Observation

There are 201 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gast.

• ive just installed a first part of the new lag reduction kit that i want to introduce with CF1.8
    i also did some other changes on the server to raise the stability

now the question is if the server runs more stable than before and with less lag
    so far it looks but only long time observation will show proper results
    id like to get an info about every servercrash from now on

oh and ignore the fact that NPC dont cause any damage with gunfire (with the current files its normal)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• from the time we did the tests :

first 3 crashes were after 15min every
    second 3 crashed were after 30min every

so, so far its not good ... 6 crashes in less then 3 hours ...

• After the last update this morning, server is now dropping every 20 minutes...the change seems to have been in the wrong direction, whatever it was [2] BTW, if ASF/CSF is currently inactive, could we try taking the RRS offline to test the effect on server stability? Just for a week or 2... ?(

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• sounds weird but it shows me that im on the right way... the next update has been released 2mins ago

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ok looks like everything is running stable
    no crash in the past 17 hours and some less lag

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Once again, OP works his wizardry! Well done!!:won:

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

• yeah - could b

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It has happened so often for me, for so long (even before CF1.7), that I have to wonder if this is related to server crashes: at least 50% of the time when the server goes down while I'm online, it's within 2-3 seconds of sending a message to another player thru the CF chat. Many, many times, I hit "enter" with my message, and immediately, the server drops. Is it possible to have a defective keyboard send a spurious code thru the server this way? I have no idea, just posting my observation... [7]

Originally posted by Centaurian
    Is it possible to have a defective keyboard send a spurious code thru the server this way?

The answer should be "no". Maybe you are just an evil hacker but you don't know it :D:D:D

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• i hope you wash your hands before using the keyboard and spreading stuff with it then ^^

no honestly... considering that you are all system spammers its no wonder that the server crashes when you type or that you type when the server crashes
    you type all the time

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by Inferno
    from your fingers ?
    [694] [spammer]

Spammer ! [694]

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• i haven't been online for a long time,but will check it out.btw,the older version of LRK(lag reduction kit) (which you installed when the licences were updated)seemed to increase the lag... :-|

i hope this next version will really make it more stable,those DKs don't wait ^^ ;) (to get to hyperspace you need more than 1 hour,and the server was crashing every 45 mins :] :] :D:D:D )

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• Eh okay I just came back from the server. Dopp told me you are testing something OP??

Anyways, its weird because as soon as someone takes off from a planet, a station or anywhere else, they get kicked from the server. :D

Edit:

Okay it appears it only affected me and my train, currently stationed in Sol. I think I know what's wrong.

Today, I bought a Power Generator on my way back from New Berlin for one of my chars. When I bought it, it got mounted automatically, but it wasnt for me, it was for my other ship, so I unmounted it, to store for later...

And that's what caused everything to go wrong. I was now stuck on the planet, unable to take off without a power plant. Now the game thought I didnt have a power plant anymore.

So I mounted it again, and launched. I now didnt have unlimited power. I could only use my thrusters for a limited amount of time, and eventually, shooting my turrets would deplete my energy. That never happened before.

So now I go to Sol, to buy a new Train, thinking it might fix the problem. But I leave it until later. I come back this evening, after something on the server has changed. Now the game thinks I'm cheating if I buy a new ship and try to launch with it. I get kicked, and when I come back on its as though I had never bought that ship.

I am stuck on Sol without a power plant. I can't launch, I can't buy a new ship, I can't rebuy the power plant because now its gone.

Oh and also, I bought the Coalition bribe in Sol... Turns out I got 3.1 million stolen and the Coalition isn't in my list of factions. But the game thinks I bought it so now I can't buy it again!!!

Yeah sorry I had to make it that long, but its hard to explain otherwise. Now though, I don't know what to do. The game obviously kicks me because I am "cheating", trying to buy a new ship with an infinite power plant... Or something else changed, but whatever it is its preventing me to launch, and its annoying.

Luckily, all my other chars are fine.

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• Have I been booted?

For some odd reason, none of my chars can come up.

I see the server on the server list, but when I try to attach it repeatedly says Lost Connection Try Again.

But when it comes back from that little message, there are still active users online and I get a ping rate.

Its not the server, its something else.

Just asking. :D

EDIT: Disregard....Its late and Ima maroon

Returning from the ashes of outrageous misfortune 8).

• Eddie, I could not possibly imagine that you are booted. No way m8.

topic: Im from USA. I have yellow lag very often and missiles do not lock.

Not complaining. Observing as asked.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums