Crossfire 2.0

There are 98 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by DonPasteraVFX.

• k, thx.

And another way how to raise players interest for HF, LF (except design)? ... I thought about special mountable equipment (maybe something what is assembled like cloak device) ... dunno, this is only suggestion, maybe someone will come with better useful idea.

Edit by
    or higher cruise speed (only cruise!) for those categories?

• While i would normally stay out of this discussion, clearly i'm not now lol. Only reason i am saying something is about a point raised a few pages back about trying to get players to fly other ships. This is something i've run across with my last mod.

I went for a balancing act in it regarding ships, so at the top end were a number of fighters with very similar stats, virtually nothing to choose between them. Players all picked the Eagle. Now the first question plenty of people asked me when they first joined the server, was this simple classic, "What's the best ship?". When i answered there isn't one, it was more about which one you liked the look of, they were confused. "No best ship? How do we know which is best?". I gave up and said the Eagle in the end.

All this proves to me is that hardly anyone reads the stats of a ship, they go with what they know, regarding a vanilla based mod anyway, and variety just confuses them. Tough luck for them in my new mod then rofl

• I can see where you come from Gibbon. I got about 10 mods running happily on my system, but in every one of those, everybody is flying the same ships because they think it's the best. When I get a ship, I take my time and read the stats first, so I know what I may or may not buy. Also, I like to have at least one of each class on my account.
    I would like to see better cruise speeds on LF as they are normally used as "hit and run" or "peak and run". Also a shorter time to get to cruise speeds would be nice for LF, say 2 sec cruise. With that, they won't need cloak or special weapons in my opinion.

HF could be slightly slower with reaching cruise speed in maybe 4 secs and slightly better weapons. Cruise speed should be slower than LF but faster than VHF.

VHF could have the best weapons and equipment, but slower to turn and to reach cruise speed.

I wouldn't bother with cloak as everybody would want a ship with cloak and the others get ignored again, even though they might be better ships.

Just my thoughts.

Cru

• For me , everything is fine, except that humans need better shields and weapons against the innercore aliens, or most of them ...

For too long have we given the scientists and engineers chance to re-work and improve on the existing weapons and shields.

Now it is time to see the results of their work. :thumbup:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• For me , everything is fine, except that humans need better shields and weapons against the innercore aliens, or most of them ...

For too long have we given the scientists and engineers chance to re-work and improve on the existing weapons and shields.

YEA! One of my points :D

For me , everything is fine, except that humans need better shields and weapons against the innercore aliens, or most of them ...

• Status update:
    This week i probably will be able to finish the environmental changes for CF2.0 which means that all of the existing CF systems got updates.
    The populated systems more then the worlds without any colonies.
    These update include major changes on the quality of asteroid fields and nebulas, wide range changes on NPC encounters, patrol paths, environmental ambient music, tradelanes in coal systems, stations, moons, infocards, effects, depots, wrecks, hypergates, weapon platforms, missions, bars, system backgrounds, mining zones and alot of stuff i dont remember right now.

With other words a very big part of the mod is going to be done.

So what is left to do before we can consider a release?
    The server side features require more time, in the past few weeks we did tests of the new roleplay features and everything is a bit more complicated than expected.
    Also the conquest system and the clan bases require more time to finish.
    Next to that it would be cool if we get a stable launcher done till the release.
    However, that is something utrack and huor have to figure out.

I personally have two major topics left to do.
    Finishing the already started ship replacements and finishing the storyline in the next weeks.
    Once that is done all the "must" topics on my to-do list for CF2.0 are done.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

SWAT_OP-R8R

'

'

Sweeeet!

'

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• Awesome! So HeIIoween decided to release their Conquest mod? That sounds wonderful :)
    The brief time that it was active was a lot of chaotic fun on the 88 Flak servers, although the Xenos being in control of all of New York kinda pissed off all the new people :P
    We'd made the suggestion that 'home planets' like Manhattan and so forth shouldn't be able to be conquered. Their docking clamps can be destroyed (and looted) but otherwise it won't change loyalty to another faction other than Liberty Police.

• actually no
    our conquest system has nothing to do with stuff from other servers
    we released the first version of our conquest system 2 years ago as a backend feature (before other conquest systems were known), the frontend part however was never released as it turned out to be too complicated and resource intense

for CF2.0 the conquest system just got redesigned as a pure backend feature with ingame reference and crosslink with the clan bases feature (which also will not work like you might know from other servers -> we have a very modular design in mind for this feature)

We were also able to successfully test the new Roleplay system this week which allows us to get rid of almost all RP rules.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

We were also able to successfully test the new Roleplay system this week which allows us to get rid of almost all RP rules.

:thumbup:

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Hi, I have just recently got into CF in singleplayer and I was wondering, whether it is worth the time to play SP with 1.9 now, since 2.0 is coming out soon (hopefully). Will the saves from 1.9 be compatible with 2.0?

• Hello HAL9000, here is the answer to your question:

Quote from SWAT_OP-R8R

old savegames are compatible (we tested that in the past weeks) but since many missions got redesigned and improved its clearly worth playing the storyline again

(Taken from this thread -> http://www.swat-portal.com/php…&postID=352332#post352332)

- Wanderer -

• Huor has finished his work on the new launcher and as far i can tell it seems to be working.
    In the next few days our testers can take a closer look at the stability of the launcher but im quiet optimistic.

This means we can restart the online tests again and get this mod finished.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :00000436::00002485::00002508::00002485::00000436:

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• I just finished Crossfire 2.0 Campaign and I didn't know there were 2 endings? I can't tell what Ending I came through... Can someone tell me?