Hello ladies and gents,
As the title says it, I'm writing you this message regarding the Roleplay that we have in CF and what we can do improve it. We've had these types of discussions in the past, but didn't lead to any positive feedback (probably because we drifted away from giving the ideas and it turned into a debate), so this time I propose that whatever ideas we get, we take the best of them and start building up from there and implementing them into CF.
First off, I'll start writing you what people have suggested to me before and then I'll give my ideas because small things truly matter, it kind of reminded me just now of "Luke 16:10".
So, let's start.
1) People want to buy ammo/upgrades from every base, rather than cruise for an hour-two around Sirius (and even more if they have to travel to the other sectors) to get what they need. (Maybe except for Singleplayer, that could be ONLY for MP, after all, MP must have all of the benefits).
2) Being able to buy whatever you wish regardless if you're neutral OR friendly, of course that would be an exception if you're hostile to the base/faction. Because as it is now in CF, you must be friendly in order to buy an item or a vessel, which is kind of ridiculous because in RL at least, you don't have to be a friend to every client so you can do business with them.
3) Return of the highly rewarding trades (such as BMGs, Exploits like those in New Berlin - Stuttgart with the Prisoners), the exploits should be constants like they were before and only the BMGs should be rare (like twice a week). Also, mining should be implemented as well... yes, we do have mining now, but not as developed as it should be. My idea (ok you'll read it in the ideas section).
4) They are really tired of having their every new character having nothing (imagine if you've explored the whole CF Universe and when you make a new character, it was like all for nothing) -> I'll expand that in the Ideas section.
5) Traveling takes up too much time -> I'll expand that in the ideas section.
6) When you're driving a Capital Ship (either that be a train or a Battleship), when it hits a rock it'd be best NOT to do a 360 degree turn, but just "move-aside" -> a little optimization
Ok...so let's bring in the ideas (the proposements still count as ideas though, those were just a few that I've heard from the people).
1) What if we were to bring ALL of the CF Sectors into play? What I mean is, we don't always get to start from New York and have all of the action in Sirius. The other sectors in CF remain desolate only except if we have to go there and buy something (or take the alien weapons). Now what I propose is the following:
- If you get to start from New York, you're bound to be Liberty Affiliation and you can freely go throughout Sirius as long as you have a good reputation (also the other factions in Sirius such as the germans, japanese, britains etc. should be included as well with a starting point - the faction's HQ or home planet).
- If you start with the russians, you can freely visit Sirius as long as you buy a bribe/license because as long as I remember, the Coalition isn't really friendly with the factions of Sirius
- If you start in Sol (from Earth), as The Order... I guess the same applies.
Ok, so you get where I am going with this, right?
Now... what would be the benefits for each faction?
- Custom paint job (their ships)
- Custom license for your affiliation
- Trent's new outfit and maybe a tattoo signifying that he belongs to ____ faction.
- You get to have special missions only for your own sector (go NPC hunting) and maybe you can also hire an npc squadron to go with you on your missions, which those missions must award you well
- And maybe other things to do in your sector that you've chose to start from. Perhaps if you start off as GMG, your purpose would be to go into the Inner Core and do those 'special' missions with an npc squadron by your side that would bring you amazing rewards. Same applies for The Order, their mission is to protect Sirius from the Nomad threat, right? Let's make that a reality as well. Perhaps, if you have the option to start as a Nomad, you can do the same -> Attack Sirius.
And that is ONLY for "PvE" type of Roleplay... what if we bring the PvP part of that? o_O We'll have unending battles, hehe.
=> So, you get the idea.
- If you start off from Sirius, you should have the entire Sirius sector explored. If you want the other sectors explored as well, you might buy those 'charts/maps' from the bar. That should apply for the Altair sectors too. People told me that they don't want to keep minimizing the game and browse through the CF Wiki here on the portal in order to know where they are going, they want to have the whole map visible In-Game (like it's in the other games).
- Due to the RL of most people, they don't want to waste so much time traveling in order to get where they want to. What if we enable an FTL Drive or Teleport in specific parts of the CF Universe? At least to cut their traveling time significantly, so they can get to the action fast and... have their fun.
=> Especially a teleport would be amazing for the Arena when an event is about to begin, so they can instantly jump there and participate.
4) Bombers / Battleship-Slayers
- We currently have NO vessel or weaponry able to take out a Battleship. The only vessel you have that is able to take out a Battleship, is unfortunately your VHF - And in which you have to be really good in order to fight a battleship and even that is a boring-type of PvP.
So, what I propose is this:
- Bring back some Destroyers (like the Kusari Destroyer) and make special bombers that are agile enough and deadly enough to take out a Battleship in just 3-4 shots. Torpedos that are able to destroy it in just a few shots (3-4 should suffice). Because the best torpedo that we have available is the Coalition Torpedo and its max damage is like, what.. 30-35k? Not to mention you can't have 50 of those, but only 15-20 at best due to the weight and Battleship with the Armor Upgrade has 900k Armor, so good luck destroying one anytime soon.
- As I've already mentioned the trading, exploits and BMGs shouldn't be only in Sirius but also in the other sectors (if we get the Affiliation things working) and being able to make 100-200mil an hour or so with the exploits, with the BMGs even higher => Because people don't want to waste so much time, I guess.
ASF vs CSF should be brought back AS SOON as the Server gets populated again. And the paint jobs (for ASF/CSF) should also come into play as well, because really.. the small things matter the most.
We have all of these sectors, all of these awesome factions and stuff... just waiting to be realized and have a purpose. ^ ^
I guess that's all for now, more when I get some rest or when I do some brainstorming throughout the week. OK people, THIS IS YOUR TIME TO SHINE, time to bring those ideas of yours here and what of them we can make them possible!
In the end, all would be left is to advertise the new things throughout the internet so we can bring some people back to CF (and possible new ones), but ONLY when we make those awesome ideas a reality first.
- Yours truly,
ILIYAN (formerly Cryzis)