looking for good ships

There are 74 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• i never said 'massive burst damage' i said 'decent DPS'

i just got skyblast b rank 9s and seem to be satisfied (for now) with how easily i hit, ill definitely get those 1k+ proj. spd guns if i can

i seem to have eyes for
    Coalition Gatling - Lexicon - SWAT Portal

W'ar-sy Propulsor - Lexicon - SWAT Portal

Ther'hon Canon - Lexicon - SWAT Portal

but none of my ship choices have seem to have all 6/10 guns, i hope i can be satisfied with 2/9, 4/10 (also hope its good enough for taking down those difficult enemies you guys keep talking about)

• You can try also use two weapons groups .. One with all 6 guns and second one with 4 lvl 10. (btw Skyblast are good :)) You can easily sw between those groups by pressing one key (check keys setup, you can set there any key which will fit you best)

• Yes, the Coalition Gattling is the one I mentioned at Murmansk, the other 2, are the ones I mentioned at the Inner Core aliens, and that you already need top equipment before going there, else you won't survive it.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• They are Sirius missiles, don't make any ideas, since Coalition doesn't have their blueprints, and also the reason why they can't sell ammo for those missiles :D

The best Coalition has ,for level 9 slots, are Jackhammer missiles (eww) ^^

Actually I meant "Coalition space again", because you will have to go to Yakutsk (Coalition system) to get these.
    Neme/Cata are made in Sirius? Then please explain their appearence on Coalition wrecks in Yakutsk system. And why I can't get these in Sirius.
    Explain why Coalition don't sell ammo? Easily. Those launchers you saw in Yakutsk were the prototypes. Prototypes were lost and their creation, as well as the creation of ammo, was ceased (BAD idea BTW :thumbdown: ). Other variant: they are only for special forces. And ammo sells are restricted for civilians.
    Reason why did they got to Sirius? Spies, probably loss of "reloader" to Corsairs, etc, etc...
    I need first to understand why the hell should I care.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited 3 times, last by Ajay: F... reasons ().

For PvP is most common use mix guns, missiles, CDs and Torps. Missile users use 3-4 missiles, 1-2CDs or CDs and Torpedo (depend about ship hard-points available for this). Gunners use often 4 guns, two missiles and two CDs.

so this is the typical build usage that this mod focuses on? in the new patch do you plan on adding more different builds, maybe not ships, ships, ships but weapons too?
    like a low DPS heat seeking gun (i remember something similar in galaxy on fire 2) or a "sniper" (good range, speed, damage but very low fire rate) type of gun

any of these ships have 6/10 guns?
    index.php?page=LexiconItem&id=309

index.php?page=LexiconItem&id=80

index.php?page=LexiconItem&id=310

index.php?page=LexiconItem&id=49

index.php?page=LexiconItem&id=492

index.php?page=LexiconItem&id=137

index.php?page=LexiconItem&id=91

index.php?page=LexiconItem&id=89

index.php?page=LexiconItem&id=483

Edited once, last by xrook: b ().

• From those, yes, Ceptyr is. I actually recommend it as I also have one char using that ship :D But for NPCs hunting. I also have several chars with Redemption, but as well, not for fighting players.

[...] you can pick one of the few ships that have 6 level 10 gun slots to go "all guns" for handling NPCs (Non-Player Characters) in the storyline. There are three in Custodian, Bullpup MK III and Ceptyr and another one which I'll let you discover it (it's red-ish), one in Tarsus, Redemption, and 2 more around the Sirius sector :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I like the Deimos, of those with the 6x lv 10 guns...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Well, test them and form your own opinion. 10M per ship isn't that big of an expense.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• yeah, i know i find it weird at first that the earnings spiked way too high, till i found the new ships are given a big price tag

• wow, this is somewhat messed up... after seeing KING in his new ship equipped with the 300 regen shield i looked it up to see it is in hiruga system... wanted to go there trough the chigoku system but now im stuck there and not let me get into any of the warpholes after recieving the msg (DOCK INTO NOMAD GATE)

why am i forced to follow the mission waypoint instead of the typical "best-path" waypoint thats being used in the original content, i have to back to the waypoint i missed just lead me to the next one

• Y u no do that (Adv. Champion shield I mean) after vanilla mission 8 or even earlier? (You WILL HAVE to get very much money, 7-8M, but that's what Oasis/Sea Of Shadows and prisons for). And you will be able to get a decent ship after mission 2 (Werewolf, any of these ships in Oasis/Sea Of Shadows, so on).
    Just ignore that annoying b[CENSORED]ch (read: Juni) as long as possible.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• im currently using a phoenix filled with skyblasters b rank 9 and a rank 10 shield that has 240 regen, untill i met KING in the crossfire SP mission i wasnt aware of the 300 regen shield, in lexicon that same shield's info is regen is 240

but that doesnt change the fact that the way how crossfire handles the mission waypoints, just a simple reroute turn buggy

• There is a limit on how many missions the game can handle in total, and the original game already was near that limit. So the Crossfire story continuation was made in nearly a single run.

It is like a chain of triggers in a mission, and you have to go to the waypoint it says to get the next trigger, which could be a nomad attack at that spot, or another waypoint, and so on.
    Once in this run, after finishing the original story, you have to continue the chain as it says, it is too late for going to explore on yourself or for trying to outsmart the waypoints route. You miss a trigger, the next one won't appear, as simple as that.

There are many things locked within the game's engine, that can only be grasped/touched a bit without the game's source code which was never released, no matter there were votings to release it, they didn't want to accept it. And there won't be any Freelancer 2, so the case is hopeless.

• If u not tried until now STRIKE EAGLE is from far the best ship u are loking for..try it and u will be extraordinary pleased...... :pflaster:

• so you guys cant do the "best path" when making your crossfire quests?

• we cant do something that is not supported by the game engine

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• did some work around and digital anvil a dissolved company so im really not gonna expect a freelancer 2, sad seeing that this is one of the best space sims ive played so far, although it kinda lack the "innovative" weaponry the other games have.
    to think by now someone would have atleast bought the rights to the freelancer title

my only complaint about the vanilla content is
    lack of "innovative" weaponry
    lack of ship upgrades (crossfire added some of that but needs more variants)
    lack of longer story... halfway of the story was rushed without giving me time to breath and explore

Edited 2 times, last by xrook: . ().