define cheating plz

There are 120 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Daywalker.

• I hope so.

Please keep in mind that sometimes we are fighting more than one opponent.

-edited-

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• edit

@Privy,
    i agree better to speak ppc than on the forum...

burro,
    Thank you!

Click the image above to visit us.

• Guys lets talk straight

After installing the LRK, the pvp class in CF gone doooooown low. Now the main thing is to spam ! Just fire missiles all around :/

I beat almost everybody who i pvp with guns only...I haven't been online for over mounts, and from 10 pvp's only 2 guys beat me... What are we talking about ?!

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• ?(?(?( i dont know ?(?(?(
    one car allone?
    what can i do then?
    Eventmanager,Serverpolice or RP?
    I will not fly all times with the same ship.
    I see it come then:
    all fly with the same ship and the same weapons

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• I don't agree Tyrael - it's gone up cause one need to be hell of a pilot to manage to evade the ammo, throw the ammo and survive. The fact that you can point in one direction and use some primitive evading does not make you good pilot.

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• true Simba. The missiles tracking added a whole new level of skill requirement to the game. Its very hard to master, still, a perfect gunner and a perfect missiler are even enemys (see simba and doom). I wonder what everybody complains about fighting against spammer^^. If the enemy spams for real he should be out of ammo pretty soon as long as one stays evasive. If one fails to manage to stay evasive in order to wait for the perfect point to attack its surely not the spammers fault. Thee who spams usually dies in less than 10 seconds being CDed his own missiles.
    Its all about launching rockets only when you know they hit 100%. People who do spam usually are the ones trying to find out which angle/speed/momentum allows them a 100% hit probability. Its fair to assume those people eventually learn where to launch missiles and where not. Chances are atleast higher compared to those people shutting down the comp because they were spammed to death and didnt know how to counter or evade. Evading missiles is of no doubt more difficult than evading guns and requires a lot more skill. Same goes for launching them.. clicking an aimcross with the right mouse button is far easier then precalculating the angle and launchpoint of your missiles.
    Definatly lets not mix up missiler with spammer. Where spammer are the easiest enemys to come across, trained missilers are the deadliest ones.
    Just my morning wakeup 2 cents.

Tyrael can I put that in my sig?^^: "Guys lets talk straight [...] What are we talking about ?!"

• An update awhile back changed a lot of VHF statistics. Some very good ships were made either average (like the shroud) or terrible (Kossac), some average ones became very good, and some simply got enlarged (Karak?). :P

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• The Shroud used to be a good fighter, now it is a worthless piece of space junk. The Lagg is busted and bad, but hey, who cares.

Key is have a very fast ship and hold your missle button down.

Lagg I don't like and yes I have used it myself. But with only 8300 armor (upgrade to 16600) it still takes a boat load of missles to kill that damn thing even with direct hits.

My biggest concern is how some folks missles are more accurate than others, even if fired in equal environments......there is certainly something unbalanced. US players, because of our time to the server are at an extreme disadvantage in pvp.....didnt used to be that way, so something has changed.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• My personal experience seems to be the same as Gunny. I have noticed (especially in group fights) that I can hit some players with missiles or guns....but some other players are either super-good at evading or I just cant hit them for another reason?.....kinda frustrating. Honestly at this point I have been seriously considering staying away from all large battles.....I probably cause lag anyway so maybe its better for me to just avoid that issue. Also, I don't know why, but when I first started playing CF my ping was usually 172ms ingame......now when I check I usually see around 215ms.

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• something else that also supports 1 char opinion...

with 1 char, people will choose their ships more wisely, if they like to trade and fight, then maybe a Haider would be better choice as there main ship. This makes other ships more reasonable to have, and we would see lots of different ships being flown instead of fleets of the same ship.

