Hi folks

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Balefire.

• Hi @all,

I come here since I was hearing from the awesome crossfire 1.9 mod what revives Freelancer from the dead.
    What I see is really hard to believe, you guys did an absolute awesome job, this Mod looks very nice and it is fun even 10 years later to play it.
    I am very curious about the 2.0 Version of it.

I finished SP recently with my Cyclone, need to gather last things for my ship ( lvl 10 graviton shield, sunslayer torpedos, this nemesis misslie launcher) and then go on exploring a little more.

By now I am fighting with the the Coalition Rogues what are very hard to beat ( actually the lead by now 10:1 ) but I am improving my skills and if I also handle this guys maybe enter MP ( depending on the time for the game my girlfirends allows me :P ) .

The forum and the wiki (index.php?page=Article&articleID=944&languageID=1) especially helped me a lot.

Keep on the very good work guys and finally

Hello Crossfire Community!

• Hello ramses, welcome here :)

... if you like 1.9 SP, you will be excited with 2.0 SP (amount of changes and updates is HUGE) and I'm not saying about many different graphics upgrades :)
    ... mentioned coalition rogues in new top missions (I talk about missions taken in bar, not storyline) are in 2.0 really crazy, I think it really will need take at least one your friend to survive them :D
    ... exploration during 2.0 SP will be now much easier possible at some campaign moments (campaign can be paused for free exploration)

• welcome ramses

if you manage to 6:4 count you should be MORE THAN READY for the server. ;)

... and if you're able to get so much "training time" allowed,
    then your girlfriend will already be used to your "planet off" times :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• howdy

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hello Ramses and welcome to the CF community.
    Coalition Rogues leave a lot of nanobots in loot, so all you need is to press GGGGGGGGGG and kill a rogue fighter faster than your nanobots end, then press B (after that nanobots will be full again), then repeat same actions with the next target :) It gets easier with each kill because fewer rogues are left to shoot at you.

Good luck!

- Wanderer -

Edited 2 times, last by (IOC)Wanderer: extending ().

• Hello Ramses and welcome aboard!

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Hi,

thanks for the warm welcome.

What Forlorn writes makes me really curious. I am fully convinced that you guys will release when its ready and it will be a fat improvement ;) . Until then community has with 1.9 something already great to play with!

For the Coalition Rouges. I started missions with all others except Rogues, actually Missions in Altair are much harder than anything in Sirius( therefore also much better rewarded, what is really fair since imho also torp/misslies needed), but it is a challenge to pick up. I looked at the videos for combat training and adapted my opening moves and shooting angles, I yesterday was able to kill 5 waves of Kusari but did a dumb mistake at the 6th ( and hopefully last ) wave. Still 5xCoaltion Gun per Fighterand 4 Fighters per wave is really strong.

With the new weapons and tactics going back and through Sirius is like moving a knife through butter :)

Also the decision for a ship took long, but I start to get familiar with my Cyclone and also this will help.

• Welcome aboard ramses... nice to have another pilot in Cf space ofc... hehehe...

As for coalition rogue, my tactic is a bit different btw... normally, at the initial encounter, i just rammed 1 of their fighters and boost away until your distance from them is around 1.7k. Then, turn around and you will see they are spread out a bit.
    now, just boost towards the loner one and kill him fast... then, boost away again... do the same until all of them are dead... i know it is a coward move... but hey, you survive... hehehehe...

• Thanks for the hints, trying to separate them is actually very good idea.
    I will also use different shield what is good vs particle and return to altair maybe next week to challenge them again, accepting defeat is not my kind of character :)

• Hi,

yeah I did a run yesterday, bought the three lvl 10 shields and the sunslayer torpedo and did some training runs in Sea of Shadows with the Outcast and in X-3043 with the CSF. Sure Outcast where no match but CSF started to be ( at least in missions from Planet Crossfire ). I start to love the Cyclone and getting used to the proper usage of Missiles. Btw very good youtube videos for Combat, I learned a lot about right firing angles and maneuvers, works out pretty good already! Lets see how much time I have in the next days, but I plan next week to go back to the Outcast Rogues and see if odds are better then. If I am successfuly I can maybe buy once a Battleship and see how it works with that one. Already at 60 Mio Credits with all Equipment on board.

Edited once, last by ramses: Corrected System name ().