Observation

There are 201 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gast.

• well,there IS less lag than before but more crashes...yesterday,there were 6 ppl in X fighting,ships were jumping only a bit,so pvp was possible

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• looking at the logs the server is running much more stable than before
    no probs for alot of hours

the trains have an unlimited powergen
    if you replace it by another one of course you will get in troubles
    there is nothing i can do about that

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yesterday around 9.45pm (german time) server crashed AND went offline for couple of seconds ... so i suppose it was you OP ... and then the FL Hook didnt work ... and we all had a great battle in X :D
    dunno if Hook is back on now ...

Originally posted by Argos
    at 1 AM wasn't running yet, and I felt the server a litle less laggy.

Kyron complayned about torps targeting to late.

I felt it less laggy too. In the big (and totaly meaningless :D ) fight in X even when using mines, torps, missiles and so on there was almost no lag.

About the torps - I prefer it this way. The fights are getting shorter and shorter and the torps was not meant to be used against fighters but against big and/or slow targets.

And something to add - CDs could not intercept a torp if the torp is not the target.

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

Originally posted by LeRoiLion

even when using mines, torps, missiles and so on there was almost no lag.

And something to add - CDs could not intercept a torp if the torp is not the target.

point 1) i ever was told not to use mines in the big battles - because they lead to more lag. Normaly it´s an agreement not to do it (no Offence and no discussion here about that plz.).

point 2) Only the moskquito is selve targetting - but she defenetly is! Sometimes she isn´t but than even no torp or missile will hit you because of the existing lag.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Point 1) I said even when using mines. It was an experiment and the result was that the mines this time didn't cause more lag (dunno if it was because of the changes OP made to the lag reduction or because of the flhook down, the changes OP was making at the time when the flhook was down or maybe just a random reason).

Point 2) We tried both. Picard fired about 35 torps I fired about 20-25 mosquitos and 10-15 hornets - none was tracking without selecting the ammo.

I hope this will be considered as clarification of my previous statement, not as a discussion 8) .

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• The only torpedo that have's an enough amount of damage to be called like that is the colition torpedo, after all, a torpedo is suposed to easly get an BS down in 4 or 5 hit's.

I guess that if it wasn't made for ramdom pvp, most of the ship's wouldn't have it, since the suslayer semas to be made most for hit fighter's then BS's.

but I have to agree that it is fair that torps track latter.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• My problem with the train is solved! I just had to buy another ship, launch, land, and then I could buy a new train. And now I have the normal train again.

But now my problem is, I bought the Coalition bribe in Sol, but when I did that, the server was undergoing some testing. I think the game only registered the fact that I paid for the bribe, subtracted the amount from my savings, but then that was it. The Coalition hasn't been added to my factions list, let alone made friendly. I just wonder now: if I go to Altair, will I get attacked by the Coalition? Because I can't buy the bribe again...

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• all factions for ur ship r preset when u first start a new char. not all factions will be on ur rep list untill u encoutner them in space or by npc in a bar or on a mission. the Coalition is friendly to u if u have gotten their bribe.

• she is right
    bribes are only shown if you are hostile
    if its not shown you must be friendly to them
    and the replist only gets entries if you have their ships or bases on ur screen

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yellow lag for me on and off for the 2 hours I played tonight. Also server crashed 3 times. I played from 3am until 5am GMT. About 12 people were playing for the first 1.5 hours. Even when fewer people were on, the lag was the same.

Hope this helps.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• ok.now everything works fine.less crashes and less lagg,but about an hour ago,there were 23 ppl online.missiles didn't work at all,even CD's were missing the target...is it possible to fix the missiles ?

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your

• I keep getting disconected even when:

Ping statistics for 87.106.22.90:
    Packets: Sent = 202, Received = 202, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 48ms, Maximum = 54ms, Average = 50ms

Any idea?

EDIT: The /ping console command shows no loses too.

EDIT2: After the server crashed everything turned back to normal.

SMG Forums

• That you can reach the server through some pings tells not that the game should work. (Or?) If the service (the crossfire server) didn't start then you can't connect to it within the game. -> So far this should be clear...

The ping command from the command shell is only for statistics, the values that return from this command may increase in game due to more communication (-errors).

• Huor I could log in on the moment after I get disconnected, stay in for about 2 minutes (with no lag, loses and perfect ping) and get disconected again. After the server crashed (as I wrote) I had no problems at all. And since a lot of ppl said they have lag problems, missiles and torps don't lock at all and I had no connection problems I guess it was serverside. That's why I reported it :D .

SMG Forums

• ur ping of 200 and no loss: others do have that as well and can play - since op is testing services it seems to be a good idea to report such things (as also requested by Op)

and just to say it once more: after u lost connection/log off... PLEASE let the launcher do the updates again!

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• cant see any probs with the server since the changes that ive done cant cause this behavior

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Just a Observation about Ping rates.....use to play with a high ping rate of 360...after OP's ugrade ping now down to 300/320..with no loss or fluctuation most times.
    Any ping rate upto 340 is ok for pvp..340 =360 ok for NCP'S....over 360 best just to trade ..my ping does fluctuate sometimes due to the 8/10 countrys it has to go through to reach the sever ..anyone outside europe might have the same problem with ping and flucuation rates ..its not always the server ..its trying to get to it ..anyway thanks to Op for getting the lagg down .

• yeah np
    that were just the first 2 updates
    2-3 others will follow

the tests on the 3rd part show that (assuming that those files are activly loaded by FLserver - and thats pretty much possible) a very large part of the data in memory of the server can be reduced to about 5% of the normal size
    and that means if FLserver would really load those files (for some reason i hope so) we would get a very large performance boost and the CF server wouldnt need more capacities than an ordinary vanilla server.... very likely even less

but in the end that are all speculations and we will only see it when it is working

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,