Freelancer 2

There are 118 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Night-Hunter.

• woot! ... very nice! :thumbsup:

• Nice to see the Psionic fighter in action. I released a ship pack featuring that fighter years ago with repaints from a skinning competition he ran.

Hmm, that ship is the Deathblade from Crossfire with Warblade that looks quite the same but different stats, with a Green retextured version of it as Shadowblade, quite many years ago as well... grats if they were yours :D OP gave credits to everyone needed in the main readme.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Just to clarify Micahel. The Psionic ship was released by Psionic years ago, it was all part of a skinning competition he ran on his site. I originally did a ship pack of his repaints way back in 2007. The ship pack is downloadable here on the Portal amongst many others. Anyone could convert the original 3DS model into any format they wished. I've lost count how many mods use that ship. It wouldn't surprise me if OP converted it himself way back when, all i'm saying is that model is not a custom creation for Crossfire. I can even tell you who made the textures as i have the originals in front of me :P

• Yeah, just saying ^^ (that they are also in Crossfire, not only this experimental engine, as you said it's nice to see that ship in action).

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• AWESOME WORK!! I must say finally some new graphics on FL and I hope new gameplay, feeling, action! But (don't act bichy please when I say this) don't call it FL 2...
    Cause Freelancer is a product of microsoft, if you would just let it by Crossfire 2, this would be way better cause then we know it's OP's work. Whatever nice done! I hope you wont cancel this like they did with FL 2 xD :)

:bevilplan:

• to answer the questions
    ... yes new engine (as in "its not FL")
    ... yes ship from the psyonic ship pack (which is part of CF AND also was released as standalone by gibbon)
    ... the physics are the way we create them
    ->in this example the hangar doors of the station have a gravitational pull which make the ships land when in range
    -> aside from this there is currently a inertia calculation

since this is only a very early tech demo i can not say more about how it will be in the end
    maybe we will go after newtonian phsyics... maybe not
    maybe we will just recreate the Freelancer universe as it is... maybe we create something that is just based on it but with different environment (different is not necessarily bad)

atm i can only say... this is a tech demo (one that community members could already test)
    there is much work to do if we want to turn this project into real
    since we are still working on CF2.0 (yes i called it FL2 already so lets call this new game FL3 or FL2.1 or find a completly new lancer name) i wont have much time to push this new project... this is actually something we can work on in 2013
    I hope to get other freelancer modders interested in this as the huge amount of work is clearly impossible to do alone (or with just a small team). I already got some people which want to work with me ( so the 3d models from the continuum mod are now being used for "FL2/3")
    And to be honest this project is also a matter of money... we can not do all the work alone... we have to rely on the work of others and obtain licences and code. This is unavoidable if we want to make progress.
    I dont want to say that we are facing tons of problems... but this for sure is a very challenging project and its not one that we can finish in just a few months.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yeah... i was thinking about this idea

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Awesome work as usual OP! Definitely looking forward to more information as it comes about this. This could finally be a true successor to Freelancer yet.

Why not just call it Galaxylancer?

Set it in a universe where you can explore far beyond the Milky Way and it's star systems, like visiting the other Dom's star systems in the the Triangulum, Andromeda, Large & Small Magellanic Cloud galaxies and maybe even the Sculptor galaxy.

This would mean many many many, star systems that would have to be created though. ;):thumbup:

Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

• so the 3d models from the continuum mod are now being used for "FL2/3"

But how is Continuum going?

Edit: sorry, currently reading news at moodb... Finally there is something up-to-date. :thumbup:

• continuum is no SWAT / TLR project anymore

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yes I noticed that from comments... Sad news actually. :(

• hmmmm

$101,035
    pledged of $150,000 goal
    37hours to go

This project will only be funded if at least $150,000 is pledged by Tuesday May 8, 11:47pm EDT.

Starlight inception looked cool, and looks hard for it to make it.

• ....W....O....W.... This just looks.... No comment :D i wan't to play it NAO! Effects look amazing... Really looking forward to see what's going to happen with this one... Amazing.

Don't judge a ship by the number of it's guns, but by the skill of it's crew.

• Indeed the work OP has done it's amazing. I hope we will manage to gather enough members into it's development.

And regarding Continuum, well yeah since I was the only member left... :|. But still all the existing resources (as OP specified) are shifted towards the new Freelancer game :D

• Yes I noticed that from comments... Sad news actually. :(

its actually even a bit worse

its about that this LordMalacath suddenly appeared and is telling at TSP that Synkron (dave.synk) me are resposible for the mods failure
    which is not true as we couldnt even do something as we were not even allowed to see the mod

and then there is still the issue where the moddb page that i created was simply taken away from me without asking or informing me
    + a few copyright issues which are to be dealt with

this LordMalacath is a real hero... which came to save the project... because we were not able to... maybe we didnt have enough skill
    seriously... my opinion about people which appear and start badmouthing others is not the highest
    and i personally doubt that any of the old continuum modders signed an eula or other contracts (like LordMalacath claimed) to allow him to use all that continuum materials

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• hmm "Lord" and "Malacath", sounds like an arrogant madman only by the name O.o

• the name is nothing that concerns me about this guy
    it bothers me more that i talked with this guy over skype telling him about FL2 while this guy didnt say a single word about continuum and that he has taken over that project
    im not a big fan of people which try to fool me and that he is now posting conversation logs at TSP does not make it better

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Now we are the ones who are badmouthing.

Anyway, I was really astonished by some models from Continuum, now looking forward to seeing them in Freelancer 2.

You say it has a new engine... Does this refer to sound too? Will we finally have 44 kHz? Or even 3D sound, maybe programmed for OpenAL?
    If it is far too early for such questions, just say what plans you already have for the sound, if any.