Freelancer 2

There are 118 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Night-Hunter.

• @ OP,
    Great work m8, looks well lush.
    " Do it "
    " Create it "
    " Mod it "
    " Release it "
    " Love it "

As for a new name........Crossfire 2 "Continium"..I like the sound of that. ;)

As for having the feature to build stations and have robot traders, trading for you, like the X Universe,
    that sounds good, but may be difficult to code with Freelancer, If it can be done using a different engine
    then that would open up all new possibilities for trading and indeed mining alike.
    But i will leave that to you Mod Gods out there. ;)

As things look so far, very impressed indeed.

Cygna

• Michael: Nightvision will work in space.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• @ OP...Very impressive! Something to look forward too after CF 2.0 is finished. Temp name? I like either Lancer's Dream or Dreamlancer, just something to be a place holder for now.

Again, very impressive work m8!

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• how can somebody help who has no frickin' idea of how modding works, or creating things or whatever is needed to succeed Crossfire2.0? Pls need input^^
    (i'd like to help, but dunno how :/ )

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• how can somebody help who has no frickin' idea of how modding works, or creating things or whatever is needed to succeed Crossfire2.0? Pls need input^^
    (i'd like to help, but dunno how :/ )

Here is your opportunity to learn a new skill. Seriously.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I can "teach" you how to model :D Well in SketchUp, the easiest way to do it :P And if you have time and creativity, you can do wonders. Trust me on that :D

• I've tried to art many times and still have no skills... And become to the usual game mapper, trigger and plot editor in "what you see - what you get" game interfaces like Serious Editor, Warcraft Editor etc... With no styling (or design, dunno what the correct word for this).

So, I can argue with that...

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• All my models that were for continuum were done in sketchup pro 8 :D. From the simplest to the most complex one.

• lol...

The first thing I did with Sketchup (ketchup = ?? rlly? ) was a kind of super battleship... or mothership O.o Never finished the details of that one.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Well there are tons of tools that can ease the job on details, but ofc details are better done by your own hand.

• i do

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• 2 words say it all: Absolutely Incredible! The detail is so precise and beautiful...absolutely amazing work! :D

• Holy crap!!

Congratulations, my very first post on this forum is to tell you my jaw about hit the keyboard this morning when after getting an update on the SpaceX Dragon capsule's trip to the ISS, I come here and see this incredible tech demo for "Freelancer 2" start up.....I have to admit I was hoping like hell there had been some kind of Digital Anvil deal I never heard about tucked away and revealing itself now, but considering how excellent Crossfire is already, I am just as happy to hear it's a (early) WIP that I really hope you can make something out of it OP!

If it gets to the point where you could seriously have a commercial product on your hands, now is the perfect time to launch a Kickstarter as was already mentioned, interest in indie games that can fill niches the big devs are ignoring (and Space Trading and Combat sims is probablly the biggest) is huge right now, and you can easily raise a bundle to hire veteran coders and writers to flesh your project out.

Best of luck!