define cheating plz

There are 120 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Daywalker.

[I]

shouldnt we all just have 1 char and all be chased around the map like its supposed to be.

I like that idea

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Why can't everyone just be content with the layout we've already got? We're losing F1 now with 1.8, how many other freedoms do we need to sacrifice to make a few people happy? Just play the game and have fun! If you want one char delete your other ones, but I'm still going to have all 21 of mine and I will use them as I see fit within the rules! :P

@Privy: if you'd like FAM ask me in PM or email and I'll send it to you. 8)

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Ok here is the definition to your question: As long as clan members have all related chars tagged, then it is legal.

If members SHARE a pc in two clans or as clan / FL, then you could be accused of having a "fake" character.

So, its legal until you get caught/

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

Originally posted by Marshal Cunningham
    Why can't everyone just be content with the layout we've already got? We're losing F1 now with 1.8, how many other freedoms do we need to sacrifice to make a few people happy? Just play the game and have fun! If you want one char delete your other ones, but I'm still going to have all 21 of mine and I will use them as I see fit within the rules! :P

@Privy: if you'd like FAM ask me in PM or email and I'll send it to you. 8)

Agreed with Lance. It would be very diffcult to trade with a fighter ship and it would be difficult to fight with a trader ship. We need more than one ship.....

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• yes Privvy. But what about when my m8s want to trade, do they have to sell their fighter? or if I want to fight I would have to sell my trader? Sorry m8 but that makes no sense to me.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

SMG Forums

• The point I am making is that I wouldnt want to be a "trader" only or a "fighter" only that would be very boring.

Who would want to fly the same type of ship all of the time and do the same thing all of the time? How many people would stay under those conditions?

We would maybe have the most boring server ever created if those were the rules.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

SMG Forums

• Why is this a problem? If you want to play the game a certain way that's your business, but the rest of us are entitled to play the way we like. We all want to have a good time. If I had one char though, all I'd be able to do serverside would be to babysit my clansystem. That doesn't sound particularly entertaining. The present system works well - there's nothing to debate about it.

If you want more ships get a second account and some credits (neither cost real money). I traded dozens and dozens of hours, evading mercs, pirates, and police to make the billions I needed to fund my thirst for new toys (and yes, I've also taken and given hundreds of millions more to and from other police). Even after two years it's still usually fun to work up for enough to get something new. Big effort means big reward, so if you want more stuff go out there and earn it m8. :)

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

Originally posted by Gunny
    Ok here is the definition to your question: As long as clan members have all related chars tagged, then it is legal.

If members SHARE a pc in two clans or as clan / FL, then you could be accused of having a "fake" character.

So, its legal until you get caught/

Im hopping in here to ensure DrDoom and mine actions dont get illegalized now ;). Here is the story: We are both in different clans. DrDoom is coming to my place almost everyday to play Crossfire on my 2nd PC. Now when I want to mule something and he is not there Im activating mine (private unshared) mule account on the 2nd pc and do whatever transfer i need.
    Gunny Im sure you were talking about sharing the account rather than the PC/IP. Would be pretty weird if 2 friends cant use the same computer as long as they dont touch the others accounts (which we dont.)

Im not sure if you got that yet Privy: You can have an infinite amount of freelancer accounts on one single pc. Also depending on the power of your pc you can run Freelancer as many times as you want parallel using vmware or other sort of OS emulating apps.

//edit: As for the rule how many people can be online from the same IP.. As long as they dont popup with the same name or something out of nowhere it can always be an internet cafe or friends for example playing together. I kind of remember that occasion where some guy used 4 chars simultaneously and got banned or 'dealt with' in the end. Such obvious overdoing no good things are clearly not allowed by default anywhere^^. I think its OK to use 2 chars online for muling purposes but any more is just plain useless.

• Actually Straw, this has happened hundreds of times before you and will happen again.

But I can easily tell if its the same player using different tagged chars....I do have my ways.

You tagged the char like I requested, so I dont see an issue.

• ok cool :)
    Check my edit in the post (added some stuff and didnt see u replied alrdy^^).
    Once again sorry Privy for intruding your thread. Even tho it wasnt too much off topic.

Originally posted by {LP}SaxonRaider{X}
    there is the account manager thingy for those who dont have 2-3 pcs. is that cheating ?

Privvy was talking about people who have 2 or more accs online at the same time.

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• unless you have 2 or more bodies you can only fly one ship

unless you are Q and like to play weird games with picard you cant teleport once around the galaxy just to reach your next ship

i would really support the idea to have just one single ship... that makes the game more realistic and RP more important

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!