Flyable Ships - And asorted questions

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ajay.

• Hi guys, I looked but could not find a thread that discussed or mentioned what ship types that were around that you could and couldn't fly for Crossfire. I found an old list for the original game but obviously that won't be correct since with this mod you can fly battleships for example. If there is such a list on here please refer me to it and I'll delete this thread as it will be considered as clutter.

I was wondering if the ship types such as destroyer, cruiser and carrier were player flyable ships or not. Also if they aren't are there any plans for them to be so? If there aren't again, why not as they would be a good middle ground between fighters and battleships.

Edit: Ok as soon as I post this damn thread i find one answering my questions and I have no idea how on Terra I missed it. Looking for delete option for this thread.

Edited once, last by HaydenJD: More questions. ().

• That is exactly what I found after starting this thread lol, I didn't know what the name meant until I clicked it out of curiosity. Thanks though!

• Actually can anyone post locations or PM me with them for cruisers, destroyers and carriers please? I can't find them and it's taking me all my time looking so i'd like to start making money so i can actually buy them.

• Thanks again guys, I didn't know about that site and it's very helpful indeed! I don't want to start a new thread for another question so I hope you guys can answer here but where is Orillion? I went to New Berlin but can't find him and I checked the planet New Berlin along with the Order Shipyard, is he in another station/planet or is this maybe bugged or something for me?

• That site Mac posted is outdate already, since it's from an older version than the current one, it still gives some help, but there are these new Battleships/capital ships where you can't find much info on them there, apparently there are some names though.

And Orillion, in the first Crossfire Singleplayer mission ? Anyway, make sure you do NOT buy anything bigger than a fighter/freighter before you finish the campaign, since later on, you won't be able to do anything with capital ships so you'd have to sell them.

Well, try reloading from a freelancer mission save (made by a mission, not you) and try again, he should be in the bar of New Berlin, if he's not, it means you skipped some trade lanes or something, you have to take exactly the path the waypoints show, else the script, which is linear, may stop at the first thing you missed, so you wouldn't see anything beyond it.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Ah thank you, just wanted it confirmed that he was supposed to be there and there is something up with my save or something. I'll try what you suggested.

• just gona hijack your thread for a quicky,

any idea if you get your credits back if you sell a more expensive ship to buy a cheaper one? or are they lost?

• yes but in FL if u buy ship for 100 crdits u can sell that ship for 33 credits and if new ship cost 10 credits u gain back 23 credits.

99,1 % sure for that info.

• I fear little this do not work for bigger ships like are BSs (if i remember right for those you receive only 1/10 purchasing price) ... or is there given max limit (5?M).

Mak: you can easily (and safe) check this when you enter ship shop and try select new ship for buy ... after you transfer equipment to new ship, you can compare ship price (actual) with declared one. ... But be sure you will cancel buy operation after this :)

• battleships in CF are different, they are set to give less money when being sold

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I am afraid I am off-topic... If I am - nevermind this post.
    Can we get any Coalition heavy ship? (From gunboat to BS or smt like).
    I can guess thats is not a Coalition's way to allow a side-person ride such a ships (because somebody can spy a tech from it), but anyway - they r awesome.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Yeah, many of them are awesome and would be cool to pilot them, but most of them are not made to be pilotable by players, but by NPCs. Same as those ASF and CSF special ships arround X3043 and such... they are awesome and would even be a good motivation for the ASF vs CSF human battles (by us, players, where this already exists), but still, it was too hard or, complicated to add them, and the requests got denied.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Yeah, many of them are awesome and would be cool to pilot them, but most of them are not made to be pilotable by players, but by NPCs. Same as those ASF and CSF special ships arround X3043 and such... they are awesome and would even be a good motivation for the ASF vs CSF human battles (by us, players, where this already exists), but still, it was too hard or, complicated to add them, and the requests got denied.

Well, thats sad :( I wished to fly something like Kurgan gunboat... Well, that was just a minor wish (the same as wish to fly a Nomad Strike Carrier ;) ), so I think I can live with it.

• I had in mind to give players temporary access to some special ships during new campaign missions.
    I just dont know how to switch back to the original ship after these missions.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It'd be possible to return to a predefined ship, like the Anubis, or whatever other ship would be the normal one to have by that level.

• yes, that is possible... but not exactly what i want

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I just dont know how to switch back to the original ship after these missions.

Yes. That would be hard. But whats about this idea:

Main Protagonist (M.P. for short) gets imprisoned by somebody (Coalition Rogues, or a Coalition Traitors, or DK, or some other aliens), but somehow manages to sneak/break from the prison and escapes on such a special ship. In this reason, M.P. must escape and land on a mission waypoint. And because he lost his ship, he gets a default ship with default package from Juni/Orillion/Coalition High Command(if they're still frendlies)/some other frendlies.

I saw such a concept in a not-well-known Russian SP mod. During the quest, M.P's ship was stolen and he got just a "lifeboat"