Ajay's Story thread

There are 31 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ajay.

• Inspired by some CFPD reports and Sirius Network News, thanks for Husker and Portalearth.
    Intercepted encrypted channel. Message caught by a Order drone in Sol system, seem to be linked with Transdimesional rift. Destination point of message is a file server on [DATA EXPUNGED] carrier. Appendage to the file [DATA CORRUPTED], Diary.dok.
    "Once again. As usual. Opening a sensor pad and entering security code - stream of expletives, Ajay's style. Enter. Pre-recorded voice turns on.
    -Подождите... Ожидаем авторизации... Личность подтверждена, _______ И.И.- кодовое имя Аджай. Проверка систем.
    Жизнеобеспечение работает.
    Системы радара, РЭБ и связи активированы.
    Проверка идентификационных кодов завершена.
    Двигатели и ускорители в норме.
    Орудийные системы готовы.
    Ракетная установка "Немезида" заряжена.
    Торпедная установка "Солнцеубийца" ожидает цели.
    Блокиратор движения "Москит" готов к запуску.
    Установка самонаводящихся мин готова к постановке.
    Ложные тпловые цели инициализированы.
    Щит "Чемпион-у" готов к запуску.
    Доступ к батареям щита и наноботам готов.
    Системы управления инициализированы.
    Чайный пакетик заряжен в кружку, чай будет готов в ближайшее время.
    CNS "И-939 Бродяга", истребитель космического превосходства класса "Василиск" полностю готов к взлету.
    (-Please stand by... Awaiting authorisation... Pilot confirmed, _______ I.I, Codename Ajay. System check.
    Life support working.
    Radar, ECM and uplink systems activated.
    FFI codes check completed.
    Engines and thrusters fine.
    "Nemesis" missile launcher loaded.
    "Sunslayer" torpedo launcher awaiting target.
    "Mosquito" CD ready for launch.
    Homing mines ready to be dropped.
    False heat targets initialised.
    "Adv. Champion" shield is ready to launch.
    Access to nanobots and shield batteries is ready.
    Piloting systems initialized.
    Teabag is loaded to cup and tea will be ready as soon as possible.
    CNS "I-939 Stranger" "Basilisk"- class Space Superiority fighter is completely ready to take off.)
    Navigational map... F*ck, where I am? Let me guess... The Westfalen... Yeah, right. Westfalen. Time to leave this hellhole.
    Uplinking to Coalition Flight Controls, to get an access to a superlong range scaners. Gorlowka carrier asks for authorisation, again. Take it, f*xors. OK. Hi, colleauge, get me the direct uplink to scaners and can be free. Well, ALL of those intel officers are f*xing lazy. I know, I've been one. Well... Scaners here, that's good!
    Coalition FTL scaners show two pilots in Dervon system. FFL codes... Thelostone and Husker? Ah, a friend! Maybe he needs my help. Gonna ask him.
    -"Need any support, m8?"
    -"If you want - join"
    -"OK, "Flying tank" is on the move".
    Coordinates... Hamburg ->Frankfurt->Sigma13->Sigma17->Theta->Omega 41->Utopia->Dervon. All systems are flakking green. Okay, bye, old piece of junk called "Westfalen Battleship".
    Some minor confrontations with corsairs and Outcasts. I eat them for a lunch in Vega.
    Taking a cup full of tea. Cup is marked "Chrysantemum Killer No.1 - Coalition Space Navy Praporshik Ivan "Ajay" K.". The gift from Myoko Battleship captain... And BTW, Space Navy ALREADY needs to promote me. At least High Praporshik. Or Low Lieutenant.
    Well... Omega-41. Never liked this hellhole. A Chernobyl of the Sirius Sector. Utopia jump hole... here it is. flying there.
    Arrived on Bismarck battleship. At that moment Husker seem to take a mission on GMG base. Heading to Dervon.
    -"OK, Dervon, here I go!"
    When I arrived, Husker and Thelostone, were fighting with ancienst UAV. OK, time for my Gatlings to heat up!
    I picked up a drone and fired a torpedo at it. Oh, time to meet a REAL challenge!
    After a mission we decided to fly at open space and fight wave after wave...
    Thelostone had a "bad" equipment, so he hoped to get some ancient energy cannons. Husker got a graphic lag on the consoles on his Saracen.
    Once Thelostone was heavily damaged - he activated an emergency warp drive that took him back to GMG station, and then... Then all of the fire was dropped to my Basilisk. Maneuvering as fast as this piece of armor can, I was trying to survive. All bats gone. After another wave we decided to fall back
    I checked a cargo hold. WOW, 4 Ancient Energy Cannons! I gifted them to Thelostone and we headed back to Utopia. Husker had landed on Triangulum and said that he has a things to do.
    I had reloaded a tea cup and left Triangulum. Everything great, heading back to Vega. Thelostone had joined me.
    In Omicron Alpha I was caught by a big group of outcasts. As again, those s*xors were downed.
    I entered Vega and landed on Peris. Hi again, old station.
    OK, time to go and relax. Turning off engines and light and reconfiguring main seat in cockpit, turning it to bed.
    Flask is almost empty, and there is no one place in all this Sirius where good vodka is made. Making another daymark on cockpit. And I am already thinking about return to home. I don't care if Murmansk somewhere looks like an industrial hell. I don't care if that planet has a huge hole to it's center that no one knows what will happen to planet later. I don't care if Rouges sometimes show themselves near the main city. I just don't care. I saw Earth. I saw Manhattan. I saw New Tokyo. I saw very many planets, and didn't liked them as much as my home planet."

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited 3 times, last by Ajay: f... reasons ().

• In brackets there is an translation :) This one:
    (-Please stand by... Awaiting authorisation... Pilot confirmed, _______ I.I, Codename Ajay. System check.
    Life support working.
    CNS "I-939 Stranger" "Basilisk"- class Space Superiority fighter is completely ready to take off.)

And moreover: if somebody will consider Rafi's reply as spam - go fu... You understood.

• Nope, that was in russian version just because... Because it was said by ship's internal computer. And where is ship made? ;)

• Intercepted by Coalition long-range scanners. Initial placement on source: Weth system(lolwut). Destinaton of the message: Gorlowka carrier, file server. Appendage to file "[DATA CORRUPTED]_AJAY_K_Diary.dok.
    Waking up in cockpit again and taking a cup of coffee. Then taking one of sensor pads. Password... again. Well, after some seconds the ship begins to live. And pre-recorded voice tells the same f*cking systems check.
    -Подождите... Ожидаем авторизации... Личность подтверждена, _______ И.И.- кодовое имя Аджай. Проверка систем.
    ВНИМАНИЕ: Неизвестные сигнатуры на орудийных слотах 3 и 4. Обновление базы... База обновлена, орудия типа "В'ар-си Пропульсор" готовы.
    Установка самонаводящихся мин готова к постановке.
    Ложные тпловые цели инициализированы.
    ВНИМАНИЕ: осталось 10 пакетиков чая. Хватит не более, чем на день.
    Список воспроизведения загружен в плейер CoalAmp.
    CNS "И-939 Бродяга", истребитель космического превосходства класса "Василиск" полностю готов к взлету.
    (TRANSLATION:
    -Please stand by... Awaiting authorisation... Pilot confirmed, _______ I.I, Codename Ajay. System check.
    Life support working.
    Weapon systems ready.
    ATTENTION: Unknown signatures on gun slots 3 and 4. Database update... Database updated, guns of "W'ar-sy Propulsor" type ready.
    ATTENTION: 10 teabags remaining. Will be enough for no more than 1 day.
    CoalAmp music player playlist loaded.
    Well, well... Again, where I am... Ooops, that's Mirtrrak Battle Station! Sh*t, that's scary...
    All weaponry I had on stores is already in Sirius. That means - nothing holds me here. Checking navigational map.
    Three phases. First is from Weth to Phanchdar, then to Hyperspace. Second - from Menton to Gurm. Third - from Sovetskaya to Yakutsk. Forth - from Lower unknown to whereever you want in Sirius.
    Trying to uplink to Gorlowka carrier, to get any information about ships in a known universe.
    Well... Dom'Kavash are nice guys. They allowed me to use their Hypergate to uplink.
    Uplink initialized. Seeing a somewhat scared face of my former colleague. OK, guy, why so slow? Newer saw a Dom'Kavash station? Move your hands upon that keyboard, i need those scanners.
    Checking the cargo hold. Lol wut? 1 W'ar-sy, 1 Kelyrd-ray, 2 Nyses'o and 2 Que-irtor. So, "final" stop is Liberty.
    OK. Taking off and flying to Trawtai. Waving to the Mirtrrak (it is a living being, co it needs to be said "bye-bye") and docking to trade lane.
    Well, docking to Hypergate in Phanchdar... Wait. Daily Ion Storm will be after 90 minutes! F*CK!!!
    Faster, more faster! OK, Menton is behind, flying through Scotia.
    04:39...
    04:41 - leaving Scotia...
    04:44... BASILISK Y U NO FLY FASTA???
    04:46 - Leaving Tonga...
    04:50... DOM'KAVASH MOTHERF*CKERSHIP, STOP STALKING MEEEE!
    04:55 - leaving Pretoria. F*ck, 160 K!!!
    04:58 - putting seat back to relax. "Stranger" three engines are heating the space behind me...
    05:00 - leaving Lemnos. 1 hour before storm.
    05:05 - in Hieron. Come on, my fidel Basilisk! Go faster!
    05:10 - leaving Hieron. Gurm... Gurm is not a place for stupid writing, nomads are everywhere!
    05:18 - jumping to Sovetskaya. Landing on Gorlowka carrier, Ew, I'm safe. And FINALLY - I can refill my vodka stock.
    Opening the cockpit, ulocking a seatbelt and jumping out from the ship. And the first place I'm heading is... bar.
    Taking the seat near window and looking to space. Seeing a planet Murmansk in the window... Time to visit home again.
    After some time an old officer, [DATA EXPUNGED], captain of Gorlowka, comes to bar and notices me.
    -Hey, that's our "Cultural emissary"! Ivan, where dafaq you've been all this time?
    -Deep Space exploration, what else? - I answered.
    -Man, how about return back to the intelligence officer seat? The Fighter Corps are loosing fighting spirit after you left! They f*cking need your humour and your watchful eye! Oh, and moreover... What the flak is one of "Basilisks" doing on the landing pad?
    -Sorry, I didn't told? - I was almost enraged. - That's MY "Basilisk". Code - I-939 "Stranger". The two expeditions to Galactic Core and a reputation of fail-less ship.
    -B*tch please? You are now a fighter pilot?
    -More like a freelance. These are all of the documents.
    -Oh, that's what... I can guess you are still fill the role of "emissary", right?
    -Yes.
    -Then okay. And, you said about Galactic core expedition?
    I began to speak about all I saw and met in Inner Core. I can say... that man was impressed.
    -Now sorry. I want to find a time to visit my home.
    -Okay, Ivan. Have luck.
    I thanked him and returned to ship. Ion storm has passed and the speakers announced that onboard of all carrier. After some time I took off from carrier and headed to Murmansk.

