Posts by Locksley

Too cool :)

We'll see if I get around joining you all in multi-player after playing through the SP campaign.

Maybe CF online is unlike other MMO's? I always get disappointed in the loss of immersion when going multi player online; a hectic non RP environment always seem to take over :P Thus I play with myself... eh... alone..., nope that didn't sound better... Anywho! Playing single player games has so far been the most immerseion I have gotten but I hope that will change with Crossfire!

Happy CF2.0 release :zocken:

Happy happy!

If he is anything like me he will miss this with a few months and then get a slightly guilty feeling that one does not keep up to date in all the gazillion social networks one is part of :P

It's all right Skariah, it happens to the best of us!

Nicely put Franco.
    I have taken to the habit of checking the SWAT site several times a day, watching for that magical post "Release". 99% done on the server side; must be 99.92% now, getting closer.
    I haven't given up drinking but right now I am trying to keep a diet and do a couple of weeks of serious training so that is out for me too *sigh*.
    What I will do is to try to find some modding tutorials and/or manuals for the HUD interface. I want to know if alpha channel opaque is being used, and if so try my hand at re-designing the HUD a bit.

I am one of the "lucky" ones. I only discovered Crossfire some months ago and then 2.0 was very well on its way.
    Freelancer/Crossfire has a very nice feeling universe and background story that other space sims miss; and I recently thought about how much that actually matters for a game. The world it inhabits is paramount for long term pleasure - kama sutra for gaming.

Freelancers Forever!

Cool :D

Would you say that the "progress" bars on the main site should be a bit further along now? Story bar is still on 35% but it sure does sound further along when you write about it :zocken:

Thanks!

I have nothing against One ship to rule them all as long as there are viable play mechanics.

If we split the ship in three categories: 1. War ships with minimum cargo. 2. Intermediate; and 3. Cargoships.
    Then the Fighters can go everywhere, Intermediate can handle some fighting but the 3rd must trade in safe areas. And they should be safe.
    The more risk the bigger profit though.

I hope Crossfire is setup something like this :)

Well it will be an interesting playthrough whatever the situation!

Not enough questions :P

Before re-reading the manual (found online, still looking for my box) I understood that there is no possibility, even in Crossfire, to own multiple ships? I think that was something that was a bit...

Anyways, when playing the original I never ran with a pure merchant vessel because it felt the universe was full of pirates and not safe at all for traders.
    Q: How is it in Crossfire, are traders a bit safer or are piracy the main occupation for unemployed space-fares?

Chipp chipp

Hey hey :)

I almost started playing 1.9 too but I must stay calm and wait for 2.0 so I really can enjoy rediscovering Freelancer.

Cheerio!

I own it.
    If one decides to buy it should be really cheap. I paid about half the price and still feel it was a bit much compared to what you got.

It is a nice platform for future development but needs some heavy patching to bring interesting game mechanics and deeper game play before it will be "fun".
    There is so much missing that you will get frustrated. The menu system is not very well thought out - it is slowly getting better through new patches.

I have only put down about 70h into this, played it from 1.25 and now 1.30 but as I am wont to say "I don't trust it".

X-AP is a better game for empire building; actually you can't yet build an empire in X-Rebirth.

It got potential but it still has a very long way to go :(

Thanks all!

Checked out I-War 2 Torn Stars mod but sadly it is not more than in Beta state, latest one on ModDB.

I did a quick look here but did not see any topic for that in the forums, I-War that is.

I am browsing threads reaquatinting myself with Freelancer once again.
    I wonder where I put the box.... Darn it!

Thank you!
    I am slowly browsing the site. So much info to get my imagination going :)

I think I will have a look at the Masseffect forums to see if they have any nice links to good mods. I was thinking of replaying that (actually haven't finished part 2 yet because I wanted to top out on 1 to import the best character).

Truck on!

Hello everybody!
    Following orders from the Bot...
    Names Locksley; Robin Locksley. Half of it is entirely true, I wont say which.

I registered here because I wanted to know more about the progress of Crossfire2. Enjoyed Freelancer and am not enjoying X-Rebirth so I was hoping to get my space genes subdued by some nice modding.

Also waiting on Limit Theory, seems like a game right up my alley. Procedural gameworld and what not is just what entices me :D

Being part of a space sim community can never be bad so that was an other reason to join.

Hope to see allot more of ya all.

Cheers! :love: