Posts by Cygna

I play this also on my HTC M8 and Pad.
    Was playing for over 4 months, major update on phone, re-installed game
    lost everything... Meh... can't get it back.. 4 months wasted.

Starting again......

As all games of this ilk, your base defence is paramount.
    Try not to attack other players until you are strong enough, also upgrade everything
    until you need a HQ upgrade to continue on, thats important as the higher the HQ the
    more stronger the opponents will be..
    Don't rush it.... the bigger the upgrade, the longer it takes to be completed oc.

Have fun

Rgds

Cygna

p.s I am also Cygna on there too..lol

.SPOILER ALERT.

Take a new character, no kills
    Destroy... depot pods, not whole depots.
    1 DSE depot pod outside manhattan
    2 liberty police pods outside manhattan
    Either let them kill you, or dock at Rochester to reset the hostile flag

That takes care of Rogues, hackers, xenos... and outcasts.

Fly to Hamburg, stay alive. Dock at Alester Shipyard
    Destroy 2 repub pods outside the base. That takes care of Unioners, Red Hessians, etc.
    Let them kill you

Fly to New London.
    Dock at Southampton Shipyard.
    Destroy 2 BMM pods outside the base. That takes care of Mollys, corsairs and anyone else.
    Let them kill you.

You are now neutral with all original FL factions except nomads.
    This is useful if you want to trade and not get bothered by House Pirate Factions.

Rgds

Cygna

Safe Flying ;)

Merry Christmas to ALL on Swat Portal...

I hope to see you all in 2016.

Crossfire will Always be my Home, online or SP.

Best Wishes

Cygna wink

Yeah, having the same problems here.
    Been busy writing music and work stuff, but hope to be back on Sunday.
    Missing my flight suit. ;)

False positive from AVG, will disable it when i re-install the whole kit and caboodle Again!!

Hope to see you all again soon !!

Rgds

Cygna

#Fly Safe

Win 7 Home premium users:

I had a few problems with getting 2.0 to work to start with, I will give you a run down what I did to resolve this:

1) Un-install eveything that relates to Freelancer, delete save games folder too.( or move somewhere else)

2) Fresh install of Freelancer, re-start computer ( important )

3) You will have Crossfire 2.0 as a zip file, extract it as administrator to a place where you can find it.

4) Once unpacked, right click the bigger of the 2 Crossfire 2.0 folders, run as Administrator.

5) When it starts to load, you will get errors such as something to do with windows framework or a like, it will offer you
    to repair or delete, DELETE IT, as Crossfire comes with its own.

6) It will then carry on installing to FLMM, once done, activate it.
    6a) Graphics option set to Freelancer version.

7) When all is done, you will notice 2 shortcuts on desktop, 1 x Freelancer and Freelancer Crossfire. I found that the game
    works with the Freelancer shortcut first. The other one tends to not work at first.

8.) VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure before you start to play that you go to multi-player first to get the newer updates by Huor
    First, this will ensure any server or indeed other little bugs that prevented playing are corrected through the server update.

9) After I had done all of the above you need to set the shortcuts to run the game in Compatability mode Window service pack 2,
    SP3 tends to give me probs, SP2 works for me.

10) Make sure you patch up the game with the Widescreen patch, if you have widescreen oc.

11) Run the game as Administrator (right click shortcut), you may get a couple of CTD's, but if all the above has been done,
    It will sort its self out and you will have it up and running ok as I do.
    11a) Run SP when you are on-line, it will find a new file for the SP option, it automatically downloads it and you'll be good to go.

I am currentley enjoying the SP campains, will come on-line soon when I see the server on-line.

Hope this helps a bit.
    " See you in Space "

Rgds

Cygna

Well a long time coming, But i am sure its well worth the wait.. ;)

OP, to be honest, It wouldn't bother me at all if you did a complete char wipe, some may say " HARSH "
    but for 2.0 to have a good chance in playing and working right for everyone, I personally feel a char wipe
    would not only benefit YOU, Server, and new players, it also levels the playing fields on everyone...
    NO Ranked level 100 players, NO Players with awesome Alien weps, NO billions in Bank.
    A fresh NEW start for ALL, Besides.... thats the fun with this game, the exploring, Trading, Mining and discovering
    New systems to find, But if you have it ALL..... It would tend to make it too easy for said pilots.
    So Char wipe I say.

I would like to take this opportunity in thanking OP and ALL the DEV Team in " KEEPING THE DREAM ALIVE "
    And for all the hard work and dedication that they have put into this project.
    For if it wasn't for those people, This old Space Dog would have no home to go to... which is.....
    CROSSFIRE....
    I salute you all............. o7

See You In Space..

Cygna

I use AVG and have been since it came out. (6-8 yrs)
    The free version mind. And have not have any probs apart from in the past 1 or 2 false positive's.
    But now everything is fine.

Some major AV programs use alot of resources, which tend to slow the computer down,
    And you have to turn them off so as you can play online games, which is not a good idea.
    AVG can be left on all the time, which is why i use it, and I can report I have not had 1 single attack yet,
    it reports that they stopped them, plus the added fact you get free updates all the time. :)

Sounds like the reason he has lost his Crossfire is bc of what has just been said, AV has moved it into its vault.

Rgds

Cygna

Had the same thing yesterday NucNuc, could not get on Swat portal for the afore mentioned error.

MP was fine, but the error showed up on the Launcher screen also.

Still, after a re-boot, all was fine again. :thumbsup:

Gremlins perhaps..lol 8o

Rgds

Cygna

Franco's post is one of the most positive and Game inspiring reads I have read on here ever... Period !!!!
    Its nice to see something on here that isn't flaming, Trolling, or indeed spamming.

