Crossfire Saves [Campaign]

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ILIYAN.

• Hi all,
    I took the liberty of creating these saved games with fully equipped Very Heavy Fighters (VHFs) for those who want to experience the Crossfire Mod at its fullest, by starting with the Original Campaign or those who just want to skip it altogether and start directly with the Crossfire Campaign.
    The reason for fully equipping a VHF so early on in the FL Campaign is because some people might want to enjoy playing it through once again with the modifications of the CF mod and because right after it, begins the CF Campaign in which you can't allow yourself to go astray of the path and buy whatever you want so that you won't crash it due to the fact that as we all know -> it's an Unofficial Expansion, which is also another reason for creating a save that starts directly with the CF Campaign in a fully equipped VHF for those who just want to skip the Original Campaign.

Information regarding the saved games:

Starting Point:

- Freelancer Campaign [Planet. Pittsburg right after Mission 1]

- Crossfire Campaign [Newark Station -> Instead of pl. Manhattan due to...technical difficulties]

- Credits [2,000,000,000]

- Good, could always be better though.

(For more, see: Reputation - SWAT Portal)

Fighters [Choice]:

- Geko

- Raptor

- Saracen <3 (Forever)

- Saber

- Shroud

- Predator

- Quasar

- Chimera

UPDATED Download Link includes these as well:
    - Abraxas
    - Archangel
    - Basilisk -> I remember it was someone's favorite VHF, I think it was Ajay's.

- Black Eagle -> For someone who wants to feel it in 'vanilla style' and NO WAY in HELL am I getting Spiky's gay Pink Eagle.

- Deimos & Redemption -> Couldn't get the x2 more alien weapons for the CF Campaign because the NPCs weren't spawning, so you have 6 Coalition Gattlings & 6 PPCs, or you could just mix them with the 4 alien weapons that you have, or if you really love those ships you can play through the whole FL Campaign (which isn't that long when you skip the Storyline with selling the Escape Pods at the prisons).
    - Elite Defender
    - Fatality
    - Freedom X-Interceptor
    - Griffin
    - Mirage

- SF18 Arrow
    - Titus
    - Warblade

- Wizard

Weaponry Available:

Guns:

- Coalition Gattling

- Phoenix Project Cannon

- W'ar-Sy Propulsor

- Kelyrd-Ray Projector

- Thor'hon Cannon

- Nomad Energy Cannon

- Nomad Energy Blaster

- Dom Kavash Annihilator

Missiles:

- Nemesis Missile Launcher

- Cataclysm Missile Launcher

- Paralyzer Missile Launcher

Cruise Disruptors:

- Mosquito Cruise Disruptor

- Hornet Cruise Disruptor

Torpedo Launchers:

- Sunslayer Torpedo Launcher

- Starkiller Torpedo Launcher

Mines:

- Revelation Mine Dropper

Upgrades:

- Everything is at maximum

____________________________________________________________________________

Best Loadout:

Refire Rate -> Shots fired per second

3.03 -> Higher damage points, but less shots

8.33 -> Lower damage points, but more shots

-> It's a Law in Physics that Speed beats Strength

8.33 Refire Rate guns are new in the CF mod, we used 3.03 in the past for both PvP & PvE. We use nowadays 8.33 Refire Rate guns (such as Coalition Gattlings & W'ar-Sy Propulsor for both PvE & PvP) and you can rarely see people using guns with 3.03 Refire Rate anymore. HOWEVER, this doesn't mean that the guns with 3.03 Refire Rate are obsolete, not at all... it depends on the person with which is comfortable.

- Guns with Refire Rate of 8.33 (Coalition Gattling / W'ar-Sy Propulsor / Kelyrd-Ray Projector) => Could be used fully or mixed

- Guns with Refire Rate of 3.03 (Phoenix Project Cannon / Thor'hon Cannon / Nomad Energy Cannon / Dom Kavash Annihilator) => Could be used fully or mixed

If guns with 8.33 Refire Rate are mixed with those of 3.03, you will have an UNBALANCED loadout. Either use full 8.33 (or mixture of 8.33 guns) or same with 3.03 & 3.03.

Which means:

- Use weapons only with the same Refire Rate, because if you have a mixture of different Refire Rates, that will be an unbalanced loadout.

PS: The reason for writing these things that we already know, is for any newcomers (so don't be alarmed, lol).

DOWNLOAD [BACKUP]:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1epm64yk8isnvtkcsa3fimpyrgj8mzeof

DOWNLOAD [UPDATED]
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t5wthbbg-n9g3semn3bunrwybapkf4zx

- Enjoy and have fun.

Files

Edited 6 times, last by ILIYAN ().

• Well conceived idea and well done!

This should be of great help to many, whether new players or old-timers who want to do a run-through again with better ships and gear. It's helpful for some folks who are about to start the Lost Fleet story, too.

I think I'll do another (I finished a new new run-through of the Crossfire Campaign with one of the ships I haven't tried out yet, since your hard work and dedication have made it easily possible.

Thanks for putting all of the time and effort into this!

• Thank you guys, I really appreciate it.

Yeah, I wanted to have two saves which are maxed out that I can do the both (FL/CF) Campaigns and even while I was reading these old and new posts of new players that were posting regarding the campaign, I've decided to share them here in the community, because I am not a guy who likes to keep things to himself, so I understand that they will indeed come in handy for both new and old players.

I was also wondering if I should have gotten the Redemption ship too (because of its 6 guns loadout), so if anyone doesn't like the ship's choices, you can let me know which VHF you want and I'll get it for you and make a save with it.

• worth putting it into the filebase maybe?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Nice job Iliyan.

I'm about to do a 6 hour Air Flight back to Oz. This could keep me entertained, well, for part of the trip, while the battery lasts. :)

Damn... why didn't I think of that when I flew. :/ ... well, have a nice flight, wombat! ;)

And wow, thanks OP. If you really plan on uploading it though, I may get more VHFs, so perhaps you can wait until I upload the new zip with the more ships (your call really).

• you can also upload stuff to the filebase

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Oh... right, lol.

Alright, I just made myself a coffee and will get a few more ships and then going to upload the new file there (and also here on the first post) ;)

Shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours I guess, because I gotta farm x2 more weapons in the IC for the Redemption, but you'll know when I am ready because I am gonna post here too.

• Updated the first post, gonna upload it in the FileBase sometime tomorrow though.

PS: I couldn't attach the new file here because the limit is 5MB and the new file is 8,6MB, so just download it from my Google Drive.

PS2: Those ASF/CSF ships (Wizard / Fatality) are a thing of beauty.

Edited once, last by ILIYAN ().