Posts by Diablo

you only get positive rep with gmg2 when killing ancients

I'm well aware of how it works, but this is a 10 year old character.

The problem is with characters that already have the affiliation, not the lack of understanding or information.

It sucks to have to delete my character to get rid of a permanent affiliation which, I'm sure (and you can verify), was something unintentional in the mod.

Again, why not just add a depot or something (a bribe perhaps - though that would require a GMG2 faction empathy standing with another faction) to decrease GMG2 faction standing?

It's not allied with any other faction anyway, so it would affect the game in no bad way whatsoever.

How exactly was this fixed?

It's 2023 and I'm still stuck with the hidden GMG affiliation.

Can't you just add a depot to shoot down to decrease rep with them or something and be done with it?

It sucks to have to remake a character with 100s of hours invested just to get rid of it.

UPDATE: I managed to get the mod to install on my third try after I downloaded the 2.9 GB version from the "Versions" section of the mod website.

Maybe it's something to do with the 3.1 GB version that's downloadable through the big download icon.

The difference in file sizes between the two is considerable.

First of all - hey everyone. It's been a while. I recently came across some new CF PvP content on YouTube and I saw some old faces playing the game again, so it made me want to come back as well, at least for a while.

I installed Freelancer with the intention of playing MP.

I've been trying to install the CF mod via the new installer and I've been getting errors telling me the source files are corrupt during installation.

I've tried downloading the 3.1 GB zip file from the SWAT site twice now and both times I've been getting errors on the exact same files that needed to be written (starting from this "trentbody" file).

The first time I tried to set up custom installation by choosing vanilla options and the second time I just clicked "next" and chose the default "full installation".

Any idea what's going on and what to do?

Using Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Hey, guys.

So, since my usual download site, which shall remain unnamed, but we all know what it was (TPB), for Freelancer download has been offline for quite some time now, I'm looking for a solution secondary torrent solution.

Can anyone help me?

Post it here or pm (in case posting it is against terms of usage).

Thanks

Hey guys,

So, I'm in the process of buying a gaming laptop (don't ask me why, but it HAS to be a laptop).

I am prepared and planning to go as far as 1500€, and for that price the best hardware spec that also delivers decent look is these two:

1) Asus G752VT - 1500€ - i7 6700HQ (6MB), 8GB DDR4 2133MHz, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5
    2) MSI GT72 Dominator - 1500€ - i7 5700HQ (6MB), 8GB DDR4 2133MHz, GTX 970M 6GB GDDDR5 with an USB 3.1 Port

I looked into Alienware as well, but for this ammount of money I can get like 5500U and some medium crap GPU, just to get an awesomely designed and lighted laptop. I also read many reports saying the 2015 version overheats a lot for some reason.

Storage space is the same in both laptops, and I plan to upgrade memory with 1 more 8GB stick, so that's not an issue.

What I am curious to know about more is:

1. Is there a performance difference between the two CPUs (5700HQ broadwell and 6700HQ skylake) I should know about? Both are 14nm technology, cpuboss says that the skylake version has almost double memory bandwidth - how much is that an impact on performance? Does 5700HQ have smart cache? the 6700HQ also has lower clock speed, but higher GPU clock speed. Turbo clock (boost) speed is the same on both CPUs.
    2. I know the additional 3GB of VRAM won't really affect anything pre-2015 performance, but since I'm planning to play all games on 1080p and ultra settings, and some newer games can use more than 3GB, it might be an option worth exploring - comments on this please.
    3. Is there a difference in cooling capability for the CPU and GPU between these two laptops that would mean something to me? I read that the G752V Asus has an extremely good cooling for a laptop.
    4. Is there a major downside in access to more sensitive parts of the laptop for cleaning in either of these laptops?
    5. From what I can tell, the Asus has the option of upgrading to either a regular m.2 SSD or a PCI-E m.2 SSD with ultra high read speed (4-5x higher than the regular SSD), while the MSI can only fit regular m.2 SSD - please confirm this.

So, to conclude, what I want the most in the order of importance is:

1. Powerful CPU and GPU for plenty and stable FPS with ultra settings on 1080p (will not be using 4k),
    2. Good cooling of both CPU and GPU,
    3. Robust looks with lighting system.

Factors I don't really care much about:

a) removable battery - I almost never use the laptop without the battery, so not planning to buy an extra one
    b) other brands with same spec for lower price like Sager and Clevo, those are thin laptops with rather bad cooling from what I can tell and read,
    c) weight - the laptop is transported in a car (sometimes in a backpack - an original Msi or Asus, depending on which one I buy), not on my shoulder, so weight is not an issue, I realise gaming laptop like these won't be the weight of a feather ;)
    d) memory size - already explained above
    e) storage size - planning to upgrade with SSD anyway; if any of these had m.2 SSD storage, the price would go somewhat up, I will upgrade storage later on

Games I intend to play on it (mostly, but not exclusively):

Call of Duty FPS series
    Crossfire
    GTA V
    PES 201X
    Elder Scrolls
    Star Wars: Battlefront

I will update the original post as I come up with new facts and questions.

I appreciate any useful feedback You can provide,

P.S. Please, do NOT try to convince me it's not worth it, and to get a PC instead, it is NOT an option! Help me buy the best gaming laptop which the best CPU, GPU, cooling and cool look for max 1500€.

Diablo

I know... I don't understand why this faction cannot simply be added to the list and be treated like any other faction.

Or at least, add another variable to the faction, that by killing GMG2 ships during missions or simply by abandoning missions, your rep with them decreases enough so you can lose the affiliation.

As I understand it, atm it can only be increased, not decreased (which is what we all need), and even that only by killing Ancient drones.

I've had to recreate an entire account because of this, Denne as well, I'm sure there's many others.

you mean this is most likely an internet issue? i will try to mount another one on the same slot today and check what happens.

could it have anything to do with the fact i mounted 3 of the same missile type?

Right. So, I've been wanting to mount missiles to slots 2,4 and 5, and so I did.

When I checked my inventory after I did this, it showed slot 5 was empty.

I undocked to see what happened, and the missile was there in the hud list, I fired it normally, but VISUALLY - it was completely gone from the ship.

When I docked and rechecked, inventory still showed slot 5 as empty.

I undocked again, and this time it was REALLY GONE.

Puf, completely disappeared.

And, before someone asks, I DID NOT SELL IT BY MISTAKE.

What's going on? Is this slot bugged or something?

Ship is question is Lagg.

Diablo

wow, this thread was active when the server was still at version 1.7a; I still remember the mistyped title ("Lest") :D

the year when DC_Haegar last posted on the forum plus 9625