Proposal

There are 21 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• Well as it seems this kind of event is hardly getting played i want to make a proposal. Nothing totally new. But in my eyes it would help to make this kind of event.
    We have to get rid of the old behaviour where once a week a month was chosen to hold the event. We dont have the people and probably the people have less time to concentrate for this week. It has to be 24/7/365 event again. Everyone may mount the license and it has to be mounted the entire time. As all have a dual license slot on their ships this shouldnt be a problem at all. And as far as i know the dual license slot was made for this.

So how is the event then hold and who takes care of what? Well as everyone has every time the license mounted it is made the entire time. The systems designated for each side are known or can be retrieved by the CFNN side - where also the scoring is refreshed. Most likely people would then get the impression they can fight for what ever they have choose (asf or csf). Kills will be tallied automatically like usual. The big advantage in my eyes. We dont have to organize it, we do not mandatorily have to take care of the event. It is held the entire time when people kill each other. And it will be very automatically that soon people try to take care of the scoring if they dont want to loose the systems.

Probably and that is something i was thinking about to add from my side. To make the whole stuff a bit more attractive. I would add something to the hook, so asf get higher rewards killing npcs or killing other players within asf territory plus vice verse for the csf in the csf territory. If people would have their license mounted the entire time this shouldnt be a problem. Player are not allowed to mount asf and csf license by definition (that feature is already implemented).

Guys lets talk about how we can make the event happening. Please no quarrelling. Constructive criticism is allowed!

signature.png

• I like this idea too! (lets start some action first, score come later)

• As CSF commander I agree with a 24/7 event. I mean we have all the CF systems to do non ASF/CSF battles correct? Well then in the vanilla systems its where if you have a CSF/ASF license, and you cross the opponent from the other faction.... you attack without warning and get it scored up... I like this idea very much :)

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• Great idea, but things come back to the topic "Close the Arena" because 95% of the fights are in Arena, and scores don't count there.

And btw. can anybody give me a CSF license?

1.7 PvP and stuff

[video]

[/video]

• Avian: Huors idea is about moving ppl out of Arena and have from this benefits :).CSF licencse pls ask from GRs (or me .. still have one in storage)

• Thank you.

I support the proposal 100% I have been flyign around in my ASF, and not one single CSF has ever challenged me outside an organised event - even in CSF space.

Kind regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• I just can take care of the hook - although it would mean some work to do. I can at earliest finish that in a few weeks. But the GRs or current commanders can spread the word and take care that everyone is getting a license.

Inform the new players on the server and tell them about each side, without pointing them to one side only. Let the players choose. If its getting too much unbalanced then take care of it and let them fight for the other side. I think you know what I mean. You even can hand out jobs, saying a group of players shall guard some systems, take care of traders etc etc. Do not force the asf/csf - it will happen automatically!

signature.png

• while i can see your point bringing something like that on the ASF/CSF i personally would try to focus on the contest system

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• hmm, while on the contest system players are not supposed to wear any ASF or CSF licenses, as it would bess with the other scores.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• ASF CSF 24/7? There's a novel idea, I've been asking for this for a year now, as it would have certainly helped our population and action.

I like the rewards idea, but killing NPC, which ruins people's rep will only add more lag to the fights than we already have. On the other hand, if you were insistent on something like this, how about making the reward towards the system itself? In other words, if ASF has the most kills or time in a system, the entire system favors the ASF? ( green) and as a consequence, the entire system will be red towards CSF mounted players? You get the idea.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• technically nothing speaks against making ASF/CSF fulltime again
    in CF1.8 we decided to have the ASF/CSF event based in one week of the month because double licenses did not exist and this even would have conflicted normal RP
    in CF1.9 we do not have this limitation any longer.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• From my view ( bilion miles from server ) its hard for me to join large battles, lag is a biatch....but whatever you guys decide to implement I will try to support :D

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• ASF CSF 24/7? There's a novel idea, I've been asking for this for a year now, as it would have certainly helped our population and action.

I like the rewards idea, but killing NPC, which ruins people's rep will only add more lag to the fights than we already have. On the other hand, if you were insistent on something like this, how about making the reward towards the system itself? In other words, if ASF has the most kills or time in a system, the entire system favors the ASF? ( green) and as a consequence, the entire system will be red towards CSF mounted players? You get the idea.

voted yes, that way many things can start to roll up! 8).

technically nothing speaks against making ASF/CSF fulltime again
    in CF1.8 we decided to have the ASF/CSF event based in one week of the month because double licenses did not exist and this even would have conflicted normal RP
    in CF1.9 we do not have this limitation any longer.

OP make it happens 8).

I understand your idea Gunny, but it would mean more work for me ;)
    As if ASF leave their system they have to have the same rep like before. There is quite a bit more logic needed to cover every possible way.

We support and appreciate every second of ur free time Huor 8).

• Do we actually only vote or is there someone who brings that to work? I mean what hinders you?
    Problems? Mind to talk about?

We actually have to do something!

Hmmm...even Mich didn't reply at this, so more or less we are screwed? :huh:

j/k 8)

Huor

I will gladly help with this, but i am afraid that i have not any skills needed for this work.
    When i have free time i can test some new features under various circumstances and in that way bring to daylight eventual bugs.