I landed my ship on Planet Murmansk and headed to my flat. I don't think I will return back to Sirius. That is already boring there. But, from the other side, i have my orders.
    I got a bath, got a glass of vodka and then gone to bed. And I am definitely don't want to fly anywhere. Well, Gorlowka captain says not a bad things. I think I would return back to my previous occupation."

Appendage of Order.
    We did NOT found any other transmission from such an IFF already for a three month.

Edited once, last by Ajay: . ().

• Intercepted by Order drone. An information of the message is seems to be encrypted and words "F*ck you bloody bastards for f*cking with my diary!" Message text:
    Waking up in cockpit again and taking a cup of coffee. Then taking one of sensor pads. Password... again. Well, after some seconds the ship begins to live. And pre-recorded voice tells the same f*cking systems check.
    ВНИМАНИЕ: Орудия типа "В'ар-си Пропульсор" не являются человеческой технологией. Подтверждение о "дружественности к пользователю" отсутствует в главной базе данных полетов.
    Установка самонаводящихся мин "Раскрытие" готова к постановке.
    Ложные тепловые цели инициализированы.
    Список воспроизведения загружен в плейер CoalAmp.
    (TRANSLATION:
    -Please stand by... Awaiting authorisation... Pilot confirmed, _______ I.I, Codename Ajay. System check.
    Life support working.
    Weapon systems ready.
    ATTENTION: Guns of "W'ar-sy Propulsor" type are not of human origin. They have no approval of being "user-friendly" from a Flight Database.
    Homing "Revelation" mines ready to be dropped.
    CoalAmp music player playlist loaded.
    Where am I again? Aomori station... Sh*t, what the f*ck i am doing here, in Kusari? Well... I can guess that's my favorite hobbies as known as "fly where you look".
    Taking off and flying to New Tokyo. As usually, I don't even know where to fly. Don't even know what to do.
    Is this world became so boring, or that is just me? Or it WAS so boring from the very beginning?
    Well... There still are places I didn't visited yet. Well... I always wanted to visit Gaia. And Curacao. And Baden-Baden.
    Even me, Coalition officer (Yes, I am an officer now, was promoted even to Lieutenant before returned to Sirius) need some luxury rest. And I don't care if there is a probability of command hanging me by my ass because of joining the capitalistic society. I earned my money by my own blood and toil.
    Found an Edinburgh Jump Hole in Tau-31. Patrol map is a f*cking good thing, IMHO.
    Landed on Shetland and left ship. Feel like an alien: everybody is staring at the emblem (dragon with sword on the background of eight-ended star) that is posed on my uniform, left to the chest. And at my F*CKHUEG nerdy spectacles. And at my ship.
    Coming to bar and ordering a glass of vodka. Yes, everybody is f*cking staring at me, i wonder if one of Dom'Kavash had came here instead of me, he/she/it would get more attention.
    -I guess no one knows yet that we are still alive... - I said to the bartrender.
    -Well... I need to sorry, but most of Sirius people thinks about Coalition as about the aggressors.
    -Reason I rarely leave cockpit of my ship. So, listen. Can you tell me where I can get a holiday tour on the board of this liner? For a two days?
    -Hmmm... There are the tour orders taken. Get your personnel documents ready.
    Well, I took one tour. I can say that never had seen such a guessed face like tour administrator had, when I showed him my RFID card (which showed that I am a Coalition Space Navy officer).
    Both two days were f*cking boring. But at least I:
    finally got a relax and (record for me at the time) two days out from cockpit.
    Got a nice picts of planet Gaia's surface.
    And understood that well-known Scotch Whiskey is a bit stronger than our vodka (and learned that they will never begin to make a true vodka here in Sirius. It's 40 percents, not your 38, assholes).
    Then I decided that I still did not visited Sea Of Shadows. After the tour ended I got back to the ship and headed there. Well... there were times when I even slept in my ship in open space...
    But Utrack needed help in New London, so I headed there. I was taxed by THE-ONE, but only for 1 mil (Heh, he could just ask nicely...) and helped Utrack to get a huge load of IC guns to storage and then moved to Liberty space. On the way I got to Cortez (I had never been there before). Then I got to the Sea of Shadows, got captured some CODENAME guns and returned them to Texas... fukken boring.
    So, what I need to do now? the universe is turning soo boring...
    But some Order bastards are intercepting my flakking diary! NO WAI. Now I will use my ECM systems. Deal with it, f*x0rs.

Author's words: Say truth, you didn't missed me :)

• Won't be doing this it a two places. Just doing a link to my blog.
    http://www.swat-portal.com/php…y&userID=16607&entryID=51

• Gorlowka carrier.
    Low deck 2E.
    Firing range segment.

"BLAM-BLAM-BLAM-BLAM-BLAM!" - another short stream of rocket-assisted bullets had left barrel of AGS-3 gyrojet and hit the dummy target.
    As usual, only one of 5 micro-rockets hit the very center. Other ones spreaded around, but not leaving the big round on the target.
    -Well, much better... - I murmured to myself and put the gun to the table. - Enough for me, thanks. - I said to the firing range watcher.
    -Okay, Ajay. You're doing it much better!
    I left the firing range and begun to thinking about the fastest and the less crowded way to my working room.
    Yes, after New Year I somehow returned to Sirius. I don't remember how, because I had a really strong hangover. Note for myself: "Basilisk" is ideal to fly when being too slowed by a headache. So, I wandered around Sirius for 5-6 days and... found a company to Inner Core, again.
    5.01, late afternoon by a Murmansk time.

I joined a group with some fighter aces. Callsigns GrandAndreas, Azimut, Mozzi, EvGenius and Chimera. We fought aliens. We were morally supporting each others. Actually, I could say I live for this now.
    I spent a night on the battle station and then... Then I decided to return to home. And, after some time I am stuck here, on the board of Gorlowka carrier, again. I am again here, where I, K______ Ivan Ivanovitch, got my new work and my callsign "Ajay". I am on the start again.
    But I am not going to end where I begun. No one said that it's an end of Ajay's career. And I am NOT going to stop.
    My way was lying through fighter hangars. Something dragged me to one of them. I entered it.
    A big ship (even if I knew that's average sized fighter) was standing there. Flat vertical nose and flat horizontal back with three engines.
    And the sign on one of the nose sides.
    "И-939 Бродяга" ("I-939 Stranger").
    -Oh man... That's you, my old buddy? - I said and came closer to the ship.
    Yes. Even through I still keep a keys and stuff to pilot this ship, it has been dragged here, away from the main flight deck.
    -Let me see, did they cared about you... Of course, no. - I was murmuring, talking to my ship. - This old scrap left by Savage W'ar-sy is still here, even though it can be welded. This one... Well, the Que-irtor "wounds" are not the ones to be easily fixed... Hmmm... The painting is so sharped... the IC dust leaves no chance...
    I opened the cockpit and got there.
    -Oh... I don't know will we ever see the action again... But if we will, we'll show what we're made of, right?
    -Hey, who's here? - somebody said.
    -That's me, Ajay. I was visiting my ship.
    -Oh, that's your ship - the same voice said. That was one of the repairers on the board of Gorlowka. - Sorry comrade, I had not enough time to fix the paintings and stuff... You know, one guy had just returned with almost naked ass from Gurm... Azan is shitty, mate, believe me.
    -So, you were just going to fix all of these?
    -I saw you talking to your ship... I entered the hangar right after you. So I am gonna to make your "buddy" look like just out from the shipyard!
    -Good deal - I said to the man and shaken his hand.
    After some time of work... I was thinking that was the day I bought my ship. It was sparkling, clean and had a better paintwork. Even some early scarps left by Dom'Kavash cannons right after I bought ship, were welded.
    -Ta dah! So, "Speaking Head", you wanna rock the space now? - repairman said, showing the well-cared ship.
    -You won't believe HOW. - I said. - Let me do a test drive...

