Crossfire 1.82

There are 382 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon (SA_Forlon).

• yeah sorry i meant its a dreadnought wreck ;)

what i find strange about that Nomad Gate in Dyson Sphere that it can be selected - and i guess thatswhy there is a connection drawn on the sirius map - one that actually does not exists. Same as for a connection between Omicron Alpha and Death Valley or a connection between Omicron Minor and one of the Dyson Spheres. (it has always been this way thus i fear its a side effect of something. Not that it disturbs - but i was looking for possible jumpholes yesterday and only found this strange hole in Dyson Sphere or others that are locked where the target it leads to is not known) << nothing to worry ;)

signature.png

• 1 1/2 weeks till release of the mod
    i need as many players online as possible during that time for the final tests, the server will run very stable but i need to test it under extreme conditions

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• About the mooring...

When mooring on Fort Bush (New York), the lady said to moor on Moor 10, and the train positioned itself, then the HUD normally vanishes for the docking sequence; the train then went in reverse, hit the station which messed with it's direction, but then it corrected itself and moved a bit more in reverse, then stopped - and it wouldn't dock to the end (switch to base interior, even after waiting for quite a while). Is this some sort of a glitch or do I have to wait like longer for it to catch on? Since people tell me it usually works, could it be just that mooring point?

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• fixed

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• From what I've seen, when undocking a planet via mooring fixture, there are three animations - reverse-and-left, forward-inside-mooring-fixture and forward-above-mooring-fixture. I might have missed one...

When undocking Kyushu from forward-inside-mooring-fixture, the ship sometimes either gets stuck(ish) before the mooring (it hits it) or inside the mooring fixture (you have to wiggle to get out, left and right and thrusters and cruise).

Also, there's one of those clan tag buoys inside Hokkaido, right next to Hokkaido -> New Tokyo gate. On it there's a symbol of SZ clan, I think. If you go to Sapporo Station and look toward Hokkaido-Tokyo gate, and hover over the clan-tag-buoy, it says "Independent Operators Consortium". (I have a screenshot at home, will post it later if necessary).

• there is just one single animation

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hm, but the train exits in three ways that i've counted... Dunno then. Still, that about Kyushu stands... I can check again later today, make screenies.

• Mainz Storage Facility in Frankfurt (Abbey class) isn't dockable by Soulforge Train - planet Stulingen is too close and the train can't get into position to moor - it smashes into Stulingen antmosphere. Possible solution: turn the entire station by 180°along it's Z-axis (vertical flip) - that would expose the mooring point toward pl. Holstein.
    swat-portal.com/forum/wcf/attachment/497/

Also, what I was talking about - Hokkaido clan buoy (pic from thursday).
    neb_walker3.png firefox 2012-02-09 10-18-50-06.jpg

• More like an old one

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• When undocking Kyushu from forward-inside-mooring-fixture, the ship sometimes either gets stuck(ish) before the mooring (it hits it) or inside the mooring fixture (you have to wiggle to get out, left and right and thrusters and cruise).

I agree, the same thing happen to me in Arena with KD, almost crash in atmosphere after undocking.few times i stayed parallel with planets...However I can not confirm or refute same behavior for others planets!

• Now Soulforge with stations...

I also noticed, with the Osiris, and others... that exiting the Arena planet makes you start from teh Inside of the Mooring, and makes you turn arround it, the Moor is put the other way, as you have to start from the Outside part of it, and get distant. So it only have to be turned arround 160º...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• A possible fix for mooring fixtures on planets (if possible and/or acceptable) is to make them etheral, i.e. that ships can always go through them (non-solid surface), but that they're still usable and visible... No-clip mode. :D

• The old docking sequence was much faster and much nicer than the new ugly slow one

EDIT: forgot to mention it's also very clumsy now, my train often positions itself facing the planet when it undocks I have to spend a minute to turn in around ^^

• nothing is perfect, capital ships and trains were never meant to be flyable
    if you use such heavy crafts then you should better accept the handling

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• some of you guys are never pleased with what is given to you to play with, right??? :)

I mean.. trains are docking in a slower way now.. well at least at some stations. but hey.. they werent even able to dock at such stations before, were they?
    so.. why not just accepting a slow docking sequence, than having less possibilities to trade with a train instead !?!?!

I personally think, its a great job, which has been done so far. and I appreciate it very much, to have more stations available, to be able to dock at, in order to make a bit more profit.

OK, some trades are not available anymore, but hey.. therefor are some others available, in a quite shorter distance and with NO 'tradelane distrupted'

so.. take it easy and handle with the conditions :)

thanks to you OP, for what you've done for the complaining players and also for all others who use the mod :thumbsup:

• @Abras

Ofc that OP performed fantastic job and triple hat off for everything he done and BIG hurray in additional, but as i remember he hailed for a feedback, so why again this high level of preaches.Do u really think that ppl who posted here have no skills to fly in a train under any circumstances?...com'n dude, on the other hand, it is OP's decision to fix this or to leave it as it is!

Abras...whatever Wrote:
    "thanks to you OP, for what you've done for the complaining players and also for all others who use the mod :thumbsup:"

so... "complaining players" by ur crapy definition are all ppl who spent so many hours in a game and at forum in order to help OP to make this game even more perfect?

ps
    one more demagogue :thumbdown:

and yes Hail to OP and to all ppl who tried to help, and Big thx to all who stayed aside!

Can u see now, how whole picture can be changed?

Greets 8).