Crossfire 1.82

There are 382 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon (SA_Forlon).

• I fully can understand your concerns about the av probs and other issues atm. However i am not going to start working on CF again now.
    The SWAT Portal has priority atm and the work has to be finshed.
    So what is this thread about?
    End of july/beginning of august will have 2 weeks of free time. IF, and only if the work at SWAT has been finished might start to work on CF1.82
    Until that ALOT of work has to be done and just in case that its not finished till then ill spend those weeks working at the Portal instead.
    OK.
    CF1.82
    That version will not contain any new content. Its aimed just to solve the current problems and do some quality improvements.
    Priority is the stability of the mod, the reactivation of the sol encounters, minor changes on ships, the AV issue and fixed of imbalances.
    I am not that happy that it took 2 1/2 months before ppl reported to me that ppl dont trade on the server anymore and use an exploit -> dervon to make money. Such crap has to change.
    Especially since ppl previously reported that this problem causes some problems... maybe thats reason for many troubles. (dunno yet)
    but ok...
    the most serious issues have to be adressed
    tests have to be done
    and i will need help with the AV issue -> ppl with good pc knowledge or coding abilities
    it will be very hard to do fixes and there is no guarantee that it will work
    But like i said it... all that can only happen when the other work at the portal is finished

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I was trying to check the AV issue with the .dll files.... but can't assure nothin with the FL.exe one >_>

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• actually its the exe which is the problem, the dll files are just connected with it
    but this for sure is not the right place to discuss such a sensitive topic

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I am not that happy that it took 2 1/2 months before ppl reported to me that ppl dont trade on the server anymore and use an exploit -> dervon to make money.

I would venture that the reason that people did not report the dervon gun harvesting was that they did not think it was a bug or an exploit. Personally I thought it was a new way to make money you had introduced in 1.8. Especially since you had to voluntarily choose to give them a high value. So please do not hold that fact against the players, there was no way to know that was no intended.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• Killing NPCs and selling their pods to prisons was the past's good way to make $, with Ancients was the same way but with other drops... I wasn't interested in using that system as I'm not worryed about having lvl 90 chars just to show off, but neither thought about it as an exploit... even after noticing people making lvl 90 with that, you need some skills and training to survive there long enough :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• its very simple to resolve this issue.
    consider alien guns as smuggling
    why dontpirates go there and tax players??? and cops go there to watch weapons smuggling...
    I bet RP will be high in that place ^^

• As leader of the Silver Arrows, an organization dedicated to study and adapt these weapons for mankind's advantage, i advise against any "banning" of alien technologies. They are the key to mankind's survival against the aliens and are the main interest in scientific researches right now all around the colonies...

EDIT : i'm in favor of lowerign they value tho ^^

• I stopped trading because there is nowhere, with a reasonable return for the time/risks taken, to trade. Bring back the dynamic economy and we can then trade again. When we have traders, we have an element of roleplay back. I think trading to make a decent profit, at the moment using the existing dynamic economy, involves smuggling so plenty of opportunity for rp. It would be a bonus to have a non smuggling route or two so the police can make a honest crust and be attacked by pirates in the process. PVP costs money; as do events and clan recuitment, it is not all about getting to level 90.

• dynamic economy will not return anytime soon, its way too risky running it atm

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Could it be possible to switch the economy manually to another day without activating the dynamic economy? Maybe we will get lucky and it will be a day with more opportunities.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• it will stay offline

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Then everyone to Dervon ! :D jk concentrating on having fun is the most important part, even the ons who has fun being rich will have some issues ^^ Luckly I don't have those needs higher than other needs...

• back to topic?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• hmm, ok

These dangerous Gun hunting is not seen as exploid i agree with previous speakers. Also i can´t agree more with Dark Raven - it would be the most perfect place to RP.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Some poor pirates have started taxing in Dervon.....hard to find players on any old trade routes!....and since no dynamic economy....we have to go where there seems to be monies. If this is an exploit....then I'm sorry to have any participation. If theres no other place to tax....what else am I supposed to do?

Sorry if I went off topic........and especially if my views do not cooncide with what OP was trying to accomplish.

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• IMHO the most important change for CF 1.82 is the AV issue. I know we're losing new players because of this. I wish I knew how to help fix the EXE?

Also, the mod doesn't really need any new content it's massive already. :)

• IMHO the most important change for CF 1.82 is the AV issue. I know we're losing new players because of this.

Afterall, if there are no ppl who install the CF mod for the virus alert, there will be no ppl visiting the finished SWAT. (Except the few ones who passes over the false virus alert) As a virus for people who have no idea about modding or computers are really scared about thoe alerts, as they just know: virus = PC destroyed/bank account hacked, etc. But also the Portal serves for many other games... then there will be visitors in any way ^^ Then Portal > CF :S

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• Ive no idea how to fix the AV problem yet, thats why i need as much help as possible

next to that ive been playing around with some of the ships while the portal was offline one week ago (after i got bored creating new ships for nexus)
    ive kept the blueish base color just like on the CF1.81 ships and applied some plate type look

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,