Clan systems

There are 57 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• On our Development boards we have a topic called Territory updates. This topic is so far not done yet as we infact dont really know how to deal with it.

The topic is mainly about the Crossfire clan systems.
    ... or better to say how the layout of the clan systems will be in CF2.0
    The main reason why this thread is still there is the fact that now that the mod is almost done a decision has to be done about the clan systems and how to deal with them in future.
    For us as dev team it would be perfect to know which Clans we have on the server, which of them are active server clans which regulary rent a system and which clans might join in near future.
    Also important would be a full overview about rented systems.

With that information we could prepare the mod and add all clan specific features with right at the release of CF2.0

On the other side we are also aware that right now every clan would buy a pig in a poke considering the upcoming updates.

So the main question here is "are the clans willing to decide which system they want even if they dont really know the mod?"
    Thats a question only the clans can answer now.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

...active server clans which regulary rent a system...

That seems something you might know best, since you receive the payments of the clans for their systems. With a look on your SWAT related banking-account you shoud know
    which clans realy pay "regularly". ;)

Could be a help to decide, which clan might be eligible for a further suggestion :

Since the mod is "almost done" I assume the new layout for jumpgate- and wormhole-connections is also almost finished.
    I would assume one of the more important reasons for a clan to decide, where to settle.

If you let - al least - the clanleaders of "eligible" clans have a look on such a map, it might help them to make a decision even before the whole mod is released.

And to keep possible "spoilering" at bay : only to the clanleaders and olny to clans with a "reputation" of being serious in their engagement on the server, aka "regular payment" :D

Only a suggestion to "speed up" the process.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• it is not as easy as you might think

infact i know of one new serverclan + 2 possible new server clans
    and i have to assume that current state does not reflect the true conditions we have at the release

I am asking this stuff now because i dont want to patch the game just coz of the clans 1 week after the release

next to that should also be considered that there are server clans with currently inactive clan leaders

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• look... if I say something about needed patches in such cases then I mean it this way... they are needed then

and when I bring up such a topic and ask the clans for their feedback then "go and look in your data" is clearly the wrong answer to me
    fact is I bring up this topic for a reason and I say stuff exactly the way they were said for a reason

I dont have the luxury of time and therefore i am not interested in discussions about reasons or whatever... for me only the result is important
    without that result i cant finish my work... and that means you wont get the mod

so with other words... the members of the community (actually mostly the clans which intend to use the new features) should be most interested in thinking about this issue and delivering the answer

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• From the [CFPD] clan, i'm the only one who is in game ( Rifty and Gunny get in game from time to time, but very very rare, Azimut have laugher problem and Cryzis is busy with real life things) and Michael... i saw him in game when i get into the clan, and from that time i did't see him anymore. But still i can talk with him in the forum if he want to be moved our clan system somewhere else.

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• ive to search the pm now

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @all clan leading: please post here or send to SWAT_OP-R8R pm about ACTUAL request for clan system in CF 2.0! (as fast as possible)

• I think move clan system will be possible (but you need count with 'time requirement'). Now main advantage will be that you will have 'home' with 2.0 start. Also now is time for put all necessary stuff to chosen system. Everyone can do its own decision, for my clan remains our first 'old' choice ( Omega-3 ).

• 1. bottleneck systems are not free to rent (due to obvious reasons)
    2. a bit more information would be required such as the clan name and the clan logo
    3. donations for the monthly rent require that you write something into the purpose so i can identify that its for a clan system
    4. i have to do the final system setup... this included that i know which clans rent systems and where

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Does New Hong Kong count as a "bottleneck" system, due to the Coalition Hypergate? It would be much the same condition as Omega 3 ^^. IOC will continue to use the same clan logo; if we have to choose another system, let us know ASAP!

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)