Also to stop missile/mine spammers money will actually be more important, because the expensive missiles will take time to make the money for if they are flying Haidar, and if they fly fighter, then they will be really screwed and would need to rely on the clans trader to make the money for them, therefore people will use other missiles/mines because of price. At the moment, people have too much money, because they can just switch to the train and make the money back in 1 run. i heard figures of Billions across many chars that people have, and so, it means absolutely nothing to load 6 Nemesis launchers and blow the lot in 1 pvp. means nothing at all, except the guy who got shot at dont stand a chance, we have a server full of these people, what happened to playing the game anymore?.

I can only see the 1 char rule being good for the server. At the moment, you have all the people who like to do any RP they like and like to F1 and change roles. These are the only people left on the server, so of course, it will be majority of people who dont like 1 char rule because all the 1 char rules supporters left the server. But that not to say that if these things were changed, they wouldnt come back again. Possibly you could end up with more people on the server than ever before because you havent got the greedy few who dominate it.

• thing for me is:

missile spamming or not i try to play the game as is. I ever met Pilots who was beating me but i adapted many styles to beat them back and normaly it works.

It´s on me as the player to learn how to avoid missiles - and i learned it (it took me long :() even without having cd´s and cm´s on board after i used them all in battles.

It´s on me as the player to adapt new fighting styles and compromises like not to aim the weapons of my opponents directly anymore because of some bugged ships.

I remember a time where all was flying the Shroud (and i realy love this ship) but this time was ended as the Shroud get the same statistics as the most VHFs. So it´s on me as the player to get a ship in which i can survive (surely this will lead to some ships which most of the players will fly again - until the next update ^^)

I remember a time where i was able to win a pvp without missiles against a skilled opponent - it´s over now.

But in one point i need to agree here - the Players from far away of the servers position have a disadvantage in both missile AND gunfights and they are only able to reduce this disadvantage by skill as it always was from the beginning i played here - You need to be 10% better infact as all the others - well thats your task. My task is to beat you even when you have some lag, i don´t want you to stay out of Battles and pvp´s that would kill your and my fun. I will not cry about some jumps of you when you are living in the US or elswhere far away so don´t cry about my missiles which are tracking better than yours please.

One more thing, i don´t rp for statistics. As in the ASF/CSF Battles which i realy miss! my aim is always to survive a pvp or battle (its the same for me) with or without much hull points and when i go down i mostly enjoyed the fight aswell, because maybe i learned some things.

If you will change the Weapons - i will learn to win with the new ones. If you will take away all the missiles i will win with guns only, if you change ship stats it will lead to a more interesting gameplay for me because i need to handle a new ship and have to test many others before.

Put a horrible expensive part of equipment in the Game and i soon will have it on all of my ships.

But all what i´ve written above have a commonness:

It´s my responsibility as the Player in CF. So take it as is every changings made by OP will lead to some new things you need to adapt. The spirit of CF was to accept things as they are, it´s a shame where we are now!

Go to the Game find your style play by the rules and HAVE FUN! If you do so we will get more players staying with us - i guess we have enough new players joining week by week and this will lead to more fun of yourself again. If you don´t do so we will see new players leaving as they do!

If you dont like to pvp, buy a repair ship from Vespus (if you can manage to lift of with it...) find big battles stay out of the scanner range and offer the selling of bats and bots and Ammo - but stop argueing about ships.

edit:
    I don´t know if it is possible, but the F1 thing would be easy to avoid by ships which have to dock before switching, maybe it would be possible to hold account IP´s online for longer (for about a minute or so) even when it is logged of, so the switcher would get a message that this IP/account is in use already and he/she needs to wait until it´s free again.

• The general point is C9. that it used to be a very equal environment on CF in fights, but for some reason that has changed. (nothing to do with the players).

As for missles, for most US players, they constantly lose locking...why I dont know, but I can make an educated guess.

I have been here since the early days of 1.4 and I am telling you, many things here are better than ever, but some things have gone for the worse as far as game play.

