GR needed

There are 21 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by R@F1.

• WE need a GR online now.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• we need a more active one all the time whats new there hell im uesing EM nots to tell players to stop reloading and F1 in combat and im not ment too

my char names

Event~Manager~Rifty
    [CFPD]Rifty
    [CFPD]Rifty.

• Screenshots and report, they will be teached a lesson about F1ing and reloading.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Screenshots and reports don't do shit when a player(s) is lagging / hacking / cheating on the server and ruining the game.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Maybe we should introduce less privileged but more populated "ambassadors"? Elected from adequate and active players
    So they can deliver GR messages and notices when no GRs are online.

The jumpdrive is a lie!

• You, for example? No, really, you can do it! And being a "translator" for russian-speaking players that barely speak english... :) (I sometimes fill this role)

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Well, in Rifty's cases it was about F1ing and reloading, which is easely reportable by screenshots (it is why I purposedly mentioned F1ing and reloading). But as I guess the thread was about something else like cheats/etc, then at least inform at about what hour does such player usually comes online so we can find it. And with names and more info, which can be done privately.

And other players with powerful enough PCs, who didn't invent a rule on not making videos, can record the player with his cheats and STILL report, efficiently about the cheaters/hackers/etc.

Anyway, everyone is an "ambassador" here with his own voice and rights to speak from and to GRs/OP, you don't need other people to speak in your place, you are free, and can easely do it yourself. There's nothing wrong in reporting something to the GRs, since we take reports privately (while the report itself is private, not public), and deal with the reported one(s) properly, when the report itself is proper enough for a decision.

But in the few cases where some people can't speak in english, then it's reasonable and easy to ask a friend to report something in your place.

We could have like "russian ambassador", "german ambassador", and such, ment especially for those who can't properly report in english to ask these people to help with translations, or to report in their place. But not general ambassadors so that everyone starts thinking they don't even have to report anymore, "the ambassador has to do all that", and if the ambassador missed to report something, to blame them... same as how it happens to the GRs lately.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Maybe we should introduce less privileged but more populated "ambassadors"? Elected from adequate and active players
    So they can deliver GR messages and notices when no GRs are online.

I consider all EMs as a CF ambassadors.

• That could work if you insist on general ambassadors, not based on languages.

But an ambassador's report has to make as much sense as a normal report.

• We could have like "russian ambassador", "german ambassador", and such, ment especially for those who can't properly report in english to ask these people to help with translations, or to report in their place. But not general ambassadors so that everyone starts thinking they don't even have to report anymore, "the ambassador has to do all that", and if the ambassador missed to report something, to blame them... same as how it happens to the GRs lately.

Can I haz Canadian Ambassador? loljks, but LP's GR should be on soon/from time to time, I think :P

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• why is this thread server news?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ajay: Actually, i do already...:D

@OP: Ask thread creator :)

@All: I meant ambassadors = "messengers" and "translators". There's not much GRs\EMs so it happens sometimes that GR can't even contact a person due different timezones or bad timing - that's where new group can help. It should be more populated to ensure that anytime there's at least one online - to communicate with ppl and discuss cases w/ those who do not visit Forums often. Also, they could be helpful translating stuff. :]

The jumpdrive is a lie!

• why is this thread server news?

I didn't even notice, my bad.

[threadmoved]Moved to Cares, penuries, applications (Proposal...?)[/threadmoved]

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• designate a person to report all hacks n stuff?

you're asking the impossible.

blame them for not doing their job? (1) if you can do better, why not volunteer in the first place. (2) it creates drama. (3) you'll only succeed in driving not one but at least two people for getting on their case (one being the ambassador but the others who get fed up with the drama or is scared away by it.

K.I.S.S Keep It Simple Stupid. GR's are plenty. adding more moderator-types is just rubbing lime juice on a wound shortly before cleaning with an iodine/alcohol solution. if a Galaxy Ranger is not doing their job or not competent enough for it, submit a ticket and someone will get back to you (that's why it's there people)

• Michael: Taking the heat for being a GR is part of territory, your fault or not doesn't matter. We need GR's online during US timezones. If that's not going to happen, then the problems will continue. Active enforcement has always been successful, passive enforcement fails.

• Michael: Taking the heat for being a GR is part of territory, your fault or not doesn't matter. We need GR's online during US timezones. If that's not going to happen, then the problems will continue. Active enforcement has always been successful, passive enforcement fails.

Out of curiosity, is LP the only clan with a GR in North America?

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!