Posts by [BC]afGun

I guess I understood now. Escape pods. I sold of them in prison stations. But wasn't so haste for upgrades. Wanted to just slowly but steadily explore. As a resault accumulation of money increased the level faster than the ship and weapons were upgraded.

In other words, the mod punishes newcomers for trying to accumulate million-anoter credits instead of constant upgrading.

Anyway I created a special new character for SP.

Here we go: 5k+ HP, 7 level of guns. Still unbeatable and almos instantly deadly even for defender (guess how I learnd it).

And by the way, one of the screnshots above is not a Titan. Just Barracuda.

P.S.

Seeing lvl 12 or lvl 19 enemies when your own level already is that high is absolutely nothing unusual.

But that was unusial for me. For all 20 years of playing this game I never used godmode or kind of anywhere - that tells me something.

To clarify: while mission difficulties relatively the same as Vanilla, the random encounters exceed with HP\shield parameters from 2 to 4 times for just created character. There is a chance to being stuck in base, because of insta-kill by NPC when undocking. Or constant chance to be instantly killed while tradeline\cruise disruption. For a beginner in NY it's a serious problem.

Anyway, if the increase the threshold of entry was initially planned, then I have no questions.

Files

• screen4.jpg

(380.14 kB, downloaded 2 times, last: )
    • screen3.jpg

(296.7 kB, downloaded 4 times, last: )

The additional money in MP and SP when creating a new char is more than sufficient to equip a ship with all tools neccessary to survive and kill NPCs early on.

Like sabre in New York?

I got stuck in a space base once because of hostile high-level encounters in New York - they intantly shot me down right after undocking 7 times in a row. The same thing happens when tradelane is disrupted by high level ships (they also use cruise disruptors). And no equipment helped until I reached "Hammerhead" ship level.

I have to say this mod is definetly not new player friendly.

To say it straight: I find it hostile for newcomers. For several reasons. But less than Discovery mod.

did buy new ship and had to grind 700k again.

How about a few millions for a ship that have efficiency lower than Hammerhead? Or 8kk for a ship relatively equal to Titan (800k) and Sabre?

No clue how it is on MP, since it just annoys me how to make credits,

Well, if you survive, you can gather the Escape Pods and sell them at the nearest prison station. Yeah, it's still grinding. But much more effective in compare of missions, trading or ship wrecks survey.

survival of any ship is down to three things.

From my earlier experience of CF battlesships actually four. And the first one above all is luck.

It's a huge target which you can hit even while being drunk. It's even can't properly escape the fight. And that exactly what I'm asked about. In earlier CF I had really bad luck and was torn to pieces several times by a group of 4-6 nomads for seconds. In the end I gave up the exploration and next I just burnt out.

So now, I have to to choose, which mod is most comfortable for battle ship deep space expeditions. Im' too old for all of this sh hardcore, it seems.

Anyway, I already found a godmode option in singleplayer. So it doesn't matter now.

When trying initialize the game (loading screen shows for a second). Black screen when trying to play intro videos and then - crash.

More interesting part is that all versions of FL started to crash.

Houston, I have a problem.

While installing CF any version of Freelancer suddenly ceased to load and crashing with "Appcrash" event. Also, there in a black or gray screen while game trying to show preload intro video. Clean reinstall doesn't help. My best guess it's happened because of parallel versions (mod and vanilla) of game, but I don't know how to cfix it (unistall seems, can't help with this).

System is WIn7. Crash happend when Iinstalled a parallel vanilla for mod. Before this FL was working fine.

Имя события проблемы: APPCRASH

Имя приложения: Freelancer.exe

Версия приложения: 1.0.1223.11

Отметка времени приложения: 3e401b79

Имя модуля с ошибкой: Common.dll

Версия модуля с ошибкой: 1.0.1223.11

Отметка времени модуля с ошибкой: 3e401cd3

Код исключения: c0000005

Смещение исключения: 00091eb8

Версия ОС: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Thanks for operative answers. I guess I will try it at least.

Did I understood correctrly, that even deep mod systems for solo, now possible to exlore too with a proper equipment (I just need to find out wich ones)? Because 10 years ago it was ... impossible for me :)

P.S.

Cap ships got a rebalance last year, making them significantly thougher. However, they are not primarily designed to destroy fighters.

I always used battleships like "Cyclop" submarine in Subnautica - as a mobile base for long run deep space exlorations. If even top-list capital ship can be shot down by a few NPC in seconds (without using torpedoes and rockets), the idea simply becomes meaningless. In other words: I'm more interested in the battleship's survivability, not firepower (well... except cruise disruption moments).

Hello there. and sorry for my English.

I did't played the game for too long time (more than 10 years) and found out that I forgot almost everything. Discovery mod already warmly welcomed me with tripple death by NPC without any chance to complete routine missions. So I seek any luck here, but now much more cautiously.

My questions are:

1. Is there "no compaign" option for single player? (needed for free exploration which I want to do so in SP withot worrying of roleplay, pvp and so on)

2. How friendly are the mission difficulties? Especialy starting difficulies in New York system.

3. Are the capital ships still glass cannons wich unable to survive even 2-4 hostile fighters?

Thanks in advance.

Just in addition:
    Remember the "Last Shine of Ksygon-Geleon" (yeah-yeah, that same battleship )?

It was a fragment of big composition project (named "Heart of Land of the Morning Star") in very old programm and software - my first composition work which marked the direction of my future works. The project abandoned after crashing of old sounbanks but recorded fragment remastered in 2013 and published as "Last Shine".

So, the work on the project now restored (but divided into several parts due to its length). But is written in the new program of course :)