Questions, suggestions for CF 2.0

There are 350 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by maishaf74.

• What colors are possible/available ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• i think Nuc dont ask for chat color...color player list for diferent RP licence on ship if that is posible.

• Yeah ! Not the chat color, when you type/send a message.

I ask "only" for the list that shows up, when you hit "Y". That you can see there who sports what licence.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• dont you think that people would try to avoid RP if they know that in the next system is a guy which would hunt them down?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• coloring of the people in the chat history is excluded. I dont have a single clue how to interfere into this kind of code! The only stuff i could try to aim for is making the chat color in system channel or private channel colored based on the license. Everything else i would write down the list for Crossfire 10.0 :D

signature.png

• Huor
    Then perhaps just an "indexing" letter or other kind of sign.

@OP
    No, you can try to avoid the guy, who know you know might wants to RP you,
    what I would consider already as RP, and/or get "prepared" (best defense : ATTACK) for it,
    but you can't avoid it, since the other guy IS alraedy after your butt :D .
    IMHO

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• dont you think that people would try to avoid RP if they know that in the next system is a guy which would hunt them down?

... people who learned to look around usually are not surprised because they check what is going on around them often. But for new players it can be big help (and also for ppl searching help or someone with same RP to do something together or opposite RP to find and fight him). Next to that if someone will rly want avoid RP, he will do this no matter if is list colored or not (imo).

• We first have to deal with the RP fleeing issues and the exact moment a chase gets to be a "RP Case" in which yo ucan't flee. Since fleeing from RP by switching out or so, is already against the rules.

Having colored chat text on system channel depending your RP would be lovely though, less common than white, but all the RP colors should be light color versions. Like this instead of this. Just slight changes from that white, to not confuse it with other stuff. I wonder if ASF and CSF licenses would have their own colors too ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• ahm - i can interfere into the chat messages being sent. Adding a letter or two or three isnt that much of a matter. Doing it in the list of players visible in the chat history is out of my knowledge. I dont have that much time to try to reveal it. What i can offer is to color the text being sent in the system channel - what also should have an impact on the color of the chat history. Or adding a letter or two or three to a chat message which also should have an impact on the chat history.

The players list is at the moment untouchable by me. And the time invested here for getting this clear could already have been used to implement it - just sayin^^ No offence pls!

signature.png

• Another fine addition for the Hook would be, same as how you can use /s for the system channel, and /g for the group one, a /1 , /2, /ID Nr for sending it to the player of that certain ID. It gets usseful when you speak with more ppl at once or when you are flying/in combat and not up to start the private channels list, search the guy between 30 players, send the text, search the other guy, etc...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Cool, but if it works out, make sure it says a warning message of "Player not found." or something like that in case you send it to the wrong ID, a no longer used ID or such.

• Fast reply will be fine. eg /r

Also PM via Server to SWAT-Portal. To make Swat as a central place for msg.

________________-

• Heard a rumor that it will be possible to change player names in CF 2.0. Please confirm =)

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Ajay: this feature is prepared already :) (Big thx to Huor :) )

• FLAKKING GR8!!!
    Another question: battleships are seriously shaken by gunfire, even Windstalker missile hit can turn them to 60 grads, and collision with Startracker can turn the battleship from the course. Will this be fixed, or they are supposed to be such unstable?

• It might be interesting, if in the game there are to find special devices, (guns, shields, scanners etc.* ... only a little better than the standard ones) following clues.

Or also gain them (like special Navy expensive prototype) as a reward for special merit (after special difficult missions, high number of kill ...).

* Expecially something as the shipwreck of a famous lost Bounty Hunter, that had special equipment built in a single copy (or 2, or 4, for guns), is not known how or where, at his request.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now that I think about it, could be an --------- HORRIBLE !!!!!!! ------------- misunderstanding !!!
    My "Bbbbbrrrrrrrrr" was a shudder of disgust, of course !!!

NASA space-walk manual, page one, section 2b:

• About equipment: How about to create alien wrecks with alien technology in dom's conquered space (Venn, Jormdar, Ryssk, so on...), or in Dervon, or in unknowns? Savage powergen, for example :) Or, for instance, Dom'Setek Shield generator that is cooler than Adv Champ. Or Dom'Kavash armor upgrade (110% of armor, but adding mass as Armor Class 5).

Edited once, last by Ajay: something wrong ().