Posts by HAL9000

Thx SWAT_OP-R8R and SilverFox it indeed was the auto hide option, but I don't remember switching the option on... strange. Anyways switching it off helped and everything works fine now.

Just an update on the behaviour of the auto hide: moving mouse to the top of the screen didn't work, but I figured out that the menu was still there but with 100% transparency. The buttons could still be pressed but couldn't be seen - see the second image.

Anyways, thanks for the quick and helpful response. :thumbsup:

Hi,

I'm playing 1.9 SP and somewhere during mission 7 of the original storyline I encountered a strange graphical bug. The menu in the upper part of the HUD (the maneuver menu) has suddenly gone missing. I've encountered a similar problem beefore on vanilla FL but only when loading a game saved on a station/planet. Then the top menu bar had clearly leaked out of the screen, so I always had to save on the dock/spaceport screen to be able to even lift off.
    However this current issue only ocurs while in space - check the attached image (the red caption is edited in to illustrate what I mean). Did I hit some bad key combination? I tried every key but nothing helps. Even older saves with the same char seem to be broken. Only when I start a game anew from the beginning the menu bar appears.

I play at 1650x1080 and I edited the inifiles according to Freelancer - Widescreen Gaming Wiki and some thread here on the forum, but still no sign of success.

Thanks for any help.

Hi, I have just recently got into CF in singleplayer and I was wondering, whether it is worth the time to play SP with 1.9 now, since 2.0 is coming out soon (hopefully). Will the saves from 1.9 be compatible with 2.0?