Crossfire 2.0

There are 302 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Peter Pampher.

• Thanks NucNuc, i'll try my best to get the server running stable. Today some players had to bear a lot of restarts - i was trying something here and there. But they were not tired to login again. Thanks for the people who support it and dont get frustrated to login every now and then after i had to restart the server. Meanwhile the server runs stable with the majorities of plugins enabled. Although not all are active. Meanwhile the server runs for more than 4 hours so without any restart. Seems i could find some bugs and solve them. Please dont stop to report them in the bugtracker. There i can keep track of the problems and work on them step by step.

So now to your questions:

Is it possible to set this "calculator" different for tax/find on the one side and "normal" PvP on the other ?
    Otherwise things like "training PvP" for clans or sometimes occurring battles (police<>pirate, maybe ASF<>CSF)
    as well as participating in some events would become for many players almost impossible.

There is currently only one parameter to define if the balance should be taken into account or not. If we deativate this then its also deactivated for the PVP. However we have an additional parameter to calculate the PVP amount that is transferred. If we deactivate this then the players will get all an equal value - which is not different for all players - means lower ranked players have an disadvantage over old and rich players. Please make an suggestion on the bugtracker again. When there is time i take care of that.
    Incorrect. There is an additional parameter already available for this. We can try to deactivate that completely. Then the amount is solely calculated by the ranks of the players. We can try that out.

Other question : how do I pay fine/tax, if I don't want to fight ?
    How can I see the amount I have to pay ? Has it to be done via usual "trading" ?
    Or is there a command to use as easy as the fining/taxing procedure ?

Ever tried the help command? :D
    I tried to comment each command and put a help text into the game. The tax/fine can be send if you either type the name of your opponent or just select the player and type /tax or /fine. Additional if you dont want to fight and just withdraw that money from your account then just type /yes. If i am not totally mistaken this is also plotted once you receive the message about being fined or taxed.
    If you just select a player and /tax or /fine him then the ammount of money is automatically calculated. But you can add a sum if you wish, so /tax 100000 for example.

signature.png

Edited once, last by Huor ().

• WELL..I,m done end all i can say is ..Amazing!
    The storyline end spatially the ending was heartbreaking end greatly written end honestly waiting for 10 years to get that ending makes wort a while .Awesome job OP,Huor end everyone in the team! This is the best Freelancer MOD by Far . You guys should be proud of that !

• Ever tried the help command?

:patsch: My bad ! ^^

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited once, last by AZ09 ().

• Question: are set rights for clan leaders chars? (tried add info for Omega-3 and it get message that do not have rights to do that :D )

/help fine ... there is info that you need to have pirate license for this :D

• we disabled clan functions a few days ago
    could be that its currently still not available

step by step

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• no
    they just dont like you

(i have no other explanation atm)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Think I've found a bug to where you go to equipment dealers and they don't deal. It just zooms out and no window or anything when you click the dealer.... first found the bug on Pittsburg

• id assume that the market files are missing on your pc for some reason

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Sorry, but theirs an issue with the enb presets or it's the launcher because when I launch the game with Sweet_FX enb, it will crash back to desktop. I know it's not the hardware in my pc because some games I play have an ENB added. Just saying it crashes when I launch with it enabled. Thanks.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: Freelancer.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.1223.11
    Application Timestamp: 00534d69
    Fault Module Name: Sweetfx_d3d9.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ee53333
    Exception Offset: 00004ba3
    Exception Code: c0000417
    Exception Data: 00000000
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 945c
    Additional Information 2: 945c1711c89970f3e552d36fa66c570e
    Additional Information 3: 6462
    Additional Information 4: 646230614d69ddbf0fc5e0c769d5f4da

Edited once, last by kaboth ().

• @kaboth - pls open a Bugtracker tkt with this info. Tks!

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• OK I get it. Presumably as of this date 11/10/14, at no time does the 4 line instruction for the FL 2.0 activation work and it seems you folks may be aware of it. The activation always fails, regardless of PC (laptop or tower) all Windows 7 based. I think others may have a better experience. But for me, there is no crossfire that works, i.e. 1.9 or 2.0. I posted a more verbose rendition in the bug listing. The activation always times out and the error always tries to write one file (C:\Program Files (X86)\ Freelancer Mod Manager\Mods Freelancer 2 - Crossfire\EXE\multiverse.dl2) TO (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Multiverse.dll). SHCopyFile failed to complete this task though I don't understand how or why it would work anyway. I removed Read Only from all relevant directories to no effect. Completely removed (after a number of hours) every instance of Freelancer, Freelancer Mod, Freelancer Mod Manager and tried again with no change.

You guys have gone way out of your way to provide a respectable and beautiful mod that should have been embraced by Microsoft - Crossfire 1.9. The quality for non-Microsoft full-time programming staff was nothing less (in my humble view) than spectacular. I tremendously enjoyed years of error-free play of this add-on. Right now, 1.9 does not work and I can't get 2.0 to install on any of my 4 computers. I have every reason to believe you folks will get it right and let us know when to try again. For now, I can only hope. Indeed, Freelancer Crossfire was a large part of my spare time. I know I'm asking for selfish reasons, but I hope you folks can get this thing working again in the same professional manner you did 1.9 originally. Thanks

defender33 - mhscrutton@yahoo.com.

• Do you have NET frameworks install in your PC ? IF not you need 3.5 +
    Do you have original Freelancer disk ?
    1.7,8,9,2.0 all works fine in windows 7 so it must be your freelancer game _ not the mod

• defender33: SHScopy error issue can have only 2 reasons: 1st is copy protection and second is corrupted file (failed mod installation). There are not any other reasons. Have you please followed guide posted in FAQ? (second line).

I installed CF more times on two PC (win 7 64bit) and never experienced issue with shs copy. Please check file sizes for your setup file and freelancer folder, they should be similar (Crossfire 2.0 )

• My turn, probably doing something wrong. I'm trying out the singleplayer version. Installed ok, i've talked to Juni, got my starflier, ready to meet King in space, pressed launch and.... nothing happens. My Starflier won't move. Any tips?

***** EDIT *****
    Looks like the launch icon is de-activated for some reason

Just tried in multiplayer as well, can't launch from Manhattan, other players on the server so it must be something my end, baffled

• Gibbon: just tried new start to be rly sure and all works here. There may be security trigger not allow you launch until you do not visit bar and equipment room. But after talks you should normaly takeoff like I just tried. Have you some old save in save-folder?