... :)

Gamma

Join me on astroempires! Start in galaxy G20 and msg me, [-SD-] Lu_Xun, and I will get you into the guild I help run!

• OP already said that Coalition won't be split except of Coalition Rouges.
    New engine sounds are MUST HAVE, because it's strange to see that Coalition ships are using pirate ship engines.

• Will the CF equipment will be balanced, or remains the same? For example Coalition weapons has insanely long range and insanely fast projectiles (and some of the CF ships has insane nanobot/shield battery capacity and/or cargo capacity). The Coalition followed an another technological path than Sirius, but even the Sirius level 10 weapons (the one with the 1600 hull damage, forgot it's name) do not have this kind of insane projectile speed and range, even the nomad ones are 600 m/s too (Coalition weapons are also based on the same nomad technology).

This feels like, two different game with two different balance system trying to merge into one, which causes the destruction of the "weaker one".

The star systems and the story are amazing, and these HD environment textures...

• the mod is balanced based on the vanilla game... this will not change

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• In first: Coalition Gatlings cost nearly 1,5 mil.
    In second: Phoenix Project Cannons that sold on Earth have almost the same projectile speed and range.

• Suggestion: Battleship/Cruiser upgrade or basic feature
    *Maintenance Crew: Battleships/Cruisers regenerate (very slowly) HP over time up to X% of total HP.