Games you are playing or enjoyed playing lately (except FL/CF)

There are 286 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ajay.

• I did (My previous avatar was an unpacking Siege Breaker), but only SP and not this year.
    In fact, I more or less like Starcraft II, all three parts. Wings of Liberty has fun storyline if you ran all missions, as well as fun characters and interesting missions (later Blizzard reused some mission concepts for HotS and LotV). Heart of the Swarm has nice touches to the gameplay and Evolution missions, as well as some storyline parts (also confirming Resurrection IV mission for Broodwar as canon) and fun missions (e.g. "Shoot The Messenger"). Legacy of the Void has Alarak. Well, that, and Blizzard had the guts to off Zeratul to show that SHIT JUST GOT REAL. Aside from that most LotV missions are timed (and I hate timed missions, unless they are epic last stands). I disliked the epilogue from the second mission on. Kerrigan goes Daemon Prince Xel'Naga after all she's done? Flak this. I might be biased against Kerrigan, but still. Flak this with Flakvierling 38.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited 4 times, last by Ajay ().

• Starcraft II brought e-sports into the mainstream. It was much better when it was mostly underground playing Halo and Counter Strike 1.6

What followed was games like Overwatch, Rocket League and League of Legends. All of a sudden "Everyone is a pro-gamer." So every time i talk to someone who says "yeah, i play video games" "What do you play?" "LoL and Rocket League..." "have you heard of (fantastic underrated game 1, epic indie game 2, classic FPS 3)" "oh yeah, those games suck..."

Makes me wanna slap a muthaffffffff.....person

• Electronic Arts did the same to C&C Tiberian Dawn, C&C Red Alert and C&C 2 Tiberian Sun. If anything the Command & Conquer series as a whole is one of the roots of the Real Time Strategy genre. Unfortunately a while after EA bought Westwood, they killed the franchise. They did manage to release Generals (which was essentially a different game, but not a bad one, I think Generals and its expansion pack Zero Hour have fun SP), then Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath expansion pack (both are amazing games with interesting storylines and nice gameplay), then Red Alert 3 and Uprising (Fun games if anything). But then they released Tiberian Twilight which, gameplay wise had even less in common with C&C series than Generals. Since then, the C&C series might well be a write off.
    Overall Command & Conquer series were notable for:
    -Live action cutscenes. EA kept that shtick. Westwood did that mostly because they couldn't afford CGI. The only game where it was used was C&C Renegade the FPS.
    -High quality soundtrack. Westwood gave this task to Frank Klepacki. What he made was a masterpiece. Tracks like "Act On Instinct" and "Hell March" became main themes for Tiberium and Red Alert series respectively. When franchise was bought by EA, Frank Klepacki left for Petroglyph, but C&C still had good OST. Red Alert 3 still had him back for a couple of tracks: Hell March 3 and Uprising Soviet Combat Theme.
    -Gameplay. The C&C style gameplay actually predates C&C, MCVs, Construction Yards and Harvesters first appeared in Dune II. The sidebar was also an amazing addition; you could watch the battle and reinforcement production at the same time. Tiberian Sun allowed to queue production and relocate MCVs. Red Alert 2 separated production of base defenses from other buildings, split unit tab into Infantry and Vehicles and introduced support powers and tech buildings. C&C3 added build zone extenders and multiple production queues, and further split Vehicles tab into surface vehicles and aircraft.

• CnC series are great games, but I hate the low camera in Tiberium Wars and Red Alert 3 and further :thumbdown:
    (In previous games one could see a significantly bigger part of the battle.)

E.g. Red Alert 2 vs Red Alert 3:

Or Tiberian Sun vs Tiberium Wars:

This spoilt the gameplay a lot (in my opinion)... Couldn't bear more than the first few missions :(

• BTW, that RA2 screenie, Soviet second-to-last campaign mission? :D
    Also, did you try The New Experience for TW? As I remember you could scroll the camera pretty far away, though it works much better for close-up views (better used for making good screenies and videos).