• Got hit by an inspiration some days ago.

Some days after battle for Sol, not long before Blinch's discovery in Nephele.
    Commanding deck of Gorlowka carrier.
    -Comrade commander, we had received transmission from a High Command. - Elena Davidova, one of intelligence officers of Gorlowka, had turned to a commander.
    -Let me take a look, Elena.
    -Wait a minute.
    Holoscreen turned on.
    -Commander Alexeev, this is Coalition High Command. We have some news. We had found a CNS Stalin sleeper ship. One of our spies was following a smuggler Jack Blinch in the space taken by Alliance. He found a CNS Stalin and contacted its captain. Here is our mission: You need to send the best fighter escort - two flights of Workers' 31st squadron - with two "Anatov" class nanny ships and "Scimitar"-class repair ship. We think that we will be unable to use any "Berijev"-class cruiser to assist you in this operation, but we have outfitted one fighter of the "Basilisk" class with all necessary equipment. It is close to end of its "warranty", and we have idea for you to get any of intelligence officer that is also have some piloting capabilities. It is very dangerous, so he or she has narrow chances to survive after Styx system.
    Mission details, for a mission participants: Contact nannys and repairship in Vorkuta and move to Yakutsk, then use Transdimesional rift. You will need to use a cloak to reach system they call Nephele, but, due to low activity in those systems, do it only near highly active points. Then, when you will contact CNS Stalin, you will have to drop the cloak. Intelligence ship will have to turn on ECM radar field and cover the area of operations. Then you will pick up all sleepers and take everything that's possible from a ship, and imitate a nomad attack on it, so if they'll find it,. After you've done this, wait for cloak to recharge, move to systems called "Inner Cloud", "The Corridor", then "New London" and "Dublin". You are supposed to use a jumphole from NL to Dublin, because the New London is very active. From Dublin, move to Hyperion, and then to Sol system. Sol system is active because of recolonisation, but that activity barely includes Jupiter. From Saturn, move to Transdimesional rift that will get you to Styx. When you'll be close enough to rift, your messager must send a transmission to Gorlowka, so we will be able to relocate the reinforcements.
    You will need two weeks for training. Inform the intelligence ship pilot now, so he could at least take care about the simulator training.
    This mission is very important. We need recourses and combatants.
    After the mission will be finished, all of the participants will have to take amnesiacs. We don't want a leak, but we can't allow such a luxury as an "information carrier termination"."
    -Well, who I need to inform about that mission now? - Elena said. - I am afraid we will need someone who is expendable.
    -I have one idea. - commander said.
    He got up from the chair and looked into the window.
    -Callsign Ajay. Inform that one, but don't say that's almost suicide mission. Also, inform Flyagin about it. Say him that one of his guys will have to begin from empty place, and order him to create a simulator pod tweak for a "Basilisk" with all of this equip.

-Woke the other day
    And saw my world has changed.
    The past is over but tomorrow's wishful thinking... - the song was heard in the one of personnel rooms.
    Ajay was known as a "forever alone guy". All the time separate from the work he was or paying The Offspring's songs on guitar, or drinking, or training in a sim pod.
    Personal EVA gave a signal.
    -Da fuq? - Ajay said, opening a message. - Wat, mission? Oh, it's not gonna to end well...
    "Dear Ivan K., callsign Ajay.
    We need your participation in one far space mission. Pay a lot of time to a simulator pod training. You have two weeks. This message has an appendage which is a tweak for a simulator pod. It contains all of the details you will need. After the mission will be finished, you will have to take the amnesiacs, so don't plan anything important.
    You are free from your usual patrol controlling. Practice yourself, if you want to serve your Motherland and your people.
    Your temporary ship for this mission will arrive in 3 days.
    -Okay, if they want me to get to form, they will get it... - Ajay murmured to himself.

Two weeks later.
    -All systems green, Ajay. Show'em what we're made of! - dispatcher said. - IFF code "I-939 Stranger", clear to take off.
    -Okay, guys - Ajay opened a group channel - My callsign is Ajay, and I am your Big Brother's eye and ear on this operation. All uplink from group to HQ will go through my ship. And I hope that sim pods were worth the time.
    -Woo! - one of the pilots said. - That's you the guy that command had assigned to us? Now I'm sure we'll do it!
    -Okay guys, let's go. Ajay, now listen. Try to keep as far away as possible from combat. We will have to pass Styx, if you know what is it. Keep the cloak up and worries down. We need to meet nannies and repairship in Vorkuta, near Pawlowdar.
    There is no worth of mentioning the boring trip from Sovetskaya to Yakutsk. All group - two wings with 6 Basilisks in each, Ajay's Basilisk, two Anatovs and one Scimitar - stopped near Transdimesional rift.
    Okay, here is it. After we jump out, we need to take the same hole we jumped out. Second wing, stay with nannies and RS. Ajay, go with us. Avoid being shot. When it'll be clear, signal to second wing.
    -Okay, comrade! LET'S F*CKING DO IT! - Ajay yelled.
    -Seven ships jumped to Rift.

Omicron Gamma. First wing jumped out and met a wing on Nomads.
    -Everyone engage! Ajay, keep away... - Commander said.
    There was no needings of saying that - Ajay swiftly got to one of the Nomads and dissolved it with Coalition Gatling fire. Then another, and another... Soon area was clean.
    -Second wing, nannies, repair, this is Ajay, area is secure.
    Some time of wait, and soon the rest of the group showed itself.
    -All group, move out. I had uploaded all coordinates of all holes to everybody. Let's go. Cloaks only on my command.
    -This is Ajay. I had shared all my radar data. This consumes all of my ship's power, so I won't be able to fire. Keep concealed!
    -Nicely as always, Ajay...
    All group arrived to Omicron Theta.
    -This system has high Alliance activity! Be f*cking aware - Ajay said in his mechanical tone. - Cut the chatter, boys and girls.
    Taking a round way to Omicron Alpha Jump Hole.
    -This is Ajay, I had noticed Alliance patrols... Outcasts. Deploying ECM!
    -I read ya, Ajay. Let's go!

Outcasts were shocked by Coalition ships uncloaked directly under their nose.
    -Stand down and leave this area as soon as possible, or you will be destroyed - Wing 1 leader said.
    -The hell? - one of outcasts said.
    -Leave this area. NOW. - Wing 1 leader continued.
    -We are the only single wing of a twenty vanguard wings. Our target is not Omicron Alpha. We are not going to make any business in Alpha. Leave the area. - Ajay started to lie. Yes, that worked - two "Sabres" left to Malta.
    -Area is clear. Wing 2, continue.
    Way to the X-3043...
    -Be aware, X-3043 has very high Alliance activity. All wings, I recommend to use cloaking.
    Wery worrying trip with avoiding ASF and CSF patrols... That was luck that all attention was taken by a CSF Proton fighting a wing of ASF fighters.
    -Here it is, the Nephele, let's go! - commander said.
    I can believe it was really strange that the gate got activated without reasons... But hell, the Proton begun to blowing up right at that moment.
    Nephele. Near planet Tigris.
    -CNS Stalin, this is extraction team intelligence officer, callsign Ajay. We had arrived to take you.
    -Okay, this is CNS Stalin, lieutenant Bobrov speaking. I and some my guys are the only one awake on the ship. We are ready to get people loaded to nannies. Two will be enough I think. We had assembled two of old Basilisks here, finishing the third. One of them will return here... Hey, here it is!
    -This is starshina Dobchenko. I am from CNS Stalin. Looks like we are saved.
    -Anatovs, begin to load up people.
    -This is Ajay. I am deploying wide ECM countermeasures. They won't see us on their radars. Cloaks out!
    That was somewhat long time. Anatovs were loading people in a capsules, while Scimitar was ripping abandoned parts to get a materials and imitate Nomad attack.
    -This is the last one. Wait till we will go through all corridors of ship and make sure that everyone is evacuated.
    Some minutes.
    -Biosignal scanners shows no one is on ship except us. We're leaving.
    Two another Basilisks flied out from ship.
    -This is Wing 2. Our cloaks are fully charged.
    -This is wing 1, batteries are fully charged.
    -This is Ajay. Accumulators are on full, let's go.
    -This is Nanny 1, our cloak is fully charged.
    -This is Nanny 2, we're ready.
    -Repairer reporting, we're ready.
    Okay, let's go. We still will be moving without cloak around some areas.
    Inner cloud... The Corridor... New London... Dublin... Hyperion... Sol.
    Near Transdimesional Rift.
    -This is Ajay. Rift has been just used! Wait a second... Gorlowka, do you hear me? Gorlowka?
    -Oh, this is Davidova, Gorlowka control dispatcher.
    -This is Ajay. We are near rift to Styx. All passengers from CNS Stalin are on nannies.
    -I read you, Ajay. I warned the reinforcements.
    -Let's go! Protect the nannies at all costs! - Wing 2 leader said. - And Ajay, of course... - he finished.
    -Sorry, comrade, but command said that intelligence officer is expendable after reaching Styx. - Wing 1 leader said. - But... Listen, Ajay. I will try to save you if i will be able to.
    -I don't care, let's just take care about it.
    -Jumping in. Nannies, keep cloaked!
    After some time the same group jumped in Styx.
    -Nannies, Wing 2, Ajay, fall back!
    -The hell is that ship?
    Ajay was staring to Jack Blinch's ship. It's still unknown what made Jack to attack nannies, but he fired the cruise disruptor at one of Anatovs.
    -F*CKING STOP!!! - Ajay yelled and fired at Blinch. Torpedo hit Blinch's engines and he just hanged in the space.
    -This in Wing 2. We had reached Mandar gates. Fall back!
    -Wait a second... - Ajay said, then switched to Jack Blinch's private channel. - Who are you and why did you fired upon nanny ship?
    -You are stealing my business! I wanted to get my money...
    -Stupid capitalist... - Ajay said. - You thought money is the only thing worth here? Get out of the ship, I'll talk to you later.
    Ajay picked up Blinch's escape pod, and convoy continued it's journey.
    It was strangely silent in Mandar and Gladius... but only before Sovetskaya gates.
    -All wings, this is Ajay. I'm picking up the huge group of Nomads. Nannies and repairship go first, Wing 2 and 1 after them, I'll distract.
    -Ajay, the hell?
    -Fall back guys. I am expendable.
    -FALL F*CKING BACK! - wing 2 leader said.
    -If someone won't stop them, we're all dead.
    -Okay. We will never forget you - Wing 1 leader said with deep grief. - I always liked to hear you on the uplink.
    It took some time, but wing 1 and 2 had finally reached Gorlowka.
    -Wing 1 and 2, this is control - Davidova said. - We lost contact to Ajay. And I don't know what happened.
    Wing 1 was landing last. But... strangely, his radars began to show only sensor echoes.
    After some seconds that stopped, and another Basilisk decloaked at the gates.
    -Gorlowka, this is Ajay. I launched ECM together with cloak, that helped. But my power accumulators are dried. Need a couple of seconds.
    -Ajay, you are really smart for an expendable guy... - wing 1 leader said.
    -Hell yeah, buddy!

