Roleplay

There are 160 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by |TSH| ***Tribbs***.

• So, guenni7, if Freelancer servers would have an increased player-base, what else would be considered an incentive for you to play this game ?

Honestly, I don't think there is anything. After a long time playing it feels like I've seen it all and can't get much joy out of it anymore.
    I will log in from time to time, but don't think I will become an active player again.

• your decision and still there are people which have a different opinion on that.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• The thing that stands out to me over the years is, its still here! its still in the top ten! and you see players old and new keep coming back! Thing that amazes me, that also,players feel the need to post Negative remarks all the time. But they, themselves keep returning. The remarks there not coming back the games old and so on. Then simply leave thats your right and not forced to come here. The fact a lot come here cause they choose to and enjoy it. The other thing that makes me chuckle is its old and boring yet i,m in game daily and there is new players everyday. Depends on the timezone too. Keep up the great work team we appreciate it. ( well most of us :)) )

• i still think you should make changes to battleships so you can use a more wide array of weapons on them so you can use them in sirius system

if your playing alone and not in a clan :thumbsup:

• i still think you should make changes to battleships so you can use a more wide array of weapons on them so you can use them in sirius system

if your playing alone and not in a clan :thumbsup:

Have you tried all different types of battleship turrets which are in CF mode? Have you collected special upgrades to battleships which can be found in Inner Core Sector? Battleship are quite strong ships which have its place in Crossfire mod. However theirs strength hugely depends on pilot experience and skills ... (and this is imo perfectly ok)

• Arena just do what disco do make it a /enter and return command take all jump holes out so you cant get in and set a time limit on the enter so it kicks you back to normal space in an hour solves all the petty shit on this post that's to help us RP not bitch about arena god guys get over it

Love the idea of taking systems but where do clans start at? where do new clans get a spot if systems are taken ? seems too messy with out setting strict factions alignment the idea it works in discovery via mass amounts roleplay between factions with lots of push back wars over serval months then they patch the take over in/out depending on the out come this will make a big difference but you will have to balance ships out to possibility of getting players back on here ships are one of the key problems on here just having VHFS is boring and what's the point in all the rest face it there is non this will help with the wars i hope and this will open up CF for players to look for new ships and move them about in the world all guns and equipment will need an over hall do i know its a massive job but i can only see this working to get players back

yes the player base here is less then 20 most days about 6 depending on time zone iv been playing discovery past few weeks player base is at 60 to 30 most of the time and weekends hits the 90s on a good day iv been to look for improvements possible here but with out a player base most will not work maybe a complete mod reboot for us all is an option all start again with new improved system for all of cf with this new clan can take systems dropping a few systems ships trade ? lots can be done just the time needed and will the players come back ?

In the darkness you could hear the crying of women,
    the wailing of infants
    and the shouting of men
    Some prayed for help,
    others wished for death
    But still more imagined that there were no Gods left...
    ...And that the universe was plunged into internal darkness

• ok rifty i have not played discovery why do people play there and not here and martin your missing the point about battleships what i'm thinking is give them some rapid guns like vhf's so you can mount a defence against such ships

i like playing battleships but i find it is limited i mean having to run from one vhf or a gunship is sad

• .. but in CF is rapid firing turret available. BSs are also very potent in PvP, there is only very few "pro" players which can take properly used BS down solo ... And when used in wing with fighters they can completely change fight balance. I had very nice BS for PvP and it could be even better with upgrades from Inner Core :)

• ok - just a thought about battleships/cap ships in general

What if we add shields to these kinds of ships which have a damage dampening for all types of fighter weapons but are still relative weak against capital ship weapons?

Would that solve issues?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ...In regards to battleships - unsure. That would require some testing.

In regards to cruisers/destroyers and gunboats, this would have been of massive help. Now this is based purely on my opinion; and my piloting skills are below average and I lack much PvP experience, but so far all uses for these ships are extremely niche (I'm not sure if I can handle Outcasts in Omicron Alpha in these).

