define cheating plz

There are 120 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Daywalker.

• Some more words to single char accounts:

I never had more than 300 Mil on my store char. All my money i earn is going into new or exisiting clan members, CF friends, new equipment for our Stores and sometimes a new ship as well.

Like Lance i have some accounts here and different ships for different work like CA. This is even a reason why i play CF.

I even know that some others are using multiple chars and/or accounts like me. If you stop the possibility you will lose players who are spending much time to CF (you would like that?).

I know that Privy made this post for me because two of my chars was online a long time (i changed ships and setups of all my VHFs) and filled equipment and weapons to our stores when he invaded Tarsus later, stay docked there and left the game as he was exploding to often and tries to provokate me. After it he wrote this post. Think about why he did so.

Click the image above to visit us.

I stay at my decision, if you need more rules than play chess.

Totally off topic - is there a Crossfire/SWAT Chess society?

I had a passion for chess in my formative years and could do with some chess pvp to get my brain engaged again.

• imagine you are in your vhf in new berlin...you fancy trading. you spend 20 mins getting to earth, spend 56mil inc part ex for a Soulforge train, than you do one sol run. theres an hour and 15 minutes gone and you have lost 6 mil. errr^^
    oh and you get taxed on the way as there wasnt a merc online to hire and the police were 4 systems away :P.
    so that scenario would actually lose you 11 mil minimum. your own RP at that specific time would actually be dictated by the server conditions/other players. sry but i choose what i want to do, if anyone tries to force me then i go find something else to do.
    ppl would leave in droves imo if you try to force them into an un realistic FL scenario. FL isnt SL.

i guess ill just sit in a rarely visited system and mine gasses and ores, as a freelancer. that way ill never get above lvl40 and have to buy an rp licence.:P

btw chess is a very simple game with few rules, you just need a bit of grey matter to think ahead

Originally posted by Azadur [QUOTE]
    I had a passion for chess in my formative years and could do with some chess pvp to get my brain engaged again.

Good idea mate. I like chess too and I used to be not-so-bad chess player few years ago so I guess I can try ^^.

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• i agree compleet with op and i be sure it works it bin here before and its wass great

clans need to organise and create use full treaties
    not like now i like you so be friends
    well me allways be a pirate and pirates supose to do what they want{it never happend lately}but i should be like that

iff you need training i bet op can get some thing

so you no more need to hang out in arena

Originally posted by LeRoiLion

Good idea mate. I like chess too and I used to be not-so-bad chess player few years ago so I guess I can try ^^.

Nice - I will take a look and see if there are any internet chess programs - I will take on anyone and dont mind a good spanking.

At home I have 3 chess sets - one cost more than five hundred pounds - my kids want to learn too.

Which is a bit much to take as one of the reasons I stopped playing was to take care of them!!

But now they are old enough to leave outside in the cold - I will re capture my youth damn it!!

Re this thread - one way to influence people is to lead by example and get them onside :-)

so you no more need to hang out in arena

As I said a few posts before. People will delete all their chars BUT the arena chars. Including you, I bet^^. (and stop playing when the $ is wasted in ammo)

• I dont think just one char is a good idea but i do support the idea of players being limited to one train, and one fighter, after all one man can have two ships if he chooses :D

Pie? Rats? In space? Have you gone mad?
    {LP}.Mu_La_Flaga.{X}
    {LP}Gilliam{X}
    {LP}Rabid_Cat{X}
    {LP}Hizack_Nomad{X}
    Arrrr Pirates Arrrr!!
    AND OH NOEZ A PIRATE TRAIN >.>
    {LP}Mu_La_Train{X}

• Crossfire Chess Club?
    Now we are on to something!!

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• well for now you can keep ur chars... i wont force the community to do that stuff yet
    but you wont be able to switch chars like you want when CF1.8 gets released
    there will be limitations

call it a compromise

oh and if i would have the time i would play chess with you... would be interesting to know if im still good

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by LeRoiLion

Ja ja. Especially when you are active on the forum only :D:D .

Lol, seems u still haven't met me online [11]

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• well, it won't bother me if we are are restricted to one acount (which means 5 char's), but I have to agree that only 1 char would limit RP and such.

for example, seams hard to hold just one fighter char, which means we have to make missions and kill NPC's to survive, which means we need to have a bad rep somwhere which mean NPC's will harass us in PVP fight's (which wouldn't be bad if the RP was faction aligned), not to say that it's hard to make more then 12 mill in an hour making missions. 12 mill may mean only 4 or 5 PVP's for some player's (about 10 minutes I supose).

I don't believe that anyone (except 2 or 3 players) will get a train, and if they do, how long will they keep playing.

in the end I think there's one minimum of 3 required char's: trading, fighting and storing (which is even more important since the dinamical economy exist).

I have to say I hold 2 acounts with 8 char's atm but I wouldn't bother to dellete one of the acount's if it's needed.

and I also loce chess, so if there's anyoe interested? :]
    just my 2 cent's

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• in the end one char means that you finally have to play the game instead of sitting around bored

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• For the record, I support 2 chars.

1. fighter

1. Trader

...and the SP's get one extra slot for our Rags.

Bet most of you didn't know SP's lose a char slot ^^

As a side note: Burro and I had some fun hunting each other 3/4 way across the universe last night. Something like Stutt to X to Dublin, but the end resulted in some good exchanges in melee.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• well, not all ppl. are sitting in Arena...

I´m with Dopple i would find new things to do. Maybe Chess.

Click the image above to visit us.

• OP already said he isn't going to force the policy. I don't know what the effects would be if it were applied, but for now everything is staying the same, and when 1.8 comes out we'll see if the F1 limitation ends some of the RP evasion. If things go terribly wrong someday then we can all play chess (CF-styled or not), but there's no sense worrying about it now. :D

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Chess pvp

Well I took a look and there seems to be loads of chess programs that allow play online - I even tried one and beat this guy from Greece - but he made a few mistakes as the game only gives 15mins to complete the game!!

So - some opps here for a Crossfire Chess Club - or CCC if you prefer, Triple C Club, C cubed? blah blah

Maybe we can get some games going and tabulate the games in leage format - maybe even publish the games for others to look at and ponder and advise.

I will keep loking over the weekend and see if we can find a good free one that allows us to recognise each other etc

Can anyone recommend a good one - ??

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    in the end one char means that you finally have to play the game instead of sitting around bored

No disrespect intended OP.

But all one char means is that it takes longer to get from one place to another. I dont see how spending 15 minutes to fly from one end of the universe to the other every time they want to join in a combat or a trading run is supposed to add to the fun. That will only slow down the action.

Sometimes I only have 1 hour to play and Im sure it is the same for others. How much fun is it that I would spend half of my time getting to my destination, then most likely the engagemant would be over anyway and I will have wasted all of my time.

The concept that 1 char will magically change people's attitudes and there will be no more complaints is far-fetched at best.

People will bitch much more when they spend 15 to 20 minutes to get to an engagement and then the opponent logs off. There would be some very pissed off and frustrated people. I will admit I would be one of those pissed off people. I guarantee after a few experiences like that, most people would get fed up and leave.

I know it was posted the 1 char thing wont be enacted, but I had to give a point of view because it seems some people believe that 1 char will stop the complaints when in reality it will make CF a very nasty and hateful place.

Gunny yep that was fun.^^

Az could you please make a separate thread for the chess league. This 1 char subject is extremely important. If the wrong choice is made then CF will shrivel to nothing.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

Az could you please make a separate thread for the chess league. This 1 char subject is extremely important. If the wrong choice is made then CF will shrivel to nothing.

No. I am morphing this thread into a chess thread so get your chess stories and fantasies in.

OP has already said it wont happen - it's too big a risk to take.

Most of us here have many chars - I have 10 LP chars available to me =- but for those that remember having only one char -

There was certainly something.....raw in only having one :-)

It certainly gives you a different experience of the server.

Anyway as that dicsussion is closed by OP - can we continue with the Crossfire Chess Club discussion?