After some time. Room of Ajay on board of Gorlowka carrier.
    -So, you will make an injection and tomorrow I'll wake up forget everything about this operation? - Ajay asked the medic.
    -Yes - medic said. - That's exactly how amnesiacs work.
    -Well, this is not a thing I'd wished to forget.
    -I understand, but it is needed. It's not painful, don't worry.
    -I know... *Injection sound* Ah, done. What's with my new ship?
    -It's decomissioned now. The "I-939 Stranger" is gonna to be sold now.
    -Okay... my poor ship. I got used to it. Okay, good bye.
    -Good bye, Ajay.

Author's comment:
    Really big one and seems to be stupid one... at your decision.

Edited 2 times, last by Ajay: Misstypo, retcon of 19.07.2013 ().

• Diary of Ajay. "The Inner Core Holidays"

Waking up in the cargo bay of my ship. Empty bottles are lying on the floor around the bed. Oh, cool yesterday. I was "marking" my another arrival on Mirtrrak Battle Station, and had a great booze.
    I am already have a very strange thoughts that gives me creep. It is thoughts about changing my ship. But when I understand that I'll have to leave my sworn Basilisk, I feel... fear. I understand that I'm not going to fly anything more.
    I still don't understand how did we did that. I met another guy, callsign Нуб, and we headed there. We were flying almost identical ships - Basilisks, with Armor Class 10. Strange, why CMs didn't worked for almost all the way. We were stopped many times, fought many times... and survived. Maybe because of incredible amounts of bats/bots (I returned to Mirtrrak with the same 130/130), maybe because of repair buoys (Once in Venn my ship was on fire, but we could make it to repair buoy), maybe because of the luck. But still, we did it. Well, when I was jumping to Weth, a wing of aliens attacked my wingman... I jumped back and helped him. No one gets left behing, you know.

My vodka deposits are depleting faster than a zergling army in StarCraft. Even if Dom'Kavash allowed me some kind of "room" to store crates filled with bottles there, it will end in three more weeks. Good news, some guys from Coalition are sometimes come here. Maybe one day one of them will borrow here a couple of crates of the "fire water".
    Still, I am tired. I need to quit my drinking problem, think about further upgrading my ship and... finally, listen to full The Offspring playlist. Add Pickin' On Series remixes and some live acoustic records. BTW, "Gone Away" really makes me cry. I always thought my heart is as armored as the hull of my ship.
    I think I really need to return home and get away with all this freelancing. Yeah, it's definitely what I am going to do now.
    I am going home.
    Me, Ivan "Ajay" K[DATA EXPUNGED], retired Lieutenant of Coalition Space Navy.

Edited once, last by Ajay: adding pic ().

• Oh, I am writing to my diary again.
    I didn't did any other entries because I hadn't that much of a things to do in Weth. I did nothing productive all the time - I was drinking, browsing internets and... I am not going to tell this not even to my mom, moreover, not even to my command... I began to watch one certain centuries-old animated TV show.
    But yesterday I decided that it is enough. I can't just lie without any action anymore. I am flakking rusting! And my ship too!
    So, I am returning to Sirius, I am sure guys out there are missing my Basilisk. Anyway, there still is Outcasts/Corsairs threat in Vega, in Oasis, in Sea Of Shadows...
    And anyway, I will bring to Sirius some weapons. I can't risk moving big loadouts.
    And I need to meet my Mom and Dad. Just need.
    Last time I saw them, it was after New Year. I showed Dad my ship... I thought he was jelly. Or proud.
    Okay, it's time to show that CNS I-939 "Stranger" in space again.
    And show that Ajay is back in charge, now 20% cooler No way, no MLP references.

• Flashback: Before Sirius.
    "We are goiing to have to act, if we want to live in different world"..
    Putting my hand to the personal console and switching the alarm off, then grabbing my glasses that were laying near to them.
    Yawn.
    Without wasting time, I've got up, and headed to the small bathroom in my living room aboard CNS Gorlowka. After 15 minutes I was looking fine enough - Officer cap on my head, clean glasses on my eyes, left headphone in left ear, right one is hanging behind right ear, personal console in a left chest pocket (where actually should be first aid kit) and uniform. Wait, callsign badge... Ah, here it is, in my left pocket.
    Taking it out and taking a look. Simple plastic badge with "Ajay" written on it. I already don't remember when I've decided to take such a stupid callsign and after what I've took it. However I could just select the callsign after my surname. Maybe "Forger" or "Blacksmith". But NOPE, stupid and stuck-up Ivanich grabs random nickname he can't change now, without even knowing that it will be following him forever. With a heavy sigh strapping a badge to suit.
    Making my way to cantina number three (First one is public aka bar, second is for fighter pilots and command, third is for crew. They don't differ much, however) and getting to table. My co-tablers - and co-groupers - are already on places. And they seem to engage in a heated discussion.
    -I had already took the coffee on the last week! - Starshina (Sergeant Major if I remember correctly) Olga P[1], callsign "Feather", pretty young, cute girl and a nice tactican, said. - I don't give a damn about the rest!
    -No way, I took the coffee too on the before-last week. And I don't care much about the rest too, Feather. - answered Sergeant Anatolyi T., callsign "Heart", 21-year-old Dzerjinsky Military Academy dropout that decided to continue service even by just being junior intelligence officer. - That means... Snowy!
    -Hey hey hey, Tolya, I'm going to bet my eye implants that I'mma not getting to it today! - angrily replied Sergeant Alexei S., callsign "Snowdrop", guy a year or two older than Heart, that got eye implants due to sight loss and haven't got to Fighter Corps by the same reason[2].
    I knew what they are talking about. "Instant coffee" 3 in 1, awful slipslop that is a life essence for almost any intelligence and communications officer or dispatcher (on Gorlowka it's pretty the same). I roll my eyes, let out a disturbed groan and turning to supplier to get the aforementioned stuff.
    Taking the band of foil sachets and hanging it on my shoulder a-la bandolier or machine gun belt. There is enough coffee to provoke heart attacks/diabetus to all Gorlowka crew, including fighter pilots, even if it's drunk over the month. For my team - me, Feather, Heart and Snowdrop - it usually lasts for a week.
    Returning to the table - and group is still arguing. I slap the sachet band on the table, making co-tablers go silent.
    -Calm your arses, I've got the stuff - I said, taking a seat, grabbing the fork and taking a fast look at what's on the breakfast today. Yay, rice. My personal favorite. Grabbing the teabag from my side of table and dropping it into a cup with boiled water.
    -Oh, hi Vanya! - Feather said.
    -Hey, we had the deal, Feather - I said, putting an accent on her callsign.
    -Oh, sorry, Ajay.
    Yeah, I hate my callsign, but the problem is that sometimes I hate my real name even more. No, I can handle being called Ivan, but the problem is that only two or three guys in whole Coalition Military are calling me Ivan. Others are using smalled version of it, "Vanya", and I hate it. Only my mother can call me Vanya (but for my father calling me that is a 100% warranty to be b*tchslapped), and only if I have a good mood. And I rarely have good mood. So better stick with my callsign. "Ajay" isn't that bad, afterall.
    Same applies for you, reader! Just in case.
    -Oh, boss! Thanks! - Heart said. Of course, he should be thanking me, he is a second coffee-drinker in our team. Why not first? I am the first, that's why.
    -No problems, Heart. Now don't disturb, I am going to fuel myself up.

