PX Ban clarification

There are 46 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Griffin.

• As Ive got a bunch of PMs since yesterday and there are several requests for information and clarifications done on other boards Ill say a few words about this incident.

After several months of troubles the entire PX clan got banned from the server.
    Was it really necessary to ban them?
    No.
    I also had the option to keep watching these conflicts until the server is completely dead, which would just have been a matter of time. In the same way the intensity of these conflicts increased the player amount on the server dropped in the past weeks.
    Well its being said that its best to get unpleasant things over and done with.

Since PX is one of the largest clans on the server... if not the largest... it means that we have lost a noticeable amount of players.
    However, I am sure this loss will get compensated once we finally return to a friendly community environment where the players play together and not against each other anymore.
    The first steps to re-establish a fair RP environment are being made in the next few days aswell as the support of the remaining CSF clans has already started.
    I see this unpleasant event as a chance and not a problem.

Was it necessary to ban all PX?
    I also have to answer with a "no".
    It was not necessary but with the current amount of information it was a logical step. Right now it is not possible for me to do individual judgement.
    I might be wrong but I believe not that all PX share the same views and are responsible for what has happened during the past months. Individual judgement will be considered once requested by these players.

What has lead to this decision?
    Puhh, where to start?
    - war like conflicts
    - unreasonable ultimatums
    - broken RP rules
    - false accusations
    - disturbing events
    - the try to ruin other players reputation
    - broken server rules
    - undermining and ignoring the admin decisions combined with smartass answers
    - DWs secret wish to replace me as admin
    All in all PX does not appear to be a clan that cares about nothing but PX itself.
    Personally I have real problems with clans which tell their members not to play together with other players or even to stay away from the SWAT community (both has happened).
    Just alone this year I had to spend 2-3 weeks investigating with all these issues and spending my time on the server or reading tons of logs and PMs because of all this crap.
    Time that couldnt be used to do anything constructive.... just because a few people think that they have the most important clan on the server.

This chapter is over now.
    PX got more than enough warnings and for sure more than enough time to do changes.
    If they think otherwise they just should think back a few weeks how much time they have granted to the absent BG leader.
    You know... life is like a pendulum.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I really donno the real situation around PX, their "moles" around and degrading behaviour on server, but I can say for sure - I`m really sorry about they gone. Again, my opinion got only from my point of view, my personal links to PX command and their members. But if OP said that it was logical step, I really disappointed. Me, as many other ppl - I`m sure - have no idea about real things that going on within PX, BG and CFPD. Also, logical step is to make a normal atmosphere in community. So, Admin`s decision is final. With no exceptions.

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• Maxbur: Well mate, at what's "going on within PX, BG and CFPD", these clans are not all what's related to this decision. There were several more clans in middle of this, and the last one wasn't even from police RP, and targeting at just the 2 known by you wouldn't be fair. And DC is not excluded from this "group", but in the past.

Indeed, Admin's decision is final, and I hope everyone remembers that now.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• For entertainment purposes I suggest checking PX forums to see Daywalker posting his lies, crying and pretending to be some sort of invincible person and his clan "being too powerful for this game".

Lawl

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• insults, flames and even worse behaviour.... these guys show their true face now. They entire way they act is disgusting.
    And of course everyone else is responsible. It was about time to show them where their limits are.

Leave these guys alone with their illusions.
    They are not worth further troubles.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• In response to the thread on PX forum.

"The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    "As I walk through the valley of the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley"

Leave these guys alone with their illusions.

illusions... damn that's an entire different world there at their reply of this Clarification thread. Though it has some errors, like being better with missiles than with guns(where it's normally the opposite way unless, some situations at training or... an easier way), or the 120 Bill credits... well, as OP said, nevermind that...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• consider it a distorted point of view

e.g. one week ago DW blamed me for harassing his clan by taking away T-Rex fighter and replacing it with a worse version of that ship in their clan system
    (his point of view)
    Truth is that I really edited that ship more than one year ago when I released CF1.8... just like 73 other ships in order to balance the game.
    For him my job as mod creator to balance the ships (while the T-Rex was totally overpowered during that time) was an attack on PX.
    No word about that all other clans also had to live with the ship balancing that I did.
    No word about me allowing them to move their clan system 2 times because of this incident.
    No word about me even adding another ship that they requested into their system with the CF1.9 release.
    No word about all that... just "the evil OP has done this and that... bla bla"
    Daywalker has a talent for leaving out important details when he presents his story.

It is always nice to spend countless of hours creating and providing a game just to be treaten like that.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Right, as last example which was closer to me. The deception shown on Redemption's rebalance (from Tarsus system), was not shown by CFPD members, but by outsiders who were using it, and it was more of a try to find a ship with 6 class 10 guns (for gunners) as advanced as other normal outfit fighters rather than complaining for a single ship.

• Wow... I expected anything but not this... still a little shocked and confused by these news...

I still rememer the PX conflict with UR, especially with Dino. From my perspective, that conflict has almost destroyed this clan (UR). At least I see them much rarely than early days... They done many things what I and some of my clan members are not agree with, but we didn't knew that this problem is much deeper...

For entertainment purposes I suggest checking PX forums

I'm reading it right now... They could left with more dignity, IMO...

SWAT_OP-R8R:
    Then it was inevitable. Power corrupts sometimes... Only questions was: where and how that bomb will explode.

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• just to through a wrench in this whole thing i decided to add my opinion with some of this PX-CF drama

granted i did not comment on the PX ban situation, however i did comment on their hackusations of Cro

a post on the PX by me explains it

• Unfortunately i had the chance to read some more spamming annoying shits out there, and seen how much mud can be trown on both sides, it's a bit sad, personaly i had chance to hear out loud both sides, mates who didn't share the same point of view, on TS some was doing same "police are dogs", officer mates same "PX are dogs meant to destroy everything", and so on...

Indeed i know for sure that server logg somehow it is almighty and for sure OP had the chance to know for sure who tryed to modify shits, hack, crash,script etc etc, and i somehow want to believe was a good reason to get them out.

Haters gonna hate, hackers or shitheads will do what they know better, it's a bit lame cus this game somehow it was suposed to be a easy one, i mean wtf it is Freelancer not something that you need to script or have idk what magic aim or magic strafe.

It's sad seeing ppl manipulating a game so they can lag, so they can script, maybe some to actualy pass that almighty server anti hack, there's nothing like impossible even on CF... never been anywhere not in the MMORPGs i used to play, i've seen enough bot type cheats , enough auto targets, enough scripts, enough payed monthly cheats which was updating from chronicle to chronicle, oh even those payed cheats i've seen them cracked by other smart guys:D

Again, it is sad, a simple game, simple rules combined with some players who thinks personal RL issues must be taken even in a game, if you're a thief a policeman a shithead in RL doesn't mean you have to act same on a forum, in a game, in a comunity...

Best regards and sry if i used worthless speech for some ppl who won't ever be able to understand.

Fuck fame, fuck awards,fuck happy music,
    The world is a fool tool
    We have to use it!
    [CFPD]Az/\zel,[CFPD]Az/\zel-[ASF],[CFPD]Admiral-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Red.Star-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Store-Az/\zel

• It's sad seeing ppl manipulating a game so they can lag, so they can script, maybe some to actualy pass that almighty server anti hack, there's nothing like impossible even on CF... never been anywhere not in the MMORPGs i used to play, i've seen enough bot type cheats , enough auto targets, enough scripts, enough payed monthly cheats which was updating from chronicle to chronicle, oh even those payed cheats i've seen them cracked by other smart guys

so your saying neither party cheats?

from what i gather of this paragraph, because you've been around the Multiplayer hacking world for a long enough time to say these guys aren't cheating?

i'm not saying you cheat now or have in the past (whether you have is your business and i recommend keeping that past private. it can cause problems...) but from what you have witnessed in various MMORPGs that DW or any of the people claiming they or another player hacking would be 7/10ths false (because there are ways to bypass the anti-cheat...not that i know how nor do i intend to want to know)

• I meant that it is indeed very possible for ppl to have succesfull hacks on CF, i don't hide anything:) I'm not special on CF, just a medium player:D maybe less:)

Fuck fame, fuck awards,fuck happy music,
    The world is a fool tool
    We have to use it!
    [CFPD]Az/\zel,[CFPD]Az/\zel-[ASF],[CFPD]Admiral-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Red.Star-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Store-Az/\zel

• @PE: He says that there are no "impossible" things, and totally said that there were cheats... you got it the opposite way.

Edit: spylegs posted in teh same minute :D

• Great: Now I have 3 CFPD officers not understanding one another.....time to break out the universal translator

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• just to clarify that
    the CF anticheat has logged every try to cheat. Most kinds of cheats lead to automatic cheat kicks or teleportation to pittsburgh where the player is trapped until the cheat is getting deactivated.
    Preventing the cheats clearly had bigger priority than punishments.
    If i can prevent that a person can cheat i do not need to ban him for a failed try. -> that is more healthy for the server environment

The cheats which dont get automatically blocked by the server are at least logged and I take care of these incidents manually.
    Since the introduction of CF1.9 EVERY cheat has been logged without any exception.

PX posted a video about Cro making claims that he cheated on that vid.
    PX did not come to me with that vid nor did they involve the serverpolice. They did this shit behind our back... which is a violation of server rules.
    The Serverpolice and Administration never got the chance to check if their claims are true or not before they appeared on the PX site.
    They act as prosecutor, judge and executioner in one person.

It also played no big role that when this video was posted by cro himself here on the portal, nobody... really nobody was able to see a cheat on it.
    Even my investigations showed that nothing was logged by the anticheat.
    Furthermore it needs to be mentioned that PX claimed that Cro used cheats to target cloaked ships on the server just a few days before this incident.
    It were members of several other CF clans which proved Cro did not cheat in this case aswell. It was just normal that normal that missiles could hit cloaked ships if they were selected before.

This entire crap situation is because of PX making false accusations. Even worse actually... they do not stop them eventhough they were proved wrong.
    And that is clear harassment and violation of at least 4 existing server rules.
    Ive asked them to stop it which they have refused.
    Result was constant attacks on DSC, false accusations, disturbing the server events and alot of other crap that happened since that.

It will not happen that I allow a clan to act in such a way. PX got more than enough warnings and Ive showed much more patience than I usually would.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Gunny: Well, there was just 1, the other 2 were in sync, so it's not a reason for breaking anything yet.

Edited once, last by /V\ichael: . ().