I'm also sure cruisers/destroyers could benefit if the range of their defense turrets was buffed. Either a considerable buff to range or a small buff to both range and rate of fire. Perhaps a strong buff to range on cruisers and moderate buffs to range and rate of fire to destroyers; for diversity. Such a buff IMO isn't as radical as a total rearmament of these ships, and could be relatively easy to implement (correct me if I'm wrong).

While the gunboats are likewise rather niche, I think they have something interesting going for them: buffed strafing speed. E.g. I have a Rheinland Gunboat in Hudson farming Rogues. Basically I pilot it like a fighter, except I strafe a lot.

I have a more radical idea that involves upgrades similar to the Battleship Upgrades (except more specifically related to the ships' weapons), but I think it might be very hard to implement, so I'll put it in the back of my mind for now.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited once, last by Ajay ().

• no Ajay tell us your ideas please that's what op needs to hear i like battleships and gunboats a like so i would like to hear what you have to say

• no Ajay tell us your ideas please that's what op needs to hear i like battleships and gunboats a like so i would like to hear what you have to say

Fiiiiine.

The idea is to create "weapon refit kits" for Cruisers and Destroyers. They are applied like Battleship Upgrades/Cloaking Devices. Upon application, they will either replace (a less work-intensive variant, I don't think it will require any extensive changes to ships themselves) or supplement (more work-intensive variant that might require adding extra hardpoints to the ship's model) the ship's Defense Turrets with different versions.

I'm thinking about three Weapon Refit Kits:

>Phalanx Refit Kit - high refire rate

>Lancer Refit Kit - longer range.

>Bombardier Refit Kit - high damage per shot

(Of course, the composition of refit kit can be played with and more varied).

More interesting thing is for Gunboats since they have two types of turrets (Primary and Secondary). That means they can get two types of Weapon Refit Kits and therefore it will be possible to mix-and-match (say, Phalanx secondary turrets to deal with fighters and Bombardier primaries for heavier targets).

Another idea (which will likely NOT be implemented 'cos it WILL require adding extra hardpoints to every single battleship/dreadnought model) is to add Battleship Upgrade (Close In Weapon System), which will add a bunch of rapid-firing turrets to the ship.

The truth is, I know jack all about how this thing is really done, so I'm not really sure if this idea is worth the effort. I'm only posting this because you asked. This might also require extremely careful balancing, which is a different kettle of fish altogether.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• it would be possible

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i was thinking about extending the normal RP for us merces: since a merc is normally dependend on interaction with other players and the amount of players decreased incredibly, i was thinking about to involve fictional stories based on NPC-factions. it would work like this: in the forum we (merces) write a fictional story about a kind of contract we sighned with faction X, let’s say a pirates faction like Corsairs. that contract obliges us to kill any police officer (players with police-license) in a specific area (in this case the systems where u can find Corsair bases). After a while (let’s say a month) we will have fullfilled our contract and we can switch to a new story with another faction (now maybe a police faction) and kill other roleplayers (in this case pirates). of course it is absolutely necessary to announce these contracts in the forum and additionally from time to time in space via universal chat (that could be done by GRs and EMs). smugglers could get a target for this extended RP as well (merces could hunt smugglers and fine/tax them (not with hook commands of course)).

what do u think about this idea? do u have suggestions to improve this idea?

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• I do think this would help a lot with the Merc problem of the RP side of things

but I’m not sure about the server populations

a shot out of the dark could be a few of us could try streaming our gameplay on media’s like Twitch to help maybe rope others in to play as well? Also probably could help make a few bucks on the side to help with the server or even just for yourself. Only problem is we’d need to somehow advertise it. Games like Minecraft and Fortnite have been dominating Twitch for ages, so getting in some promotion and then some viewers could be a great help with the population issue I believe

L+ Ratio

• Hmm... arbitrary role-play.

This kind of thing can tilt the power in Sirius in a specific direction, with unwanted consequences - especially now when there aren't plenty of players around. But on the other hand, if it's done carefully it can balance things out.

Having that in mind, the only thing that I am curious about is... how much political and military awareness must a merc and/or a merc clan have before deciding what faction to play next ? IMO is tricky, but fun and could lead to uh ... few real world similarities.

I have a good news and a bad news for you. The good news is that there is no bad news.