crossfire 2.0

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Franco428.

• Easy ...

they are already finishing it

and

it will be done, ... when its done :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Thank you all for your reply,

My reason for Asking is that When Star citizen comes out , I feel The Designer fro Crossfire 2 will loose interest,

That's why I was hopping fro earlier release (been a freelancer Crossfire FAN)

• we have 0 interest in star citizen actually

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Truer word were never spoken - or written! :D

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Well...we all know your opinions on Star Citizen end Chris.. which is fine. But here is the thing do...
    I,m not sure u guys understand how many eyes are watching your progress in SC community. Believe it or not there is a loth of people planing to play your MOD
    Spatially MP....Also ...Space community is big end is not evolve around just freelancer but every Space sim. out there. People talk. People share end guess what...
    A great game is not just pretty Graphics or nice ships... is also great attitude end atmosphere providing people with good fun ..cause the end of the day... if you provide that you will have not 11 people average..but a lot more..
    so ... can we just be positive end have fun ?...

Edited once, last by Zee: speling ().

• Is it possible to start the crossfire campaign from an original saved game, or is it necessary to replay the whole campaign to reach the crossfire missions?

• it can be started from a vanilla savegame but i would not be willing to guarantee that everything works as intended

and about the star citizen topic i just want to say the following:
    I am currently absolutely not interested in that game. I am not willing to jump on that hype-train and i personally have my doubts about the entire game project and the way it is done.
    However, i am aware that people are waiting for both, Crossfire and Star Citizen.
    IF that game is going to be released, playable and successful I am even willing to re-think my position towards this game and would even allow a SWAT game section if the members want that.
    But until that point (which is pretty much when it will be released)I dont want to waste my valueable time with that hype. It only costs time, work and valueable resources which could be used elsewhere.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Great attitude = Great community

Thx for the respond OP.. it means a lot to many
    Now ....lets finish the mod...cant wait to start play it...speaking of which... i send u a PM with a little surprise..
    Unfortunately they dont have SUR end no Hard points but i,m sure that wont be a problem for you guys...if you like them Ofc.

Thx again

• Star Citizen is a two edged blade as it stands now. Roberts did some amazing games in the past and takes credits for providing help in the development of some other great games (like Freelancer itself) but there were as well some more or less catastrophic projects. I'm still curious though as modern technology applied in the right way could massively improve gameplay on space sims. But you're right, OP. The way it's been hyped over the last months is mildly said: concerning. Normally such a hype means the game will either be a total failure, bugged beyond measure and completely unfinished on release or it will be candidate for game of the year. At least that applies to AAA games backed by large publishers like EA, Ubisoft and co. but there has never been an independent kickstarterproject hyped to this degree so there is basically no way to indicate which way Star Citizen will take.
    Either way, even if it comes in an unfinished state it will be a massive competitor to CF as there are not many comparable games still played and still functioning on modern systems and I do believe, from the way Star Citizen has been showcased so far, that it will be comparable to CF in terms of online gameplay and there are a lot of people out here hungering for fancy graphics and propper physics even if it's not needed to make a good space sim. That's not a bad thing in general as, if we are all honest, the genre badly needs more attention and the way this attention is gained these days is through fancy graphics, pathetic as it may be. And the reason why attention is so important is simple - even a great game like CF is no fun to play if there is none around to play with because nobody knows of it's existance.
    I myself came here simply because Star Citizen made me hot again for space sims, so I did some reseach about what is available right now and eventually found this. And if Star Citizen happens to be successfull in the end and in a playable state unlike X -Rebirth for example it eventually will gain even more attention and as Freelancer is highly related to Chris Roberts and discussed in Star Citizen Forums more people will know about Crossfire as it is sure to mentioned as high quality mod or even unofficial addon to FL.
    And if it happens to be unsuccessfull diasappointed people might start looking for alternatives out of frustration and eventually end up here.
    Either way, keep up the great work as I do believe more and more people will start playing CF simply because the genre gets a lot more attention then during the last 5 years or so. And all because of Star Citizen (for good or bad we don't know yet ^^). CF needs more playes and it truly deserves more attention. :love:

• There is one word for that....Advertisement

You can make the best game ever..but if no one knows about it ..it dont make any difference.
    Is Star Citizen going to fail ?...that is remain to be seen...but sure they know how to get peoples attention
    Truly SF is the best mod there is ..but out side of MODDB no one is heard of it . Trust me i play a lot of games..spatially MMOs end honestly there are not many
    that even heard of Freelancer not to mention Crossfire.
    BUT...OP...There is 300000+ people in SC that are super hip to play Space sim atm...end there is a nice section for FL end MODs on there forums....so a nice little video of CF2.0 can fill your sever in no time...just saing ;)

Edited once, last by Zee: ss ().

• I dont have time for that.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• To the SWAT Portal Team

Is it too late to Ask if You Could Include a RUSSIAN System (New Moscow)
    With Russian Tank Ships (Re inforced Steel of course)
    With Russian Commodities
    With Russian Mafia Missions
    And Russian Accent when Docking

Just a request if of course Possible...

Jacques

• *Rolls eyes and points to: Sovetskaya system, Basilisk, and missions on Coalition Rogues bases*

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".