After breakfast we headed to our workplace: small four-seated room with four huge LCD pannels. We got seated and uplinked to the systems.
    -This is main dispatcher. Report your status.
    -This is Warrant Officer Ivan K, callsign Ajay, IT Gamma. Standing by.
    -This is Sergeant Major Olga P, callsign Feather, IT Gamma. On standby.
    -This is Sergeant Anatoliy T, callsign Heart, IT Gamma. Ready.
    -This is Sergeant Alexei S, callsign Snowdrop, IT Gamma. Reporting in.
    -Roger that. You've got the Gladius for today. Feather, assume uplink to patrol Gold One. Heart, patrol Blue One is yours. Snowdrop, watch upon patrol Red One. Ajay, you have got all of the scanners, share them out to all team and then contact Violet One.
    Taking a fast look at the scanners. All Dark Reigns show that it's not that bad, only twelve Nomad patrols and... wait, what? Phew, just a Nomad Strike Carrier just jumped in from Mandar. I thought it was worse...
    WAIT, WHAT???
    [CENSORED DUE TO A HUGE AMOUNT OF SWEAR WORDS AND EXPLETIVES]

-Whoa, Vanya...
    -Callsign... - I reminded silently, out of breath after verbal explosion.
    -I mean Ajay, you're a real saint - Feather said. - What the hell is there?
    -Dispatcher, this is Ajay. Sensors have located Nomad Strike Carrier jumped in from Mandar. - I said when catched my breath after that massive freak out. No, really, I think the first time I've let out such a massive Cluster F-Bomb was when I had my first (and last at this moment) patrol loss.
    When I said about Strike Carrier... Utter silence in room. I only could hear Snowdrop saying "oh snap".
    -Please confirm, over.
    -Other IT has got the same readings and their wing of scouts had confirmed it.
    -Okay, then I need Alexeev to know about it - I said. - Oh, here you are, Comrade 1st Rank Captain.
    -Strike Carrier in Gladius?
    -Yes, comrade.
    -Alert all wings. Also, you are relieved from patrol wings, assume uplink to Black Guard Strike Force. Ajay, you get Group Alpha. Feather, assume connection to Beta. Heart, uplink Gamma and Snowdrop, take care of Epsilon. You need to intercept them. And still, keep an eye on Strike Carrier.
    -Roger that - I said, boiling the coffee. - It is gonna be something...

-Okay, Black Guard Group Alpha, this is Ajay, your eyes and ears on this operation. On the topics of today are roast Nomad Strike Carriers. Today Nomads are going to gift us one to taste-test. How do you think, you won't get your teeth broken?
    -F*ck yeah, guys, legendary communications officer that doubles as DJ is leading us for today! Guys, it's gonna be the cake! - Alpha Leader, callsign "Valiant" said.
    -Um... Are you sure, Valiant? - female voice of Alpha-4, callsign "Siren", filled my headphones.
    -After that guy kept us alive and in a good mood in Styx - yesh, Siren. Salem, Trident, keep your nuclear torpedoes for a final blow![3]
    -Okay, I have established a datamost via gates and pinpointing the location of Nomad Strike Carrier. I have shared the same so other groups will catch it too.
    -Wait a second. It's heading to Sovetskaya?
    -Yes - I answered after analysing it's trajectory.
    -OVER MY DEAD BODY! - Alpha Leader said. - Guys, we know how to deal with it.
    -I'd reccomended you to cloak and flank it out from ecliptics, then attack either from above or from below - Feather said.
    I don't care if Feather is just a young girl with a callsign that doesn't fits her work (but fits her surname), but I care that she is a f*cking genius. That's her who should be inelligence team leader, not me.
    -Darn right, Feather - Alpha Leader said.
    -Wait a second, I've got an idea...

-Okay, here is that big arse. He got some f*cktons of Light Fighters. Show him what we mean business, Black Guard! - said Alpha Leader, the swithced to my private channel, winked, swithced to system one and yelled:
    -"VAAAAALIIIIIIIAAAAAAAANT JEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!"[4] -
    and then uncloaked and started to attack Strike Carrier together with his wing (sans bombers), catching all fire... All of Strike Carrier's escorts were busy to catch the black-painted Basilisks, that cloaked after flying past the carrier...
    And then, when escorts were concentrated there, rest of the strike force uncloaked and attacked unsuspecting escorts, dissolving them as many as possible.
    -Now time for REAL business. Fire at will! Bombers, when his shield will be down, it's your time!
    Black Guard ships were oftenly using the cloak in battle, as Feather reccomended[5] - i.e.turning it on when it was too tough.
    -This is Valiant. Sylph lost her ship, she's in my cargo bay!
    -This is Siren. Beacon is down, but I picked him up!
    -This is Feather. Beta wing reported that Strike Carrier shield is breached!
    -This is Heart. Confirm, Gamma wing reported the same.
    -Salem, Trident, it's your time now! For the Eastern Coalition, for all the good pilots those bastards killed, and for our exodus from Sol System... TORPEDOES AWAY!!! LET THOSE TRANSPARENT BASTARDS FLY IN HELL!!!
    Some seconds seemed like hours, when, finally...

-This is Snowdrop. I see Strike Carrier exploding via Epsilon Leader's ship cameras. Is that my eye implants bugging?
    -F*CK YEAH BRO THEY ARE NOT! - Heart yelled. - That big dumb meanie is down!
    "Big dumb meanie"? Yeah, yeah, I heard it somewhere.
    Where had he found that show videos though... Old Coalition backups of old Internet, like I did?
    I couldn't help but I've rolled my eyes.
    -This is Alpha Leader. Strike Carrier is toast.
    -Roger that guys... - I said. - I will report to command.
    -Hey, Vanya...
    -CALLSIGN! - I yelled at Feather at a full lungs.
    -Oh, Ajay, are you crying? - Feather said. Damn, it's really a tear on my glasses. Never knew I'm that sensitive.
    I was looking directly at the Heart's face when I've said:
    -Ehhh... Nope, it's a liquid pride. Totally different.
    His reaction was... priceless.

You thought assistance in destruction of a Strike Carrier got us anything? NOPE! We continued our routine watching upon Gladius, drinking gallons of coffee, finding a time to have a lunch (noodles FTW) and having a peaceful chit-chat. Either command has no respect for its eyes and ears or we aren't that important.
    Finally, patrols returned to base and a bell ringed, meaning that we have been changed by another team. We headed to "our" cantina to have dinner - today it's a potato soup with stew beef. One of my favorites too.
    We finished the meal, then started to talk about stuff.
    -And I've already began to get used to routine, and bam! High alert. Much more interesting than in Academy - Heart was talking about the event of the day.
    -Yeah... - Feather said. - By the way, you look adorable when you swear that much, Vanya.
    -Oh snap. - Snowdrop said silently
    And I once again lost it.

-HOW MANY [CENSORED] TIMES I SHOULD [CENSORED] TELL YOU TO [CENSORED] USE THE [CENSORED] CALLSIGN???
    I got a hold on my temper with the same speed I lost it.
    -Oh, sorry. - I said. - I just hate being called like that.
    -No, Ajay, that's I should be sorry because I did that on intention. - Feather said.
    -Don't do that anymore.
    -Okay, Ajay. - she said. Then her voice changed. - "We are going to have to act, if we want to live in different world".
    What the fu... - I said, instantly waking up in the cargo bay of my Basilisk, with alarm clock playing Act On Instinct. I am apparently on the Gorlowka Carrier, but already after that incident that got me to Sirius. And, judging by a Senior Lieutenant shoulder straps on my uniform that hangs nearby, it's reality.
    Or at least maximal part of reality that I, fictional character from a multiplayer video game and head of freaky 17-year-old guy can have. Hell yeah, look, I've broken 4th wall, again :P

That dream again. One of my best days. Hmm, maybe my life isn't that bad. Washing up, dressing up and heading to cantina number one to wash away the hangover.
    Coming there and meeting a very familiar figure there. Wait... that Senior Warrant Officer there... Feather?
    -Hey, Feather, is that you? - I asked.
    -Ajay? GOSH, HOW I'M GLAD TO SEE YOU!
    She ran towards me with a clear intention to hug. I wasn't resisting.
    -Well, I've heard that much about you... - she started to talk. - You are just... just AMAZING!
    -Whoa, whoa, calm down - I said.
    -But I'm so proud of you... - she said. - Vanya.

Oh snap.

Author's note:
    Decided to give Ajay a decent backstory and show a bit of personality.
    For my own amusement, Ajay has got a Berserk Button (gonna admit it, IRL I hate being called Vanya). Gonna keep it up.
    Well, those three characters came out of nowhere. I didn't based them on anybody.
    [1]Due to "professional code", all of Ajay's colleauges' surnames are hidden. Actually I am too lazy to think about it.
    [2]"Snowdrop" reference. Name of that guy could also be Starcraft Broodwar reference.
    [3]Group Alpha Callsigns are Supreme Commander ship classes. "Valiant" is a UEF T2 Destroyer, Siren is Cybran T2 Cruiser, Salem is Cybran T2 Destroyer and Trident is Cybran T1 Frigate, Sylph is Aeon T1 Attack Sub and Beacon is Aeon T1 Frigate.
    [4]Well known reference. "LEEROY JEEEENKINS!!!", anyone?
    [5]Coalition Military-grade cloak isn't as... "limited" as ingame cloaking device.

Edited 2 times, last by Ajay ().

• Wel well, you will soon be able to wrap it up into a book, as this is nice since the beggining "CFPD in the first phrase in the first post" :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• In the mood for writing lore now, so... updating a personnel file to fit current lore edition.

Name: K______ Ivan Ivanovich.
    Callsign: Ajay
    Place of birth: "Irkutsk" living megabioblock, Planet Murmansk, Sovetskaya system, Altair sector.
    Affiliations:
    Coalition Capital Navy (before incident in Sirius)
    Coalition Intelligence Directorate (current).
    Occupations:
    Junior communications operator, CNS Gorlowka.
    Intelligence and communications officer in IT Gamma (leader of the team), CNS Gorlowka (still reserved).
    Coalition Emissary in Sirius.
    One of junior Coalition representatives in Coalition+Sirius houses mutual projects and operations(current).
    Current rank: Senior Lieutenant.
    Ships:
    CNS I-021, Lagg-class main battle fighter (lost in battle)
    CNS I-939 "Stranger", Basilisk-class Space Superiority fighter.
    Notable acts:
    Wrote a detailed analysis of Western Culture based on the old Internet backups. Analysis was noted by Coalition Intelligence Directorate. By the order of CID was accepted in Coalition Capital Navy, to the crew of CNS Gorlowka as junior communications operator, ranked Sergeant.
    Participated in Tomsk System evacuation, spotted one of main Nomad groups that were on the intercept course. Was promoted to Sergeant Major.
    By accident [DATA EXPUNGED]. Undergone chemical partial memory correction by B-class amnesiacs, was promoted to Warrant Officer and became the leader of Intelligence Team Gamma.
    Was participating in destruction of Nomad Strike Carrier in Gladius as intelligence officer. Was awarded together with all team: Bronze Dish medal.
    [DATA EXPUNGED]. Undergone partial memory correction by class-A amnesiacs due to classified details of operation. Was awarded: AGS-4 gyrojet machine pistol (gyrojet version of Stechkin APS).
    [DATA EXPUNGED]. Ditto, A-class amnesiacs were used. Senior Warrant Officer promotion pending due to loss of six fighters in operation - including I-022 Ghasel, B-009 Desna and I-101 Godunow.
    Spotted Alliance ships in Styx.
    Was sent to Sirius as an emissary to research Sirius culture. Got ambushed by Corsairs in Omicron Theta, destroyed one or two their ships (not confirmed) and had to leave ship due to broken engines. Was marked MIA by Coalition until one of emissaries on Earth haven't met him.
    All by himself returned to Sovetskaya system. Was awarded: new ship, Basilisk-class SSF he called "Stranger".
    Delivered Dom Kavash's message to Coalition HQ from Inner Core. Was promoted to Lieutenant.
    Was participating in more than five Inner Core expeditions.
    Delivered Dom'Kavash cloaking device and some weaponry of "Great Dom's" from Inner Core. Promoted to Senior Lieutenant after their analysis.
    [DATA EXPUNGED] All details about project CNS K-719 are kept classified by both Coalition and Liberty.
    Personal details:
    Hair: dark brown
    Eyes: brown
    Height: App. 180-190 cm
    Personal likes: spaceships and military hardware, different styles of music (usually rock and metal), video games, liquor, TV show "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" (unconfirmed).
    Personal dislikes: stuck-up and bragging pilots, idealism, he himself, his real name.
    Hobbies: guitar playing, target shooting, hard swearing.
    Good sides: loyalty to Coalition and to humanity, humorousness, ability to be serious when it is needed, kindness (rest of it), charisma.
    Bad sides: Aforementioned loyalty caused by indifference, self-loathing, grumpiness.
    Personality and past details:
    Being good sucks, and Ajay - by that time just Ivan K. - learned that hard way. Despite the fact that he wasn't bullied that hardly in school, that was enough for him to find out the phrase that became his motto - "Kindness will get you nowhere". By the end of the school he was openly showing his disrespect towards classmates and classlady: ignoring class parties and events and saying venomous comments about them, for instance.
    Despite the rejection of Fighter Corps, Ajay was preparing himself to becoming a part of Coalition Military, so he could cast away his old life and begin a new one. However it wasn't simulator training that got him there, but the detailed analysis of Western culture - his assignment offered by school principal. Analysis got a lot of interest in Coalition Intelligence Directorate, and Major (currently Colonel) I. Flyagin, officer that was assigned to cultural researches and international matters, offered Ivan the occupation of Junior communications operator onboard of CNS Gorlowka, and he accepted the chance to start from the blank page. During the service Ajay shown himself as a smart, loyal and charismatic man that bolted upwards in ranks. In almost two months he already became Warrant Officer and leader of intelligence team. Said analysis have made for him another surprise: when contacts with Sirius were made, Ajay was sent to Sirius via Yakutsk Transdimesional Rift together with group of emissaries. But Corsair attack together with freak accident left him forgotten in Sirius, and he had to find a way back by himself. After his return, he got an assignment to continue his research by being just a freelancer in Sirius... that got him to Inner Core, bringing him another career kickstart.
    He dislikes to be called by his real name: for him it's a part of the past that is, as he says, "thrown into container, container locked, welded, left in the center of minefield, keys of container melted and thrown into ship reactor core".
    Words about himself:
    "Um... well... My name is Ivan K, callsign Ajay. I hate my callsign, but I hate my real name even more, so stick with Ajay. I am simple officer from Coalition, ranked Senior Lieutenant. Before getting in Sirius, I lived a simple life: get up, meet those three jerks called "Intelligence team Gamma", have breakfast, sit more than a half of the day at the monitors looking how our guys paroling Gladius or Gurm, chatting with patrol guys, cheering them up if needed, then ring calls and go off, do what you wanted to do - play guitar, or train on sim pod. Record, set on looped.
    Before? More easy. Get up, go to that gosh-darned school, sit 5-6 lessons in a classroom filled with jerks and b*tches, walk like a living dead through the school corridors during the recess - while listening to an unpleasant comments of other jerks and b*tches - and then go home, then write some parts of that darn analysis or train on simulator pod, or listen to some heavy music - maybe even say Mom to shut up when she starts whining that music is too loud - and then go off. And again, set on looped. Awful, you say? Phew, just another day. Could be better, could be worse.
    But one day, it all have been over. Because High Command can't afford good escorting to their emissaries, I had to fight with Corsairs. I think I would chop them all down if my ship hadn't broke because of simple engine kill. You know, it's hull and some parts were taken from a bunch of other Laggs that survived the Coalition Exile. If command could afford to give me new ship, at least same Lagg or maybe Karak, it wouldn't end like that.
    So let's get it straight: in less than a year I've got a three ranks higher, got myself a ship of my dream... I always liked Basilisks, you know?.. earned a free Sirius passage, and ensured a further career.
    Some notable days? Oh, it would be a long story. And hell, I am sure that I have some cool moments in my past. Problem is, some of those moments are so cool that command decided to erase them from my memory. I guess something related to Alliance. Oh, they erase only these moments. Severe, you say? Other way to ensure that it will remain secret is called "termination" so I am kinda lucky.
    What I am doing now? You know, Coalition and SIrius Houses are trying to mend the bridges, and I am one of the menders from Coalition side. And what can be better way to mend bridges than any mutual projects? But now I'll have to shut up, because I don't want to let any classified data to leak."

P.S. Feel free to comment.

And...
    I am opening Q&A topic here. Ask my character about something related to either story lore or character personality. Or ask me about character and story development.
    I had some kind of pilot version in banning thread, it gone good so I've decided to let it be. Roleplay-mode replies (i.e. from the perspective of character) will be written in italic. Questions may be denied if they are about too personal details or hard to answer.
    Q&A will be automatically closed within a week if there won't be questions.

Edited 2 times, last by Ajay: _ ().

• Ajay's Story: The New Acceptance.

inb4 tl;dr.

-Yaawn...
    I woke up and looked around me. It's my old living room aboard CNS Gorlowka, as I recognised by Fighter Corps poster on the wall, my personal symbol (radar dish), and by old Basilisk 1:72 plastic model on the table (I always had a dream about owning a Basilisk, but now this dream came true). Main question was: what the hell I have done yesterday aside from drinking? Best case scenario: I am having a severe hangover. Worst case scenario: I have a severe hangover and Feather (Feather is a callsign of my former groupmate, and believe me, she's a pretty girl) in my bed. Instantly checking out my bedside... Phew, nobody is there, thank the Universe. No, I don't mean that I wouldn't like a girl in my bed, I mean that I find Feather rather... annoying to start relationship with. Plus, she is known for putting her boyfriends into Friend Zone, and I don't know, maybe she has a wide network of friendzoned guys over all the Coalition space. However I heard only about one guy that grew a spine and told her to flak off.
    Hmmm. Actually I remember that I drank too much, but once I've just woke up after hitting the booze hard and got an award - gyrojet machine pistol, beautifully decorated and, thanks stars, with my callsign on it instead of my name - for nothing during the day. However then Alexeev, Gorlowka captain, told me that I was awarded for something that they had to erase from my memory.
    That actually was freaking me out sometimes. You know, it probably may be some supernatural stuff, and I always had a phobia of something that wasn't natural. Yeah, because when I was growing up, there were Nomads, and there were urban legends about them. My father told a lot of them - he was an electrican on Gorlowka after all. BTW my room here has a word "Arclite" carved on the bunk. "Arclite" was my father's nickname back to those times, then it became his callsign[1].
    Well, need to check out the mail inbox. Grabbing the console and... Wait. Message from command.
    "Dear Senior Lieutenant Ivan "Ajay K______.
    Due to your new assignments to objects like CNS K-719, we need to grant you and Intelligence Team Gamma a better postion together with some privillegies. On that reason I can tell that by results of your acts you and your team were accepted into the Black Guard Squadron as an elite late warning, intelligence and mutual work team.
    Please arrive to Dzerjinsky Military Academy to attend your acceptance ceremony. That also include your squadmates, Senior Warrant Officer Olga "Feather" P_____, Sergeant Major Anatolyi "Heart" T______ and Sergeant Major Alexei "Snowdrop" S______. You will have your first mission as Black Guard parts after it.
    Sincerely,
    Colonel Igor Flyagin.
    P.S. We might need to reequip your fighter into AWACS ship. That would also require to install three living places into ship's cargo hold. It won't change any other equipment.[2]
    P.P.S. THAT IS AN ORDER. However Black Guard membership will not strip you of your right to travel across Altair and Sirius freely while there aren't missions."
    This is gonna be good... WAIT.
    "Accepted into the Black Guard Squadron".
    "Black Guard Squadron".
    "Black Guard".
    Oh snap.

No, really. How the hell those [CENSORED] could just enlist me to flakking Black Guard without even asking me? No, really, after I will get stuff right with that ceremony and mission, I am going to fly directly to the Coalition HQ, find Flyagin and b*tchslap him as hard as I can for that.

CNS Gorlowka carrier.
    5F deck.
    Third cantina.
    -Y'know, I kinda miss Boss. - Heart said. - No, really. Anyone remembers good times?
    -You don't say, Tolya - Snowdrop answered. - That time we helped Black Guard take down the Strike Carrier? Or when we saved a patrol by personally operating Dark Reigns? However it was Feather's idea... Feather?
    -Guys, you are going to be so glad... Ever saw ship called "CNS I-939 Stranger" in space?
    -Yeah - Snowdrop said. - And I know its pilot is cool Coalition guy. Kinda wasn't looking at the events, but sometimes he was here and was having fun.
    -Same with me - said Heart. - I kinda always had the urge to meet him, but...
    -Hehe, guys... Do you know that it was Va... I mean, Ajay?
    -LOLWHAT? Ivanich? On a new fighter? - Snowdrop asked, almost laughing.
    -Don't make me laugh, 'Jay flies worse than a Flut... - Heart instantly caught a reference in his mouth. - I mean, worse than an elephant with engines on his back.
    -Was kinda suprising for me too - Feather said. - You know, I found it hard to believe that the guy that made us friends with Dom'Kavash[3] is our Vanya...
    -Callsign. - I said, coming up to the table.
    -Whoa! - Snowdrop let out a yelp.
    -Ajay, you won't believe the bullshit Feather just said! - Heart said, still laughing.
    -I wouldn't if it was bullshit. But sorry, it's truth. And I have some news. - I said and told all about Black Guard acceptance.

-Feather, do you remember how J blown up after he spotted that Strike Carrier? - Snowdrop asked.
    -Or when you were calling him by that name for all day? - Heart added.
    -Hmmm, what does it have to do with my outbursts? - I asked.
    -Because we are about to have similar ones... - Snowdrop said.
    -In fact, I am having now! - Feather said. - I am just doing it silently!
    -No, really! - Heart said. - "Black Guard" is already a synonymous for a "Big Dumb Meanies" for almost all the Coalition!
    -I don't know, guys, but I am angry because I don't fit into ace fighter squadron, and I am mighty fine with the rest - I declared. - You know, I myself a wannabe big dumb meanie. So here is my vote: we get to my ship and fly to Dzerzhinsky Military Academy.
    -I'm with boss - Heart said. - I believe him.
    -I'm on. And anyway, Black Guards are awesome. - Feather answered.
    -Well, what I say doesn't already matters, so I'm on. - Snowdrop added. - Now let us finish the meal, boss, and then grab us.

-Okay guys, welcome aboard CNS I-939 "Stranger", "Basilisk"-class luxury liner. Our destination today is New Beijing system, Dzerzhinsky Military Academy, and it will be going through Sovetskaya and New Hongkong. Please, enjoy the ride and listen to our radio broadcast, which happens to be some songs of Pickin' On Series's Bluegrass Tribute to The Offspring. First goes "Can't Repeat"...

I won't be telling those songs. However thanks to them our trip to academy wasn't that boring.

I have docked to the Academy and we left the ship. We wer met by a guy in a standart Coalition uniform, but with Black Guard Symbol under Coalition symbol on the left side of chest. His rank markings - two medium-sized stars and two stripes - were identifying him as Lieutenant Colonel.
    -K______ Ivan and his team, correct? - he said.
    -Affirmative - was my reply.
    -I am Lieutenant Colonel Georgiy Lopatin, leader of Black Guard Intelligence Branch. I am working very closely with Coalition Intelligence Directorate and personally with Colonel Igor Flyagin, your commanding officer. He told me a lot about you.
    -Mhm - I nodded. - Now let's get this ceremony started. Ugh, I hate ceremonies.
    -Okay. Follow me...

After we got Black Guard symbols to strap to the uniform, Lopatin asked us to follow him to briefing room, to show us our new mission. Before explaining mission, he took our signatures under the disclose subscription.
    -Okay, here is your first mission as Black Guard Intelligence team. In fact, it is two different missions. Fly to Gurm system and take all measurements from Gurm Anomaly that is leading to Hieron. All equipment is being installed into your ship. After we'll be able to research this anomaly, we may be able to use Dom'Kavash sensor stations in past-Gurm systems as relay nodes and additional sensors. Then you return to Sovetskaya, land on Gorlowka carrier. You three, grab your things because you'll have to live temporally away from Altair. Your next destination is Coalition HQ, where you will take a high-important delivery for the project CNS K-719. Then use Transdimesional Rift in Yakutsk to reach Tau-37. K-719 captain will connect you once you will arrive in the system. IT Gamma, you are also part of the delivery. High Command has confirmed your transfer to this project.

What can I say... Those guys did wonders with my Basilisk. Happily they pretty much left the cockpit untouched, sans for three screens on the left. Cargo bay, however... Those tech rooms on the left and right from the cockpit->quarters corridor were turned into a fully equipped communications posts, like those we used on Gorlowka. I kinda guess they installed whole radar set, similar to ones that are installed on Berijev-class cruiser[4]. But Berijevs are usually overloaded with antennas. Whatever, it might be secret developments.

-CNS I-939 "Stranger", you are cleared to launch. Good luck out there - dispatcher contacted us and was interrupted by intelligence officer, young guy with a non-dying smile.
    -Hi there you four! I am Hopwire, Dzerjinsky Military Academy intelligence and communications officer and your colleauge. Thanks to those uplinks I'll be able to "lead" you even there! I would like to know your callsigns or even names, by the way!
    -Senior Warrant Officer Olga, callsign Feather.
    -Sergeant Major Anatolyi, callsign Heart.
    -Sergeant Major Alexei, callsign Snowdrop.
    -Cool, legendaries from Gorlowka! - Hopwire said, keeping his motormouth working. Gosh, ANOTHER Pinkie Pie humanized male clone? I have Heart for this purpose! - And what about pilot? Why are you so grumpy?
    -For reasons - I replied.
    -Say your callsign at least!
    -Ajay.
    Hopwire gasped.
    -Omygosh omygosh that's you? Ivan "Ajay" K from Gorlowka? No, there is no way you can be that grumpy! I even try to be just like you! Some of Black Guard pilots come here from Gorlowka, they told SO MUCH about your team! Current squadron leader even says that he and his wing downed a Strike Carrier with you as intelligence officer! He became the squadron leader because of that!
    Right. And what have WE got for this? Just a Bronze Dish for each, man. Lowest award for intelligence officer ever. Even Alexeev, Gorlowka captain, got a silver medal for that Strike Carrier.
    -Well, yeah - I said. - I am just kinda not in the mood right now.
    "Because you're pissing me off", I wanted to add, but I restrained from injecting the venom. Flak, if I did the same to patrol guys? I am the worst communications officer. Ever.
    -Well, okay! How about some music?
    -No, thanks! - I quickly stopped him. - I have it on in my left earphone. Anyway, our way lies to Sovetskaya now, it'll be a bit long so keep chatting.
    -Good! By the way, Ajay, is it true that you have been in Inner Core?
    -True. I've been there a couple of times. Pretty much nothing to do there if you don't find - or don't become - a temporary wingman, so you could hunt aliens with group.
    -Hunt aliens? For what?
    -For their weaponry, Hopwire. Their guns are trending in Sirius, and freelancers tend to buy them. I am selling them and sustaining my well-being there, or I am storing them for Coalition.
    -Wow! Is it awesome? Or scary?
    -It's... cool. Worrying. Dangerous. Daring. A wide spectrum of emotions, when you fight and survive against beings that are far more advanced than you in everything... Not easy to explain. You can understand it if you have been there.
    -Hmm. Well, okay! So, let me repeat. You are flying to Gurm, take measurements of that thing and return, right?
    -Right. So, you will be leading me, instead of Gorlowka?
    -Correct! So, anyone has an idea what to talk about while you'll be reaching Sovetskaya?
    I take a foil sachet of coffee and pour it into a cup, followed by boiled water.
    -Hmm, I'm out of ideas. - I say. - Maybe something about you?
    -What can be interesting about me? I am just a simple intelligence and communications officer. Ranked Warrant Officer. I have a lot of friends on the station, just like you!
    -Funny, I never had a friend - I noted. - Those three are merely a teammates.
    -What? - Feather asked.
    -Ajay, I call bullshit. - Heart said. - We are your true friends!
    -"A true, true friend helps a friend in need", remember that, Heart? Last time I helped you when you needed it most?
    -Oh, come on, Ajay. We ARE your friends. Search your feelings, you know it's true.
    -Oh Snowdrop, it's easy to search my feelings, problem is, you will find only hatred... Okay, you guys talk, I'll listen to music.
    Turning on The Offspring playlist. Getting real tired of cuckoolander on the command channel.

