Found my old copy of the game on the laptop.
So, since my usual download site, which shall remain unnamed, but we all know what it was (TPB), for Freelancer download has been offline for quite some time now, I'm looking for a solution secondary torrent solution.
Can anyone help me?
Post it here or pm (in case posting it is against terms of usage).
So, I'm in the process of buying a gaming laptop (don't ask me why, but it HAS to be a laptop).
I am prepared and planning to go as far as 1500€, and for that price the best hardware spec that also delivers decent look is these two:
1) Asus G752VT - 1500€ - i7 6700HQ (6MB), 8GB DDR4 2133MHz, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5
2) MSI GT72 Dominator - 1500€ - i7 5700HQ (6MB), 8GB DDR4 2133MHz, GTX 970M 6GB GDDDR5 with an USB 3.1 Port
I looked into Alienware as well, but for this ammount of money I can get like 5500U and some medium crap GPU, just to get an awesomely designed and lighted laptop. I also read many reports saying the 2015 version overheats a lot for some reason.
Storage space is the same in both laptops, and I plan to upgrade memory with 1 more 8GB stick, so that's not an issue.
What I am curious to know about more is:
1. Is there a performance difference between the two CPUs (5700HQ broadwell and 6700HQ skylake) I should know about? Both are 14nm technology, cpuboss says that the skylake version has almost double memory bandwidth - how much is that an impact on performance? Does 5700HQ have smart cache? the 6700HQ also has lower clock speed, but higher GPU clock speed. Turbo clock (boost) speed is the same on both CPUs.
2. I know the additional 3GB of VRAM won't really affect anything pre-2015 performance, but since I'm planning to play all games on 1080p and ultra settings, and some newer games can use more than 3GB, it might be an option worth exploring - comments on this please.
3. Is there a difference in cooling capability for the CPU and GPU between these two laptops that would mean something to me? I read that the G752V Asus has an extremely good cooling for a laptop.
4. Is there a major downside in access to more sensitive parts of the laptop for cleaning in either of these laptops?
5. From what I can tell, the Asus has the option of upgrading to either a regular m.2 SSD or a PCI-E m.2 SSD with ultra high read speed (4-5x higher than the regular SSD), while the MSI can only fit regular m.2 SSD - please confirm this.
So, to conclude, what I want the most in the order of importance is:
1. Powerful CPU and GPU for plenty and stable FPS with ultra settings on 1080p (will not be using 4k),
2. Good cooling of both CPU and GPU,
3. Robust looks with lighting system.
Factors I don't really care much about:
a) removable battery - I almost never use the laptop without the battery, so not planning to buy an extra one
b) other brands with same spec for lower price like Sager and Clevo, those are thin laptops with rather bad cooling from what I can tell and read,
c) weight - the laptop is transported in a car (sometimes in a backpack - an original Msi or Asus, depending on which one I buy), not on my shoulder, so weight is not an issue, I realise gaming laptop like these won't be the weight of a feather
d) memory size - already explained above
e) storage size - planning to upgrade with SSD anyway; if any of these had m.2 SSD storage, the price would go somewhat up, I will upgrade storage later on
Games I intend to play on it (mostly, but not exclusively):
Call of Duty FPS series
Star Wars: Battlefront
I will update the original post as I come up with new facts and questions.
I appreciate any useful feedback You can provide,
P.S. Please, do NOT try to convince me it's not worth it, and to get a PC instead, it is NOT an option! Help me buy the best gaming laptop which the best CPU, GPU, cooling and cool look for max 1500€.
won by 6 minutes advantage? pro.
Cmon, tell us
I know... I don't understand why this faction cannot simply be added to the list and be treated like any other faction.
Or at least, add another variable to the faction, that by killing GMG2 ships during missions or simply by abandoning missions, your rep with them decreases enough so you can lose the affiliation.
As I understand it, atm it can only be increased, not decreased (which is what we all need), and even that only by killing Ancient drones.
I've had to recreate an entire account because of this, Denne as well, I'm sure there's many others.
you mean this is most likely an internet issue? i will try to mount another one on the same slot today and check what happens.
could it have anything to do with the fact i mounted 3 of the same missile type?
Right. So, I've been wanting to mount missiles to slots 2,4 and 5, and so I did.
When I checked my inventory after I did this, it showed slot 5 was empty.
I undocked to see what happened, and the missile was there in the hud list, I fired it normally, but VISUALLY - it was completely gone from the ship.
When I docked and rechecked, inventory still showed slot 5 as empty.
I undocked again, and this time it was REALLY GONE.
Puf, completely disappeared.
And, before someone asks, I DID NOT SELL IT BY MISTAKE.
What's going on? Is this slot bugged or something?
Ship is question is Lagg.
I'm on windows 7 64-bit and it often happens.
I resolve it by simply closing the launcher and starting it again, then it goes normally.
Also, sometimes it just takes the launcher a while to start the update.
wow, this thread was active when the server was still at version 1.7a; I still remember the mistyped title ("Lest")
the year when DC_Haegar last posted on the forum plus 9625
don't be so sure germany will win the cup...
brasil sucks and they should've been eliminated first by chile (were unlucky in penalty shoot-out), then by columbia (a clearly regular goal for columbia didn't stand) - beat croatia due to massive help from the hentai referee, drew with mexico and beat only poor disorderly cameroon in regular time fair and square
just because they suck doesn't mean germany will have it just as easy with argentina or netherlands
nothing, cause the lags from NPC and added effects are bad for pvp as it is
kaspersky and norton (and sometimes avg too) - gamer's worst enemy - i can't tell you how much trouble i've had removing those proggies and stopping them from removing my .exe-s (not just freelancer) - adding exclusions have absolutely no effect
atm i'm using MSE plus Malwarebytes, and I'm quite pleased
Damn it I must've been playing fake Freelancer all these years (2007-present)....
WHY NO1 TOLD ME!?
and if you want something looking like a normal mouse, go for razer imperator it's awesome
wouldn't it be better if we were?
what widescreen issue? im playing widescreen 16:9 (1600x900) res on my laptop without having to set up anything out of the ordinary