• I do remember this particular mission, though. Especially this:

Also this reminded me of a Soviet 4 mission from Yuri's Revenge, a mission where you needed to break through a defense fortified by Psychic Towers. I used the following nuances:
    -Harvester units are immune to mind control.
    -Soviet harvester unit, the War Miner, has a weapon, self-repair and enough HP to win a 1v1 fight with a Lasher Tank (Yuri's MBT). Moar liek WAAAAGH Miner, amirite?
    -For the situation where their armor was insufficient (garrisoned Initiates are a nightmare), I had Iron Curtain available.
    Actually what I should have used was

• <p>

So don't pull turns so hard. You turn quicker when you reduce throttle. It will reduce the risk of a blackout as well as help you out maneuver the enemy players. I have played a few hours of War Thunder myself. It's a grinder, isn't it?

</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Yeah, but you'll still blackout if youre in a a6m, they really turn hard man. works better with things like my ki-87.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>yeah warthunder is a bit grindy. but its better with a premium account. which i bought. as well as several premium planes. all of which i probably shouldnt have lol.</p>

• why all your message in swat portal have the "<p>" and "</p>"

Dark is my blackness

• Well, since we're on the topic of FPS...
    >.>
    <.<
    Call Of Duty 2. Soviet campaign in particular. Other campaigns are also fun, but M91/30 and PPSh-41 have become my fav guns in there. The former has good iron sights, the latter has the highest ammo capacity among the handheld weapons in the game (71 round drum mag, IRL drum mags were unpopular due to the weight and jammings), but also has rate of fire to match.
    My other favorite guns are Bren LMG and BAR, but they were rare, I even edited the game (to be specific, I increased the number of max rounds and amount of rounds that was dropped off for these two guns) so I could get plenty of ammo. Pity the devs didn't include DP LMG, though.

Edited once, last by Ajay ().

• Panzer General 3D - I like the alternativ history scenarios (and I am glad that these scenarios were happened only in the game)

If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen! :-)

• Ive Doom on my mobile phone.

Whenever I have to wait for something I turn the volume louder and watch how the ppl around me react.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yeah i've been playing GTA Online. Can't stand playing with more than a few people in a game. You kill someone once because they got in your way and now they won't stop killing you and you can't get anything done

• Because I like the good old times, I download a C64-emulator years ago.
    So, I play "The Last Ninja" and "The Last Ninja 2" from time to time :-)
    But my favourite C64-games are "Knights of Legend" and "Windwalker" (both games are from Origin Systems)

• Last year got hooked up by Heroes of Might and Magic V, with both addons. My favorite points were:
    -The Inferno campaign of the original, because it had fun storyline.
    -The Necropolis campaign of the original, since its protagonist Markal has a weird sense of humor (well, what would you expect from a necromancer?) and an amazing trait (any neutral Necropolis creep automatically joins his army instead of deciding whether to join, run or fight).
    -The Castle campaign of the Hammers of the North.
    -The Dwarven campaign of the Hammers of the North. Apparently having a sense of humor is a prerequisite of any leading character of HoMMV (Unless that character is Ylaya from the following Dungeon campaign). Also, Dorfs have bear cavalry and probably the best T1 troops.
    -The Necropolis campaign of Tribes of the East. Having a weird sense of humor, however, HAS to be a prerequisite for any necromancer. The last mission however is a fustercluck.
    -The Fortress campaign of Tribes of the East, at least some of the missions.
    -The Academy campaign of Tribes of the East. Grand finale, protagonist Zehir being a sarcastic badass, fun missions and epic last battle.

Still I like the gameplay of Tribes of the East more, since it had added:
    Some more secondary traits, such as Road to War (when your hero wins a fight it gets bonus movement points) or Rapid Firing Ballista (Your ballista gets an additional shot - with researched Ballista trait and Ring of Machine Affinity equipped it can shoot four times)
    An alternative upgrade to troops. For example, Liches (Necropolis T5 troops, AoE ranged attack and some debuff spells) can be upgraded to either old Archliches (additional debuff spell) or Master Liches (Ranged attack lost area of effect and exchanged most of their debuffs for Raise Dead spell). Some alt upgrades are plain better than the others). This was tiptoed upon in Hammers of the North where the Castle faction had alternate line-up.
    Caravans. You could remotely requisition troops from the dwelling you captured to be delivered to your town, or requisition troops from another town, so you didn't have to run from one dwelling into another. Was introduced in HotN (actually reintroduced, it's been there since HoMMIV).

• On my tablet I play "Pet Rescue Saga"! It is very good.

On PC I also like to play "Bejeweled Twist".
    4 years ago I planned to make some help-videos for this game. But I made only one video :-)