I raise a glass to your post Sir, as I too have played many a Space Sim as you said.
    Triple screen eh! Bet Crossfire looks awesome on it... You must post a pic of your setup so all of us can DrooL. ;)

Me just a 23" LG, Full HD Cinema Monitor, and that makes my Crossfire game come to life. Should have got 26"
    but needed to keep down the weight for its wall mounted, and the walls are hollow.

But as for your post, I applaud you. :applaus:

Rgds

Cygna ( an old space dude ) 8).

Just read through SC insurance policy posted by Crossfire.
    What a load of complicated clap trap.

Why can't you just BUY a new ship with the money you earn't with in-game credits.
    It says that in the insurance faq, but I bet you, you are limited, and then thats when the real money spinner is.
    Sounds like to me you will have to have an online wallet like in PS3/4, register your credit card and a min of $50
    must be deposited before you can play, and then watch the leech's empty your Bank Account.

Look, I am a VERY big fan of Space sims, played loads in my life... Star Citizen looks fantastic Graphically.
    But when something sounds too good, it normally means it wont be, I really hope its a success, I hope Roberts gets rich
    beyond Everest, and I hope the ppl that bought into this wont get ripped off, enjoy the experience, for it may pay the way
    and make you wiser in the future.

I'm Old Skool, when I buy something , I like to have it in my hands, not in cyberspace.
    The first post that started this thread I agree with, totally , just be careful what you sign up for thats all.

FreeLancer/Crossfire may be of an old tired format, limited to what you can expand on and do, but its great to play and fun.
    And besides, the word FREE is in its title. F R E E L A N C E R . Need I say more.

Cygna

Zee:
    "
    "Your Argument for Chris Roberts is e relevant. You promise you will
    release 2.0 last year... but you didn't....Should i hate you for that ?
    Seriously ?

There is no argument here just opinions.... The reason for 2.0 delay is thus: SC has a team of developers who work under Roberts, who in fact has
    millions of YOUR pounds to make this game..... OP on the other hand has himself and a handfull of ppl who make 2.0 in their spare time, who have RL's
    working and bringing up kids,and use their own time and money to make mod. If 2.0 was rushed out, and not tested fully, everyone would be complaining of the bugs that may have got overlooked.
    You are not ASKED to give any money to reserve your spot for when 2.0 comes out, just a donation if you so wish to.
    Crossfire 2.0 is free to download, and free to play... Thats the difference !!

And what exactly he promise that have not done yet ? Game is NOT finish yet. You are bashing at him since the kick starter end i,m pretty sure you
    want Star Citizen to fail just to say..see i told ya ! I,m sure if
    someone talk same crap about Crossfire you wont going to like
    that....right?

Paying up front for a game that has not been finished let alone started is just CRAZY talk...Plus the fact if you want to move forward in the game you have to pay
    real money to go further, and if you don't play regularly, you get busted down, and YOU think that is fair??
    SC is just what it is, Dangle the carrot and the stupid asse's will flock in....... Roberts is living the dream... and with your money !!!
    Crossfire always get trashed by others, its life, freedom of choice.

Give the man a chance ....will ya !
    No I wont, he had his chance when Freelancer was in the early stage's, He bailed out and had a hissy fit cos things got bad for him.

Elite dont offer nothing that i cant do in Crossfire. Actually is
    quite opposite. You cant even get out of your ship ...for cry sake. 10
    billion places to go with ONE station on etch map..seriously? Yah game
    is beautiful ...but don't come even close to SC You can play SC with out
    even living the ground .First person shooting with full universe...hell
    yeah

NO one have ever done that...no one! Crysis + Freelancer on ONE game....
    i wish good luck to the Elite but Star Citizen is THE GAME!

I don't hear anything negative about Star Citizen except when i log in Swat forums...that tell a lot!

You have to remember Freelancer was made in 2002/3 with the current tech at the time, YES SC looks great cos of the NOW tech, nobody would say otherwise,
    Its just the method how you get the game in the first place and other PAY2WIN parts of SC that are wrong and look suspect.
    When you spent £50 on a game from a shop, you don't expect to pay a further £50 to complete said game... enuff said.

Yes addon packs you do pay for, but in game no.

REMEMBER:

CROSSFIRE 1.9/2.0 IS FREE TO DOWNLOAD AND PLAY, NO HIDDEN COSTS, NO PAY2WIN, NO STRINGS ATTACHED:

Safe Flying

Rgds

Cygna

Whats all this Jibba Jabba .... Fools..........

There is only ONE Space Sim that I will play over and over again..................

And thats FREELANCER/CROSSFIRE......( And other variants ;) )

Instead of wasting ur hard earned cash on projects that simply in the end want MORE, of ur hard earned cash........... X(
    Donate to this site instead............. Simples...... :thumbup:
    I for one have donated in the past and will do in the coming future, Helps with the server costs and other bits for OP. ;)
    Chris Roberts is a con man, it will end up as the type of game u put on ur mobile phone...if you want better stuff you BUY it.!!! :thumbdown:
    I for one can't wait for Crossfire 2.0.......... Go for it OP :thumbsup:

Oh by the way, I'll Be Back !!! 8). :zocken:

Cygna

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know that I'm still around and still checking my favourite Mod site.
    Been a long while since I have put on my flight suit, Will have to send it to the dry cleaners soon
    as I need to get rid of the cobwebs and take my fighter for a spin very soon.

RL stuff always gets in the way, Work, Music, and stuff, you all know the drill.
    Anyhoos, This is just to let you all know that Ol'Cygna hasn't forgot his friends on here and will be back soon.
    Would like to hope that Crossfire 2.0 is almost complete and ready to be hammered a new one once online, looking forward to that.

All the best Pilots, see you soon, and keep up the good work.

Rgds

Cygna :thumbsup: