Crossfire 1.8 Roleplay

There are 32 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Tyrael.

• In the past months ive seen many suggestions about RP... many ideas and even the SPs had a meeting about this topic.

After all that ive seen there has been close to no result yet - something that i expected knowing that everybody has a different imagination of roleplay.

Actually if we talk about RP then we have to face a few facts first.
    1. we have roleplay rules which actually should work if the players wouldnt discuss about the "what would be if I... " and stick to these rules.
    2. we have players which took roleplay too serious and every lost $ caused angry words on the server or the forum
    3. we have players which totally ignore rp because they think they have made bad experiences with rp before (something i consider pure bullshit coz in RP you can not always win... )
    4. we have clans which try to do RP but dont find opponents coz the others refuse RP

Knowing that its time to fix those problems.

1. if RP rules are not clear then ask so we can make them clear in the next few weeks
    2. i suggest you start playing again instead of crying - nobody of you is a poor guy which can not afford paying tax for fines (except the new players which naturally are protected from taxing and fining)
    3. wake up and realize that its a game... one day you loose - the other day you win
    4. for that case I will introduce something new

With the release of CF1.8 i will return to BG as normal player and the Serverpolice will be turned into some kind of clan which will control the Sol System. They will be called Galaxy Rangers and their main job will be to keep roleplay running and balanced.
    The job of the Serverpolice shifted from cheat hunters to RP coordinators since I will be back on the server and deal with cheaters.

All server clans have one member which is part of the GR and I will give RP orders. That means one day I might decide to tell a trader clan to trade in a specific area and I expect that the GR members ensure that this clan does this kind of RP in that area. There also might be the order for pirate clans to tax in specific systems where these traders run through. Cops will patrol in these systems. Bounty hunters get the job to look for jobs on bases in that area.

If we see that the RP gets unbalanced new orders will be given, new areas will be chosen, or the GR will even the chances on all RP factions. There migth also be the chance that we give orders that 2 police clans get into political troubles and fight each other somewhere in sirius or that pirate clans fight for "taxing grounds".

Actually we try to turn the currently free (and not 100% working roleplay) into a moderated RP that will balance the sides and force the players to play again.

The entire RP on the server will be moderated by some kind of RP board which gets included into the new CF page. There the results of the RP can be posted by every clan via their GR member. Comments on this RP section are not allowed in order to prevent endless discussions.

Benefits of this kind of RP:
    - no more endless discussions
    - the chance to seperate clans which have troubles
    - more rp activity
    - balanced RP
    - good rp stories
    - better involvement of ALL rp factions
    - less war situations since the clans already have to fight
    - and if everything fails you can blame me for the RP

Whats the job of the GR?
    besides usual serverpolice jobs (keeping eyes open, ensure that the rules are followed, guiding players) they get RP orders and turn them into real RP on the server
    they are the link between the GR RP orders and the clans
    how the clans realize those orders is the job of the clan leaders (they still have the command)
    The GR also will act as a clan if neccessary and does RP jobs, no matter if they are police, pirate, bounty hunter or trader.
    There alsow will be special events when GR will lead player expeditions into DK or Inner Core territory.

Sol will be GR territory but all clans will be able to pass through... the mars station is protected by GR and we might restrict access to that station for RP purpose.

I expect from the clans and players on CF to do a clean cut with the release of CF1.8. The troubles of the past wont matter anymore. If i see ppl spreading rumours about other players then it will have consequences. If i see that there are personal attacks against other players then there will be consequences. I have tolerated much in the past but as we meanwhile know this was not the right decision.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• kindly sounds ok in some part, but ordering what exactly to do i don't like it very much but we will see how everything will proceed.

---------------------------------------ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

• I think its a very good idea to have a GM in this and as u say " if everything fails you can blame me for the RP " :P . As long as Roleplay aint dictated for every second and every clan, this is probably one of the best things comin in 1.8, at least for me. GM's like in any roleplay game, just lead the way, like a narrator in a book, the rest is up to the characters. Also a clan build up of all server SP's is a very good idea (tho i dont think its wise to use all the current SP's as GM's. forum itself showed many times, that Roleplay mostly comes from normal players, not from Leaders or SP's, see our precious lucy for example^^. And well, some just cant find the line between SP char and RP char), same should be done with asf/csf. It doesnt make sense that asf is cop and merc, and csf is pirate. this doesnt fit in the storyline (so i heard^^) and also it doesnt help bring ppl together. Some conflicts maybe wouldnt even exist, if ppl would have worked with an in normal RP hostile clan, at least for event week.
    So my personal wish would be to have every clan vote its GM, to ensure good RP.

There also will be special events when GR will lead player expeditions into DK or Inner Core territory.

