Genesis - A new beginning

There are 153 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gibbon.

• DOWNLOAD GENESIS 1.0 HERE: Genesis 1.0 OSP download - Mod DB

I said i wouldn't do another one, i really did. After my last project stalled due to me getting older and more forgetful, and adding things that i'd forgotten i'd added, in turn screwing everything up, i said no, no way, not again. Even took a break from the game... Time passed.

So here we are again, only this time, i thought i'd wait until it's almost ready before i say anything. Starting with a nice fresh code base, i've removed every encounter and patrol path in the game and put new encounters and patrol paths in, ones that actually work and make sense. You will see correct factions docking where they should be docking and ships flying to where they should be flying and so on.

Activated a number of unused vanilla factions and got missions working with all of them including the nomads.

Added giant planets everywhere, and giant suns to try and give a sense of scale to the systems. Put back many missing items that were supposed to be in the code like the rings round the gas giants in New Tokyo etc.

There are a few new factions like the Simian Trade Federation, Razids and others which will be familiar from other mods i've written.

What sets this one apart are lots of unused effects that have been dormant since day one of Freelancer which now make an appearance as either weapons, engine, thruster or anything else i can think up.

Major features added

- All planets and suns resized and made much larger to give a sense of scale
    - New systems - Omicron Minor, Tohoku, Alaska can now be accessed - more planned
    - Black and silver interface added - Maverick
    - HD replacement starspheres - Hunor - Köszönöm szépen :)
    - New Trent textures - Hunor
    - New HD textures for all asteroid models by Gibbon
    - Brand new icons for everything in game - Gibbon
    - New tradelanes - JSNCalif - Rebuilt by Gibbon
    - Custom jumpholes - Cheese On Toast
    - New Menu screens - Ruppetthemuppet - used with permission & modified to taste by Gibbon
    - New Menu screen - Chips - modified to taste by Gibbon
    - New realistic lighting for all the systems
    - New encounters for all the systems. All original encounters and patrol paths have been removed with new ones added
    - New weapons available and others updated
    - New commodities to trade and new places to trade them
    - Fully working dynamic economy (Multiplayer ONLY)
    - Simulated dynamic economy (Open Single Player ONLY)
    - New factions added and some of the original ones have returned
    - New music for all the pirate bars - Marc Pullen & Mortice
    - Aldebaran's Plastic Surgery Kit - Aldebaran
    - 16 new engine effects - Gibbon
    - Battleship encounters
    - Widescreen support
    - Various tools, hacks and enhancements - Adoxa

On top of that we have, 55 new ships of which 47 are flyable with most factions getting their own ship and freighter on top of the ships already in the game