But thats all part of evolution.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• For people thousands and thousands of miles away from the server there is a definite disadvantage in combat, but this doesn't really impact the gameplay on the macro scale imao. Sure we can't always win because munitions don't track as well or there's more jumping so things are harder to hit with guns... just yesterday I noticed that my countermeasures don't really help me get hit be missiles less often. It really doesn't matter though! Those who are good at PvP overcome the problems presented by geography, ship-type, and loadouts. CF combat is a skillset that anyone, anywhere can master.

I understand your logic btw Saxon, but this is not going to happen anytime soon and if it were, most people would accept it only grudgingly. If OP wants it most of us will adapt, but having multiple characters is one of the basic features of MP Freelancer and most people enjoy it. The assumption that everyone flies the same ship btw is false m8. I've been steadily reducing the number of characters I have, but whether it's 5, 10, or 20 I never have more than one of the same ship. Sometimes people tell me I ought to be using ships that are better in combat, but very little on a PvP server revolves around who wins the fights - some people have forgoten that, and they tend to be the ones that all choose the same ships.

I agree with Gunny that it is an evolution. These changes - sometimes they are good, sometimes they are bad, but mostly good. Sure some of the VHFs don't get used much because they're on the low-end of performance, sure certain players are scared senseless when their ability to load mountains of rockets onto their ships is threatened, and yes I freak out too when my ability to field several ships is threatened - but when people on the server talk about leaving over such things? This is not only saddening but shows the general lack of connectedness players have with their fellow players - the community as a whole.

It is true that I have been one of the people contributing to the tone, but I wish there wouldn't be such strong negativity in these discussions. Personally, I'm thrilled about the upcomming 1.8 features and the massive influx of players we will get. I'm thankful for what OP has provided us with and how things work. These "problems" we in the community are always making up are such a waste of time and divide people. If you as a player think the features are better somewhere else and it's more important than staying with your clan or server, why stay and spoil things for everyone else with the complaining? Those of us who are loyal and grateful, whether subconsciously or not, always adapt to whatever changes occur and make the best of things in the end. :P

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• They lock on? O.o I never noticed that.... I just get a lag spike and then they fly wherever the hell they feel like xD

I think having one character is a brilliant idea. It would actually make convoys happen, would give mercs a reason for existence, would give people a reason to hire the mercs that now exist, would make RP more interesting, and would actually give clans a real basis to form their own Trading Divisions, Combat Divisions etc.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - Attributed to General George Patton Jr

• cool, so at least we just need 50 new players permanent online to make that scenario happen (yesterday we was 21) means 71 will make it - so we would have a free slot to join everytime. Btw. why not inviting more one char players to the server about 150 or so, switching wouldn´t be possible because of to much players who likes to join - so nobody would be able to use another account.

Even interesting i "saw" privateer_2 yesterday...

• :-)

Ahoy shipmates!!!

There is a balance between roleplay and pvp to be struck and it aint easy.

Maybe as Arbitar of these things - OP in his infinite wisdom can re assess the current situation and ponder if changes are required.

We have all either switched around to chase someone - or experienced it ourselves - I think it is a bit cheap and smacks a bit of unfairness - maybe even goes against the spirit of the game.

I have done both of them and I can say clearly working hard for a kill - tracking, hunting searching, was more satisfaying than a F1 switch kill.

If there was a way to satisfy more the rp needs of some of Crossfire members that would be nice - in the same way that so obviously the pvp requirements are currently being met.

Personally rp was always more important to me than pvp, but also I recognise the rpers can help themselves and be creative - but they cant do it in a vacuum.

• We can do anything if we try hard enough!!!

Seriously though..... it was kind of boring RP wise when I played.... cops didn't have that much to do other than chase the good old SMG (Whom I heartily commend for actually paying up when caught :D ) and patrol for non-existent pirate attacks on non-existent traders. Something has to give eventually. OP's neutral in this, maybe he can shake it up a bit ^^

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - Attributed to General George Patton Jr