CF Server

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by kermit.

• On 17th August 2013 the CF server will shut down. The hosting contract has been canceled yesterday so this pretty much is final.
    RIP,.. bla bla bla, yada yada yada.

The costs for the server are covered for the next 2 months actually (due to some generous donations -> thx).
    The future of CF depends on the community members contribution and activity in the next few months. The option to rent a new server in August clearly exists... infact I have an offer at hands which looks very good.
    I want to play with open cards like I always did, thats why I am announcing this change now and in such a way.

You all expect me to work on the mod, to work on the portal, to deal with all your problems and to host the server that you play on.
    Now lets put into words what I expect from you members:

• Activity/loyalty to CF (real life always has priority so please dont misunderstand this)

• I expect that the troubles of the past are left behind and old grudges remain in the past

• I expect that the clan leaders start doing clan work again OR that clan leaders which went inactive get replaced so the clans can do their job again (recruitment, training, rp, events, etc...)
      no really i am serious with that... the server does not need half dead clans which are not able or willing to find new members... the server does not need inactive clans which can not pay the rent for their systems or afford the time to do recruitment/training
      -> at this point Id like to remind the clans when their members did actively play together, had training schedules, regular meetings, requirements for promotions etc.

• I want that the payment for the server is being secured. That means that the server clans pay REGULARY for their systems. A new server (eventhough it is much more powerful) costs less than our old server. I consider it absolutely possible to finance such a server by ACTIVE clans. The more active clans we have, the lower the costs for each system. It can not be (or should not be) that certain individuals have to jump in to pay for the server hardware just because server clans dont consider this topic serious. Clans with system often refer to their "rights"... the right to have a GR... the right to set rules for their system... the right to represent the clan in leadership discussions. Clans will loose those rights if they are not willing to give something back.
      You can also forget that I am financing your fun on the server. I already cover the costs for 2 big webservers which ensure that this community keeps running (and also hosts some of your clan forums for free).
      IF the community can not ensure that the CF game server can be financed over a long period of time then I can pull the plug since i am not bound to a long term hosting contract anymore.

• I want that this veteran shit ends. What you have done aeons ago does not matter... the only thing that matters is what you do now.

• Think before you act.

• Always keep in mind that you are not the only person on the server and this community which has the right to have fun.

• Help to keep this things running... here and on the server. (and keep the excuses for yourself... i am not interested in those) -> you are a human being... if you lack in an abilitiy you always have the option to learn

Eventhough i probably forgot to mention alot stuff it pretty much covers what I expect from all of you.
    So stop talking about all the things you would do and start to act instead.
    Use the next months, work on the problems, bring back the activity and fun. The reward is a brand new powerful server (+50% performace), CF2.0 and a better community.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Edited once, last by Huor: added a list for a better overview of the points ().

• OMG, so it has finally happened.

I am gutted, crestfallen, saddened, in fact whatever is understood in the many languages of people on this forum.

not much that I can say really, merely echo OP's thoughts.

Rayok
    :bcrying::bwowdude::bdamn:

• Sorry to hear.
    Im relatively new to the server to know about all the old grudges that keeps beeing mentioned.
    But what i do know is that i enjoy the server alot.
    So i hope there will be a good sollution to the problem.

Should it not, let me just say thank you for the opertunity you gave me to dust off my old copy of freelancer.

• you can see it as bad news or you can see it as chance.
    its your choice
    in the end its just what you make out of it

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thx, this imo sounds as fair enough offer. ... will use it as a chance :)

• VERY interesting reward/opportunity 8o - i'm in :thumbup:
    BUT as you state activity is a requirement for all, on forum and ingame (action and reaction).

I start to polish my ships immediately, they got some rust atm (not a pretty sight btw.). Then do what i can, to get more action ingame (my duties).
    I dunno about clan IOC atm., maybe I will step in or something else.

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• Yup, time for people to focus on the present, not on the past, so this way we can make a better future.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Maybe it's time for me to apply for [CFPD] :S

I said 3 months ago that you have a place in CFPD when you are ready. That offer still stands.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• the server financing originally was directed to the clans
    however we are not at the point that this is working again
    you can do donations on the crossfire website, what you are willing to donate is your decision

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It is done 45€/$65us for the new crossfire server. :freunde: Because I love this MOD!
    Who will also step up? :P
    hope my ping will be better..140.0.0 is average for me from the USA. :cursing:

Hey if you play this mod and you like it help out! 8).
    PodMan/Lord_Hekkera

• Certain clan may also restart renting their system.

Anyway, weren't 3 clans who just started renting their systems these last months ? Or was it a one-time pay... it shouldn't, since they are still marked as "Official Clans" in the clans list, updated for last time 2 days ago.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Being on a return myself, I'm not certain what's the status of IOC payment for Casius. I have to check what amount of money I can put aside and transfer them to the server account.

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• As was expected long ago...

As CF have no free servers, it will be dead after shut down...

Anyway. Thak you for inspiration and new ideas (especially abou forum engine).

Take care. And see you somewhere else.

[video]

[/video]

[Battle Command] Intergame Clan. Out.

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

On 17th August 2013 the CF server will shut down. The hosting contract has been canceled yesterday so this pretty much is final.

Clear enough.

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• afGun: he clearly said that he has found another server and will have to get a money via donations to pay for it: "The option to rent a new server in August clearly exists"...
    And some clans have paid their system rent (as I saw in "Server Clans List"), so hope still exists.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".