Genesis 1.2 mod released!

There are 39 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gibbon.

• Genesis 1.2 has been released.

Open Single Player version, DOWNLOAD HERE: Genesis 1.1 OSP download - Mod DB

Multiplayer version, DOWNLOAD HERE: Genesis 1.2 MP download - Mod DB

The Genesis mod is an addon mod for Freelancer by Digital Anvil/Microsoft that works in Open Single Player or Multiplayer, putting you into the game just after the original campaign has finished.

The mod adds many new features and is based around events just after the storyline finishes. With many new ships to fly, places to explore, items to trade in a simulated dynamic economy in singleplayer or multiplayer. Many new systems have been added plus other items of interest, plus a full visual enhancement of the game with HD textures and widescreen support.

THE MOD DETAILS

The Genesis mod is a major revamp of the original Freelancer code. I've gone through each system and altered things as i'd like to see them, fixed numerous original errors and added in plenty of missing items from the original game. There are various updates which visually enhance the game including in no special order,

- All planets and suns resized and made much larger to give a sense of scale
    - Updated and enhanced planet textures
    - Original systems - Omicron Minor, Tohoku, Alaska can now be accessed and are fully working
    - New systems - Omicron Kappa, Omicron Delta, Tortuga, Omega 13
    - Black and silver interface added - Maverick
    - HD replacement starspheres - Hunor - Köszönöm szépen :)
    - New Trent textures - Hunor
    - New Icons and Interface buttons - Hunor
    - New HD textures for all asteroid models by Gibbon
    - Brand new icons for everything in game - Gibbon
    - New tradelanes - JSNCalif - Rebuilt by Gibbon
    - Custom jumpholes - Cheese On Toast
    - New Menu screens - Ruppetthemuppet - modified to taste by Gibbon
    - New Menu screen - Chips - modified to taste by Gibbon
    - New realistic lighting for all the systems
    - New encounters for all the systems. All original encounters and patrol paths have been removed with new ones added
    - New weapons available and others updated
    - New commodities to trade and new places to trade them
    - Simulated dynamic economy (Open Single Player ONLY)
    - New factions added and some of the original ones have returned
    - New music for all the pirate bars - Marc Pullen & Mortice
    - Aldebaran's Plastic Surgery Kit - Aldebaran
    - 16 new engine effects - Gibbon
    - Battleship encounters
    - Ambient explosions and battledust - Why485
    - Widescreen support - Now updated so HUD and all elements align correctly - Adoxa

CUSTOM SHIPS - 61 SHIPS - 51 FLYABLE

AUTHOR - MODEL

3DHeaven - Banzaimaru
    3DRT - Addanc
    3DRT - Denizen
    3DRT - Narwahl
    3DRT - Nimrod
    3DRT - Platypus
    3DRT - Stinger
    3DRT - Peccary
    3DRT - Boar
    3DRT - Warthog
    3DRT - Razorback
    AngryFly - Beetle Freighter
    AngryFly - Typhoon
    Astral Prime Studios - Cougar
    Astral Prime Studios - Coyote
    Astral Prime Studios - Hornet
    Astral Prime Studios - Hyena
    Astral Prime Studios - Jackal
    Astral Prime Studios - Starviper
    Awts0c - Zorg
    Digital Anvil - Samurai - Flyable original model
    Digital Anvil - Starblazer - Flyable original model
    Digital Anvil - Defender II - Flyable original model
    Digital Anvil - CSV - Flyable original model
    Digital Anvil - Megatrain - (Original unused model)
    Fuzzball - Cerberus Battleship
    Godzero - Firefly 'Serenity' Freighter
    Griff - Pirate Gunboat
    Griff - Pirate Cruiser
    JSNCalif - Scarab Freighter (Large & Small)
    JSNCalif - Colugo
    JSNCalif - Goliath
    JSNCalif - DeLorean Admin Ship
    Kasida - CTE Liberty paint scheme
    LordFjord - Liberty Gunship
    Mancer - Hayabusa
    Mancer - Bloodhound II
    Mancer - Mule II
    Mancer - Rhino II
    Mancer - Sabretooth
    Mancer - Wolfhound II
    Mancer - Valkyrie II
    Mhonolog(noire) - Border Worlds camouflage paintscheme
    Nightstalker - Nomad Cruiser
    Panther X - Hellhound - from mknote's ship pack
    Panther X - Hatamoto - from mknote's ship pack
    Panther X - Konoe Shidan - from mknote's ship pack
    Rimshot - Waran Freighter
    Scarecrow - Razid Space Creature
    SolCommand - Hippo Freighter - Made from the 'Vandal' modular ship pack for the Genesis mod
    SolCommand - Hippo Freighter GLX - Made from the 'Vandal' modular ship pack for the Genesis mod
    SolCommand - Hippo Freighter Deluxe - Made from the 'Vandal' modular ship pack for the Genesis mod
    SolCommand - Hippo Interceptor - Made from the 'Vandal' modular ship pack for the Genesis mod
    SolCommand - Hippo Invader - Made from the 'Vandal' modular ship pack for the Genesis mod
    SolCommand - Hippo Intruder - Made from the 'Vandal' modular ship pack for the Genesis mod
    SolCommand - Hippo Fleut - Made from the 'Vandal' modular ship pack for the Genesis mod
    SolCommand - Mae Arae Freighter
    SolCommand - Simian Cruiser - (retextured Ghost cruiser)
    SolCommand - Sleeper Ship
    xXx - Pachyderm Freighters - Remodelled by Whitestar - Retextured by Gibbon
    Yedan - Serafina Freighter