Plz plz let the DK's drop something useful, its a shame to fight your way to menton, without gettin anything, except bats/bots for the kills.
    (sorry for offtopic)

Plastic surgery since 1500 AD

---
    o
    L_
    OL
    This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.

• i support this. :)

Pie? Rats? In space? Have you gone mad?
    {LP}.Mu_La_Flaga.{X}
    {LP}Gilliam{X}
    {LP}Rabid_Cat{X}
    {LP}Hizack_Nomad{X}
    Arrrr Pirates Arrrr!!
    AND OH NOEZ A PIRATE TRAIN >.>
    {LP}Mu_La_Train{X}

• Got to say this is the best news I heard on the forums for a very long time - thanks OP and thanks to your advisers and helpers.

I realise server clans have high priority - but I hope that the future rp plans will be very inclusive and allow clans like IFC to participate easily.

I would not want freelancers or others (non server clan people) to be in a queue to 'make up the numbers' -

I would accept direction from rp commanders to join whichever side as appropriate.

• i like it...

i hope (as well as the rest of the population of CF) to see numbers that Discovery has at any given time (50+)

i like the RP idea's and values

• Shocking as it may seem, even I have recently begun to (cough, cough) pay taxes to pirates (occasionally, though I would usually rather die!). I gather that this is what many consider RP, though it is only one facet of a multi-faceted puzzle. Evasion & escape are another facet, as is the hiring of mercenaries, alliances with police or other traders, etc.

Having the RP action directed somewhat removes the "free" from Freelancer, and of course cannot really be dictated to players with no clan affiliation. But, since server clans are expected to set the tone and create a gaming environment, we will have to learn how to operate under this new regime, and take it as a challenge in adaptation. The dual-license activation will allow for more combinations of RP action.

Hopefully, we will not be so focused on forcing RP that we have no chance to complete the quests, and fully explore the new CF universe, which has nothing to do with RP... :(

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• How forced it the RP going to be if GR are doing the forcing? GR are (likely) to be the clan leaders, so it will just be following orders from your clan leader. Are all the other clans so anarchic that this goes against their RP?

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese

Originally posted by Centaurian
    Shocking as it may seem, even I have recently begun to (cough, cough) pay taxes to pirates (occasionally, though I would usually rather die!).

Aarrrghhh! This aint fair - Who was this mighty and fearless pirate that managed to corner the most elusive and slippery slimey pilot that ever existed in time and space?

Surely we must build a gold statue in their honour and write stories for little pirate children that there is nothing that cannot be achieved if you persevere and there is no mountain that cannot be climbed.

Who is this legendary pirate that accomplished this impossible feat?

The sky is no longer the limit.

Who is this legendary pirate that accomplished this impossible feat?

More than one, actually, though I blush with shame to admit it. :O Just charge it to senility, if you like, or that I had just left my strength with my favorite wench on Rodez, after a night of wild abandon... :P

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Now, your Rangers own Sol, will it be like the normal clan systems, where most access is restricted?

Originally posted by Trainwiz
    Now, your Rangers own Sol, will it be like the normal clan systems, where most access is restricted?

answer:

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    Sol will be GR territory but all clans will be able to pass through... the mars station is protected by GR and we might restrict access to that station for RP purpose.

• right
    we usually dont close the system and for sure we dont have a motivation to guard such a big system
    based on current RP status we might scan for illegal goods or hunt certain smugglers, or go after legal forces if the rp allows it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• would say lets explore all the 1.8 universe with all the new systems and weapens and a new variation of RP. It will be very interesting. Lets go on.... and fight your way pilots...
    :evil:

-------------(IOC)X-Ray---------------(IOC)Anubis--------------

• Yep me to!!!

ISTINA O ZIVOTU !!!
    .Ne mozes dotaknuti sve svoje zube jezikom
    . Svi idioti nakon čitanja prve istine to i pokuaju
    .Prva tvrdnja je la
    .Sad se smijes jer si shvatio da si idiot...
    .Uskoro čes ovo poslati sljedećem idiotu
    .Jos uvjek je smjeak na tvom licu jer znas da čes
    od nekoga napravit idiota

Originally posted by {LP}Canoso{X}
    Looking forward for a new era on CF.

Sorry for being off topic:
    [size=5]
    Canoso[/size]

you are living!! Thanks - i thought something happend with you. Nice to have a sign of live from you... LP needs you now!

• OP does sound more determined than usual on this one (DO NOT get me wrong)
    We should give it a go...
    But if for example u order a clan (because FREElancers should be excluded from this forced RP)
    to trade in a system and we know to meet a load of pirates there, u dont really expect us to just pay without putting a resistance?
    It'd be easier to set up a "who wins in a fair pvp, his RP wins and gets cash or whatever" rule...
    its not my call though, and ill play no matter how RP looks like in the future.