Posts by DrStraw

Stop looking for a purpose m8^^
    Its about having fun and progressing your char, your skills and your knowledge.
    Sad to say but in a monetary based universe $$ are part of the progress.
    I just wish that little time i have left to play the game right now would get me somewhere.

-.-

Since Im working 6 days a week I can only play saturday evening and sunday morning..
    The last weekend I managed to get me a train and 80m from which I yet have to payback 60m
    to a kind person lending it to me to get the train.
    Now Im logging in and see that I only have 10m left? Like the whole past weekend for nothing?
    I actually wanted to buy me a fighter and start exploring/betatesting now but guess
    I'll have to trade for another weekend which is my only f*cking free time in my life right now.

Btw no f*cking clue what bug you are talking about.. I did stuttgart-new berlin like
    all DC.

x says: hi
    x says: I doubt we'll get CF 1.8 by the end of this year
    x says: perhaps 2010 Christmas
    x says: I recently installed [another famous freelancer mod]
    x says: It's great

Thats the kind of messages I get recently in response to whats going on right now. For a good while I have been shutting up about all this but I think some/one need/s a reality check here.

First of all lets determine what makes an online game attractive over a long run:
    -constant development
    -frequent updates and changes
    -incentives
    -a stable and confident developers team/person
    -something to be proud of to invite friends without the thought in your back that they probably wont have much fun on the long run
    -advertising

Now what happens when this online game lacks all the above mentioned:
    -people eventually get bored doing everyday the same for years
    -people have nothing new to look forward to on a frequent basis keeping them tied to the game
    -people might ask themself if the game is dead already
    -people lose confidence in the management of the game
    -ultimately.. people start to pick fights in the community cause of sheer boredom

In order to counter these consequences one has to address the causes rather than amplifying them. By punishing the community because of natural consequences caused by lack of something to keep the player's mind occupied on the server nothing is achieved. To the contrary it causes people to write messages like the one I pasted at the beginning.

A recent example: The 2 biggest forces on the server right now are PX and the cops. Guess which groups got themselfs into a fight.. PX and the cops. Are you surprised?

Trust always works both ways. The community trusts in the game management to provide them with a universe featuring long term excitement. The game management trusts in the abilities of his staff and in the community to be all hyped and excited about playing a game where the amount of achievements to be gained raises every week or month.

An example would be an event with a 1 week duration determining who killed the most NPCs of [faction X] wrapped up into a nice RP story (invasion or something) in order to continue with the CF story on a frequent basis. RP is supposed to be as exciting as a book but when you read through it and spend years of writing your own bits and parts into and after it you direly crave for the next issue. So why not go on telling the story on a frequent basis? Just one of plenty ideas on how to make life on CF interesting again.

Just imagine how the server would look like if new features+story of 1.8 had been implemented to 1.7 on a ~2week basis. Sort of like episodes.. The server would be filled to the rim with people waiting for the next episode while having the opportunity to add their own RP storys to the 2weekly-based story continuance.

Usually I would put stuff like that into a PM but in the end it would have gotten deleted without reading as announced.

Homeros make sure yu are logged in as administrator on your pc.
    Limited users cant change values in the registry which is exactly where the IDs are stored (so you dont have to retype them everytime)

I have a couple of questions :>
    Due to the nature of the prices - is this contest for [TSN] members only?
    If not: Can you give us a little more info about what the logo should (re-)present?
    The current logo is not a bad idea in general. Should we orientate on that one?

simply use the command /time when you are logged on the server.

sidenote: GMT has NO daylight saving time, the server's "GMT" tho has^^.
    It can be very confusing sometimes. If the "real GMT" differs from servertime, servertime has priority when it comes to events so you are pretty save using the /time command.

The database you find using the password isnt entirely correct on all points.
    I bet OP put some errors in on purpose so you actually have to think a bit too^^.

//edit: there is no wreck in Mira Ceti even in OPs database oO. What are you looking at?