All of the models, including the custom station models, have been modified in some way by me. They have all been re-hardpointed, some have had their textures modified in some way, in some cases parts added to them. All the models have had custom sur files made for them.

CUSTOM STATIONS

SolCommand - Kono Station model
    AngryFly - AF Station 01
    JSNCalif - JSN Station
    JSNCalif - JSN Docking Bay
    Griff - Asteroid Base model
    Griff - Pirate Base

RANDOM STUFF

JSNCalif - New tradelane model
    Louva Deus - Planetary Beacon
    Nephilim - Omega 13 system plus my own custom additions
    RIP Team - Borrowed a couple of your planets, Cord and Rides. Appreciate the loan
    SWAT_OP-R8R - Loan of the updated vanilla planet textures from Crossfire, much appreciated
    adoxa - Various tools, hacks and enhancements
    Cold Void - Price randomizer for singleplayer

CUSTOM MUSIC

New custom music for all the pirate bars created by Marc Pullen. Originals free to download from here: Marc A. Pullen – Free listening, concerts, stats, & pictures at Last.fm
    Other custom music by Mortice: Mortice Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos
    Buy the album 'Mayhem' at all good online retailers including iTunes, Amazon and many others. See Mortice in the popular console game, ROCK BAND 3!!

If you have any issues with this mod or wish to report a bug, click on the html link included with the mod and post on my forum, or feel free to post in the Genesis thread here at the portal as it is checked regularly :)

• Gibbon: can be created here on portal Gallery section with pics from your mod? ... some ss which I saw on MODB was rly awesome. And it can also give ppl much better idea what all you put together.

• :) You have two choices. First is use your personal gallery which you can access via your profile (and this is working without problem), or second is ask OP about creating new "Genesis" section here: index.php?page=Gallery2&g2_itemId=73# (... but I see there were removed access rights, so dunno how it can be used right now :( )

And here is something for ppl who not visit Mod DB .. this video looks great :thumbup:

Genesis Mod Promotional Video - Mod DB
  • very nice sceneries

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• As with a large project and a one man setup, (ME), nothing is perfect. A couple of tiny errors have surfaced, pointed out to me by one of my own forum members and with some simple editing, can be easily fixed. If you click on the hyperlink included with the mod that takes you to my forum, follow the simple instructions in the Genesis 1.0 bugs section, and the errors will go away.

@R@F1

I've been writing mods and making ship packs for years, but as anyone who knows me will tell you, i normally work on my own. That said, i've had a number of RL issues to deal with over the last year which means i haven't had time to deal with anything Freelancer related during that time. I wrote Genesis over a year ago and been sitting on it all this time. OP knows if he needs help with anything, he only has to ask, but to become a full time member of the team is unlikely due to my current RL situation, which while steady is hardly settled.

• Moved to Freelancer News (sry forget do it earlier), now thread appear also here on Portal page.

Link for bugs report on Gibbon site: Gizmo Studios Forum - Home (Note: for downloading attachments you need be logged in).

Some rly nice detailed ships screenshots: Gizmo Studios Forum - Home

• Good work! Good to see that the test is performed after the work is done! I have been playing with it, and I want to play multiplayer with it as well. I hope this can become a reality as soon as possible!
    I really like the enlarged planets, ships and planets in the elaboration of the lighting systems. Good luck to the mod.

• Glad you like the mod. Don't forget there are four little fixes worth applying which are in the Genesis bugs thread on my forum, really simple to apply and help a lot with stability. I've included downloads for all four files, simply follow the instructions and replace those that came with the mod with the new ones i've done :)

• I have played your mod for 16 hours or so. Great stuff! can you convert it to a multi player format? Not related to your MOD but a issue with crossfire mod became corrupted while attempting to switch mods in flmm. Had to reload everything. Wish crossfire was more robust and able to handle activation/deactivation process.

• Well the good news for those wondering about a multiplayer version is that it's almost ready. Everytime i think i'll release it i find something to fix, but it really isn't far off now. I'll also release a new version of the OSP version as well which will have all the fixes from the MP version that apply to the OSP version. The MP version will include various features including player banking, cloaks, custom join messages, gender recognition and many other features :)

• Good news then, and let's see how you can make female players work, as in having the female aspect and voice on the server.

Everytime i think i'll release it i find something to fix,

Yes, that always happens, some fix, or little improvement here and there :) So it's normal.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis