Posts by ramses

... just get a police license : pirates are then "Kill On Sight" for you ^^ ... but you for them either :D ... AAAND you can "counter-fine" them ;)

This is inevitable, but Pirates should also be engaged by Navy/Police.
    I just sold my Police license since I mostly was hunting NPCs and the repair costs for the license ( what in the end is funny, what can there be damaged or even repaired) are huge.

I am also used to this kind of "pirating". THis is one of the reasons why tax system favours pirates. It woulf be better if anyone anytime can kill a pirate on sight and sees him always hostile. Actually it should be because of this for pirate unsuitable to sit on "traffic" points because they should expect being shot at by everyone instantly rather than trying to find places where they can find an unseen place to do their ambush.

Hi,

Your Werewolf is fine and imho much better than the cheap Titan, Eagle and Sabre.
    There are so many ships, all depends on your way of flying it.

Me personally I liked the ships to be acquired in Altair sector. Means Saracen or Saber ( Not Sabre!) .
    From Sirius I like SF18 Arrow and F-190 Malice. Basically from stats the Horizon is also nice but no one really mentions it. But if you like your Werewolve stick to it for now, you can take equipment from one machine to the other. Your ship is not the bottleneck :)

What sounds very "Optional" but in deed is very useful: Advanced Hydroxin Thruster .
    I in the beginning also thought this is very optional, indeed it is very useful since you can "run" with them.
    Also what I do not see on your configuration are Nemesis and Cataclysm missiles, ẃhich only cost time and no money since they can not be bought but only be found ( just before you head back from altair to sirius).

PS: Biggest improvement: Buy Gatling Guns in Altair sector, either Murmansk or Coalition HQ!
    PPS: If you dont want to do this you can also go for faster weapons with Skyblast B.

Hi, tut mir leid, arg viel mehr seh ich nicht.

Nach einem Neustart. hm, hast du die CD noch drin oder das Image via Daemon-Tools? Dann triggert der Autostart.
    Wenn nicht dann mal in deinem autostart schauen, also in cmd einfahc mal "msconfig" eingeben und sehen was da so drin ist. Hab aber moch nie gehört das dass da reinrutscht.

Antivirus ist immer ein Thema scheinbar. Speziell dieser Norton Antivir ist da empfindlich ( und sowieso furchtbar tief im system). Da einfach mal den Freelancer Ordner als Ausnahme definieren wie das afaik auch in dem Link steht den Forlon gepostet hat.

Hi Freelancer,

Denn ich habe Freelancer, FLMM und Crossfire neu installiert / aber vorher die Registrie vom alten Freelancer gesäubert / den Vierenschutz und die Firewall deaktiviert.
    MfG
    Tokaia

Hi,

Mir fehlen da noch zwei Dinge die auch im Guide stehen:

1) Vor der Installation entfernen des Savegame ordners im Windows user folder
    2) Schreibschutz für den ganzen Ordner Freelancer aufheben, nicht nur für 1-2 Dateien.

Now I think I get it. When people say "this BS has fat firepower" despite of the number of turrets are same for all, they mean how many of the turrets can be used to fire to the front. :thumbup:

Thanks for the extensive input. I will think about this during the week :)

Thx for the participation. I liked my Liberty Cruiser and also the fact that it is CD proof. What my Navitas is not unfortunately ( but it is 550 Klicks fast).

If the Inquisitor is not CD proof then think will not suit me. Anyone experience with the Corsair Battleship - Maelstrom
    or Rheinland Dreadnought - Celestis? Is it really big?

Yes Osiris looks good for now. Anyhow I use it for fun, hunting e.g. CSF Cruisers in X.
    How is relation of size between Osiris and Liberty Battleship - Iteron?

Hi Guys,

I am using a Kusari Battleship - Navitas with Civilian Turrets, is pretty fine but I am a little disapponted about the mobilityin space ( always hangs with his wings in trade lanes, when there is a small stone between wings and hull then this stone is the immovable object archimedes was alwas searching for :) ) .

Since buying a new battleship is a very expensive trade, I want to ask for some experience.

At first, are all battleships same in their weapons, meaning 2-4 Torpedos and 8+2 TUrrets? Or is there also some built in weapons like with the Liberty Cruiser?
    Second, what about Size? Are there also some smaller ones?

Right now I am thinking about a BorderWorlds Dreadnought - Inquisitor or a Corsair Battleship - Maelstrom. Any experince with this?

Cheers

Hm I dont get your point, I never reinstalled 2.0. And also I do not have any problems with windows firewall and the antivirus ( yes it detected the widescreenfix but you should exclude the directory anyway from screening).

Also OP once said that he was wondering where all the bugs come from since they did a long test phase without any error.

PS: Harddrives die, it is their fate. after around 5 years you should start thinking about that this will come, be more careful at the S.M.A.R.T. reports and get prepared to buy a new one.

Hi,

alternative would be to take away the Werewolf ( I guess this was the one in Pittsburgh), would you be more happy then? :) Be happy that you have a very powerful ship in a beginners area. Don't grasp for the full body when you are offered only a finger.

Btw this ship has a very big advantage even with "weaker" weapons: Its hull, the amount of weapons it can take and the power to maintain shooting with them! The last point is important since energy is a limited ressource. There are ships which can mount powerful weapons but are rather weak with firering them constantly. This is indicated at the maximum and optimum weapons level.

In the end this is just a very nice possibility for those who restart the campaign: Farm for pods until you have 10+ Mio and buy a nice ship and rush through the campaign instead of growing your gear with it.

Weapons come with time, and some weapons are not even sold but can be "farmed" or "found". :)

PS: If you want to you can also trade within NY for the money. There are some nice traderoutes within NY ( I acn remember Diamonds from Newark to Fort Bush to mention just one, also there is Rochester Base and Buffalo Base which might also offer non-standard goods for those which are friendly.). Also extending Range to California System might be good idea. Good traderoutes within those two systems!

See full map here http://www.swat-portal.com/php…iconItem&id=141#headline1

PS: If you like a good ship there are some at Mactan base in Magellan system. Aiming in the beginning not for a VHF ( Very Heavy Fighter) but just a HF (heavy fighter) might be good enough.

See https://swat-portal.com/forum/…i/crossfire/ships/#medium, prices are much cheaper. Especially those Carriers which are acting as stations around Sirius provide with decent firepower for a small price. New London and connected Systems for example. Trident and Marauder are some examples.

I also tried wifi in my apartment and it was still very nice ping of around 29.
    Maybe your wife has new phone our your kids? If you have wifi router always think about a MAC filter to securely control who has access.

What can also be is that there is an application on your machine which sends lot of data recently outside.
    Maybe a trojan or simple things like enabling onedrive, torrent dl or any other app which is synching his state with the net.

Anyhow I connected all my devices via cable, just reliable and less radiation in the room ( this makes people tired).

I w as online yesterday from 18:30 to 20:00 and i docked/undocked a lot of times all over western sirius. Game worked very nice!

Hi,

I have a question for mooring points. I see that the docking behaviour for this big bases was changed ( great, saves lot of time!) and that are many moore boses now dockable by bigger ships. Is there an overview of this?

Server not responding properly since yesterday. You can login to a station but if you want to lift off it says that the servers takes longer than expected to answer and then connection is disabled....