Some more screenies

SHIPS LIST

• 3DHeaven - Banzaimaru
    • 3DRT - Addanc
    • 3DRT - Denizen
    • 3DRT - Narwahl
    • 3DRT - Nimrod
    • 3DRT - Platypus
    • 3DRT - Stinger
    • 3DRT - Peccary
    • 3DRT - Boar
    • 3DRT - Warthog
    • 3DRT - Razorback
    • AngryFly - Beetle Freighter
    • AngryFly - Typhoon
    • Astral Prime Studios - Cougar
    • Astral Prime Studios - Coyote
    • Astral Prime Studios - Hornet
    • Astral Prime Studios - Hyena
    • Astral Prime Studios - Jackal
    • Astral Prime Studios - Starviper
    • Awts0c - Zorg
    • Digital Anvil - Samurai - Flyable original model
    • Digital Anvil - Starblazer - Flyable original model
    • Digital Anvil - Defender II - Flyable original model
    • Digital Anvil - CSV - Flyable original model
    • Digital Anvil - Megatrain - (Original unused model)
    • Fuzzball - Cerberus Battleship
    • Godzero - Firefly 'Serenity' Freighter
    • Griff - Pirate Gunboat
    • Griff - Pirate Cruiser
    • JSNCalif - Scarab Freighter (Large & Small)
    • JSNCalif - Colugo
    • JSNCalif - Goliath
    • JSNCalif - DeLorean Admin Ship - modified model & textures by Gibbon
    • Kasida - CTE Liberty paint scheme
    • LordFjord - Liberty Gunboat
    • Mancer - Hayabusa
    • Mancer - Bloodhound II
    • Mancer - Mule II
    • Mancer - Rhino II
    • Mancer - Sabretooth
    • Mancer - Wolfhound II
    • Mancer - Valkyrie II
    • Mhonolog(noire) - Border Worlds camouflage paintscheme
    • Panther X - Hellhound - from mknote's ship pack
    • Panther X - Hatamoto - from mknote's ship pack
    • Panther X - Konoe Shidan - from mknote's ship pack
    • Rimshot - Waran Freighter
    • Scarecrow - Razid Space Creature
    • SolCommand - Hippo Freighter - Made from the 'Vandal' modular ship pack for the Genesis mod
    • SolCommand - Hippo Freighter GLX - Made from the 'Vandal' modular ship pack for the Genesis mod
    • SolCommand - Hippo Freighter Deluxe - Made from the 'Vandal' modular ship pack for the Genesis mod
    • SolCommand - Hippo Interceptor - Made from the 'Vandal' modular ship pack for the Genesis mod
    • SolCommand - Hippo Invader - Made from the 'Vandal' modular ship pack for the Genesis mod
    • SolCommand - Hippo Intruder - Made from the 'Vandal' modular ship pack for the Genesis mod
    • SolCommand - Hippo Fleut - Made from the 'Vandal' modular ship pack for the Genesis mod
    • SolCommand - Mae Arae Freighter
    • SolCommand - Simian Cruiser - (retextured Ghost cruiser)
    • SolCommand - Sleeper Ship
    • Yedan - Serafina Freighter

All of the above are subject to change, that said they've been in the mod from day one and it's highly unlikely i will change them as they all work well

Best viewed on the YouTube site in HD and fullscreen ;D

• looks like you had hell of a job doing all this
    good work

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thanks. Been working on it non stop since December last year and i'm surprised how much i've managed to do on my own. The good news is it's not in direct competition with Crossfire as it's well, different which is all that matters really. The universe according to Gibbon ROFL. Used a few models from SolCommand including his sleeper ship which randomly appears in various systems, catch it if you can, will hide something nice on it if you can bring it down. It's also HUGE! Of more interest is the work of Hunor, a Hungarian modder who has made a complete set of HD textures for all the starspheres, and they are really lovely. Will keep you all updated

• WoW, starting to read about remaking all the encounter paths to be login was already amazed... a universe that makes sense is very hard to find :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• @ Vardek

Well i managed to break that mod. Not actually sure what i did to it tbh, it's not the ELITE ships i know that. A string of random crashes just drove me nuts. I actually suspect they were sur file related which makes them very hard to track down and i ran out of patience. Still have the code and i might try and sort it all out at a later date. Things like that are always an issue when you work alone.

It's much easier to tidy up vanilla and sort that mess out atm, least i'm nearly done with the whole thing now. Originally started as a minor update to vanilla but it has just ballooned out of control now, but thankfully nice and stable. Been exceedingly anal about bug fixing this time round. As soon as one is found, off i go and fix it and this method has been much more productive for me this time round

• good job, quad-truiple thumps up!!!

"It is not death I fear, it is the death of my aggressor I fear I have not achieved."

• @ Duck_Dodgers

It's not finished yet, close but not quite ready. Currently testing :)

On a side note i find it a bit weird how many of you are interested in this considering you have a perfectly good mod to play on here in the guise of Crossfire. Saying that, all support very much appreciated

• a bit variety does not hurt

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Finally we will have some real choice except Coca cola and Pepsi cola (CF and Disco)

Bad analogy, since there are ppl who do actually prefer Pepsi (Me)

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Yeah, bad analogy, Cola is everywhere and famous/popular, while it's less healthy than Pepsi as it has extra substances with secondary effects...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• O·º This went off topic... still, what he meant is that CF and Disco are 2 different things :D
    -->Off topic:
    Dunno about that, I knew about "pepsina" and caffeine.
    And Pepsi doesn't have "pepsina" lol

Dunno how pepsina is said in english probably pepsine :rolleyes: