CF2.0 New Hongkong to Inner Core by Hypergate: Access Denied

There are 48 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wombat1940.

• Yes, from there you can get to other sectors.

There is another way to Inner Core in Omega-3, but you must visit Dervon system before you can use it.

I don't want to spoil all details for you, just explore and you'll find everything yourself :)

Well i dont want to get all direction directly, but understand that am fr my english is not perfect, and time to time there are some thing that i cant just get at all. :/

Alright so dublin from there i can acess all other system, thats the only thing i needed to know, thanks !

Warning! Possible Spoiler.

swat-portal.com/forum/wcf/attachment/11330/

Hey seems noice but my eyes dont like it lol too small.

Yeah big spoil not for me but thanks anyway. ^^

• GREAT!!! The great thing about CF2.0 is the searching and exploring a System, without spoilers. I've deleted my layout map in my post which has removed it from your post.

If you really get stuck in a System go here and pick the Sector, then the System your after and have a look at the map.

Edited 3 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• I just tested the Coalition Hypergate this morning, everything is working just perfect. This is a char that has never been in the IC, so that explains the incomplete map.

Very interesting. The Hypergate also looks sick like mine, but works for you. Has this char completed the gameplay as Trent and as a consequence destroyed the Hypergate to the Inner Core in New Hongkong as required?

The other point is I don't want to introduce a new char. I want to know why my char is being denied access. Personally I think it because he's been every where, done everything which includes destroying the gate previously.

But, thanks for the input.

I will also checkout that Open SP option.

Thanks.

Edited once, last by wombat1940 ().

• Thanks for that map, will be helpfull in time !

• Very interesting. The Hypergate also looks sick like mine, but works for you. Has this char completed the gameplay as Trent and as a consequence destroyed the Hypergate to the Inner Core in New Hongkong as required?

Well, this char is MP. It never did a mission as Trent. Sorry if I misunderstood that you were also in MP.

• Well, this char is MP. It never did a mission as Trent. Sorry if I misunderstood that you were also in MP.

No problem about MP. However I do think because your Char never did a Trent mission the Hypergate from Hongkong to Inner Core has remained open ….. maybe.

It hasn't been destroyed .…..

Or maybe with MP, the gate is never closed …… maybe …… ;)

In my case:

I only fly SP.

My game is tweeked so that I don't have any enemies. Even "friends" (neutral) with the Nomads.

I am total unarmed.

I fly in GOD mode. Protects me in minefields, etc.

My role (self-selected ;)) is to explore and record what I find on CF2.0 System Maps which are then uploaded to WIKI.

My WIKI maps (eg. Dublin) only contain essential information and are approved by a Moderator here at this forum before being uploaded to WIKI. The process is incomplete in regard to all Systems in CF2.0 as yet, but its on-going. In my own case I have maps with far more information (eg. scale, priority clan, dangers, base identification, etc). We don't include these items on the uploaded WIKI maps. They would just act as spoilers.

It is a strange role, but suits my passive beliefs, love of all living things and ....................... my age (79years).^^

Edited 5 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• I've flown to Hongkong in Open SP hoping it might allow me to access the Inner Core Warp Gate. But it didn't.:(

I think because I'm still the same pilot (I only have one) that destroyed the gate as Trent. I think if I generated a new pilot, with no connection with my current one, I'd be allowed to access the gate. And that's ok. The gate is available to some and not to others, depending on each pilots past history.

The one-way jump remains on my universal CF2.0 map, but with an appropriate note about possible limitations.

• Imo the problem is corruption of yours saves which happened long time age (various reasons, but I think it is most likely due use of autosaves). Playing from start with new char and finishing CF campaign should let things working correctly (unless autosave are/will be used). You know that I tested that jump (after I finished SP Campaign) and it was working. Autosaves (especially) contain messed code which there should be not at all, and it can permanently disalow proper functioning of Open SP.

• Imo the problem is corruption of yours saves which happened long time age (various reasons, but I think it is most likely due use of autosaves). Playing from start with new char and finishing CF campaign should let things working correctly (unless autosave are/will be used). You know that I tested that jump (after I finished SP Campaign) and it was working. Autosaves (especially) contain messed code which there should be not at all, and it can permanently disalow proper functioning of Open SP.

Thanks for that. Yes, there could be problems specific only to me.

However I've no intent to confirm it by ….. quote: "Playing from start with new char and finishing the CF campaign …….. ". with the possibility of further problems if …… quote: " ….…. autosave are to or will be used".

Its just not worth it. :daddeln:  :pfeifen:

Plus, others could be in the same position as me (ie. "Access Denied") due to whatever. It doesn't matter what the reason. It remains for such a pilot (ie. Char): "Access Denied".

And we move on accordingly …….. UNLESS there is a simple fix. But that's for others here at the forum to address, if its to be addressed at all. Its not in my parcel of skills, even a 79 years of age. ;)

• playing the last mission in theory should be enough.

One of the final triggers unlock the conditions which prevent this gate to be used.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• open sp in the option, no more gate that stay close, at least for me and for the moment.

No …… I've tried the gate in Open SP but no good. They'll start closing if you play the Campaign. They have to or the Campaign will not work.

Have you got through Dublin yet and into the S*l Sector ? ;)

Edited once, last by wombat1940 ().

• playing the last mission in theory should be enough.

One of the final triggers unlock the conditions which prevent this gate to be used.

Thanks OP.

It looks as though the last mission is Mission 43 and take place in the Inner Core System with a B'ship flying into the Black Hole (I think).

Is there a way for me to only play the last mission?

Thanks.

Edited 2 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• wombat1940

the game does game saves at many points along the way ( tbese are not auto saves ) and should be baggage free.

The last or second last game save should give you a second go at the final mission without having to do the whole story again.

Also note that if you select Open Single Player in the launcher you need to commence a new game in OSP, to test anything.

Loading an old save from another game where you have done the mission that game is still a mission game and not OSP.

:) :) good flying mate :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• wombat1940

the game does game saves at many points along the way ( tbese are not auto saves ) and should be baggage free.

The last or second last game save should give you a second go at the final mission without having to do the whole story again.

This is very interesting. Thank you. Where are these non-auto saves, saved? I've looked in Crossfire2.0 > CF2.0Singleplayer Saves folder, but there are only my saves and autosaves in there going back to 2016.

• Also note that if you select Open Single Player in the launcher you need to commence a new game in OSP, to test anything.

Loading an old save from another game where you have done the mission that game is still a mission game and not OSP.

Sorry, I've no wish to generate a new Char just to get through the gate. But I understand, in this case, the difficulty I face to get my Char through the gate. However I accept that ......... Just generates a new challenge for me. ^^

• This is very interesting. Thank you. Where are these non-auto saves, saved? I've looked in Crossfire2.0 > CF2.0Singleplayer Saves folder, but there are only my saves and autosaves in there going back to 2016.

ok.First an auto save is a save that occurs automatically every time you quit the game, it is renewed that is overwritten every exit, there is only ever one auto save, when you restart from that singular exiting auto save upon restart that is the save that can give you a bug in your play.

A game save is one that you do before exiting or the game itself does, which you would call a mission save, these saves should give you safe restarts to do a replay or backtrack to redo a mission. :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Sorry, I've no wish to generate a new Char just to get through the gate. But I understand, in this case, the difficulty I face to get my Char through the gate. However I accept that ......... Just generates a new challenge for me. ^^

You want to check if the hyper gate is working in OSP, make sure you are in god mode, start an Open Single Player game after settings have been set in the launcher, fly to new Hong kong in your Starflier and try out the hyper gate.iT sould work in OSP because OSP has no mission parameters involved. :) :) After that wether you keep the cha or not is up to you. You do not even need to save it, if you don't want it. :) :) Just dont forget to reset the launcher when you finish your test, before returning to your other original cha. :) :)

• ok.First an auto save is a save that occurs automatically every time you quit the game, it is renewed that is overwritten every exit, there is only ever one auto save, when you restart from that singular exiting auto save upon restart that is the save that can give you a bug in your play.

A game save is one that you do before exiting or the game itself does, which you would call a mission save, these saves should give you safe restarts to do a replay or backtrack to redo a mission. :) :)

Fantastic!!! Thanks. I have always understood about autosaves (there being only one at anyone time) and personal saves made by myself at anytime in the game (Campaign or OSP), BUT new nothing about corrupted restarted autosaves when restarting AFTER first closing. I never make a personal save when closing. Always used the autosave.

No wonder my OSP is corrupted!!!