-Okay, we are in Gurm. Hieron anomaly on more than 100K. Keep your eyes open. Feather, Heart, you keep eyes on radars. Snowdrop, request Ion Cannons control.
    -On it... - Snowdrop said - Done, I can assume control over one of those Ion Cannons.
    -Great. Hey, Hopwire, are you tired?
    -No, I am just watching how professionals work! It's all interesting and stuff!
    -Ajay, I will mark any incoming Nomad patrols on your HUD.
    -Thanks, Feather. Okay, it all seems kinda clear...
    We reached the Hieron Anomaly without confrontations. I've set impulse speed to 0 to not spoil the measurements.

-This is Snowdrop. I am launching automatic research systems.
    -Heart, initiate upload to main server. Feather, warn of ANY nomad patrol that is moving towards here. Snowdrop, watch over measurement process.
    -Gravimetrical coefficients are measured. - Snowdrop said. - Measuring space-time distortions.
    Thank you, Snowdrop. Thank you for interrupting those two bronies.
    -Upload 75% completed. - Heart said.
    -Nomad patrol. 25K. 16 Light Fighters. Moving in our direction on cruise speed. Ajay, are you sure our measurements haven't made them angry?
    -Feather, you can't be sure if it's about Nomads - I answered - If Snowdrop is using active sensor probing, maybe.
    -If it made them angry, I refuse to fly here without at least two fighter wings and group of Kurgans - Snowdrop added.
    -Snowdrop, calm down, I CAN handle one Light Fighter wing.
    -Are you sure, 'Jay? - Heart asked.
    -No, I just think so.
    -Anyway, I can speed up the probing...
    Snowdrop, you IDIOT!
    -Ooops...
    -Ajay, all Nomad patrols we have on our radars are flying in our direction!
    -Uh-oh - Hopwire said.
    -Snowdrop, you [CENSORED], how much time that measurements will take?
    -A couple of seconds... Done!
    -Upload is in progress, but I can continue it on the move! Get us outta here, 'Jay!
    I've turned on engines and hit "Cruse Engines" switch, taking a quick look at the radars. Data shared by Feather showed a lot of nomad ships flying in the direction of my ship. OH SNAP, we have just buggered the hornet nest.
    -What the flying feather you think am I doing? BTW 'bout feathers... Where is the nearest Nomad Patrol?
    -Coming in from intercept course!
    -Hmmm... Is way to that Dark Reign Ion Cannon clear? Feather, faster please!
    -Yes, it is! - Feather yelled, worried. - Vanya, my dear, I believe in you, do everything you can, but GET US OUT OF HERE!
    I quickly turned the wheel and redirected my ship at Ion Cannon.
    -Leha, you got codes, assume control over that cannon!
    When I don't notice Feather calling me Vanya or call anybody from my team by real name - it is a sign to start to worry. Seems like Snowdrop understood it.
    -Done!
    -Hopwire, tell all patrols to try to intercept any Nomad patrol they meet! - I said.
    -They are getting closer... - Heart said - 'Jay, if you don't have plan yet, you need to think faster!
    -Relax, Ion Cannon is already close! Snowy, I'll forgive your screwup today if you'll do your best!

Snowdrop isn't that good with radars or computers, and he is on a hard terms with good decisions. But he is one of the best Dark Reign operators, and I knew that. All communications operators actually trained to operate Ion Cannons installed on satellites - they have inbuilt AI, but nobody usually trusts it - but Alexei "Snowdrop" S. is one of the best. Maybe because of his eye implants?
    -Snowdrop, take out those who come from our sides, then open fire at those who are coming from our way.
    -On it, Ivanich! Yeee-haw, take this *BOOM*, and this *BOOM*, and this *BOOM-BOOM-BOOM*, you transparent *BOOM* freaks! Nobody f*cks with Alexei S______ *BOOM-BOOM* when he has a Dark Reign near him *BOOM*!
    I put the ship on the top of Ion Cannon and watched how Snowdrop fend Nomads off.

-All done, Ajay, way is clear!
    -Good! Feather, keep watching!
    -All clear! Nomad patrols seem to forget about us, they returned to their initial course. - Feather reported.
    -Okay, let's go back. Getting tired of this place. - I said, activating cruise engines and heading to Sovetskaya gates.

We arrived in Sovetskaya, landed on Gorlowka carrier and met Gorlowka captain.
    -You three, pack your things. You are put in transfer to CNS K-719 battleship in Sirius. You will be able to request a temporary transfer to home. Maybe, it will be even Ajay that will help you to get home. CNS K-719 has living quarters better than these on CNS Gorlowka.
    -Well, can I at least say "goodbyes" to my friends here? - Feather asked.
    -Yes.
    -Oh... How fighter pilots will go to patrols without me... They will not be in a good mood! - Heart said. - First Ajay, then we all?
    -Yes, it was sad without 'Jay... - Feather said.
    -You know, CNS K-719 isn't just secret project. It is a mutual project, and we need ideal crew combining. The former teammates of Ajay are ideal. You will be able to work with some Sirius-born crewmen, right?
    -We'll try our best.
    -Okay. Take your time, but no longer than 24 hours. Dismissed. - Alexeev said and headed out from landing deck.

-CNS I-939 "Stranger", you are clear to take off. Ivan, Intelligence Team Gamma, good luck out there. We will miss you!
    -Thanks, Candid[7]! I'll miss you too! - Feather said.
    -Okay. Our destination now is Coalition HQ. We should get the cargo for K-719. So... anybody wants to talk?
    -Of course! - Heart said. - Where from your callsign came from?
    -Honestly? Because I was kinda cool with sound effects and music. Those flakkers from my school often called me "Audio Jockey" after one party. That's where "A-jay" came from[8]. I kinda liked the pronouncing, and here we go... Then there were other ways of pronouncing, but in English it is anyway spelled as "Ajay".
    -Hmmm. After I heard a couple of references from you, I thought about Ap
    -Quiet - I said.
    -Eh... - Feather said. - By the way, when 'Jay disappeared that day... I don't know about you, guys, but days turned gray for me.
    -Hmm, I thought you never really cared about me, Feather!
    -Well, I did, 'Jay. But did you care?
    -Nah - I said. One warp buoy to Vorkuta gates. - I rarely even care for something. However... I missed good days. Thus, I missed you. However I believe it's time to make a good times.
    -Hell yeah, Ivanich - Snowdrop said.
    -OK, docking to the gates. Fasten your seatbelts - I declared when we arrived to Vorkuta gates.
    -J, have I ever told you that I hate intersystem jumps?
    -Just in case, sick bags are on the left side and litter airlock on the right, Heart.

We arrived on the Coalition HQ and took the cargo. By the markings on container I've learned that inside are components for an omni sensor and communications array, like those installed on Berijev-class cruiser.
    -Hmm... I kinda guess why we use Yakutsk. It's shorter way - Heart said.
    -We WILL meet Nomads on our way.
    -Oh dear - Feather whispered.
    -Don't worry, handled situations like that million times.
    -Hmmm... - Snowdrop said.
    -Heart, remember where bags are? Three jumps in a row!
    -OHHH SNAAAAAP! - Heart yelled.
    And as I said, first Vorkuta-Yakutsk, then transdimesional rift, then - to Omicron Gamma.

-Ajay, we got Nomads! - Snowdrop yelled as my ship was shaken by Nomad lasers hit on the shield - DO SOMETHING!
    -Heart, turn on my battle theme! - I said, avoiding barrage of Nomad fighter and looking at the mediaplayer...
    "Aviators - The Fear of Flight".

-My COMBAT theme, not my FAILURE theme! - I screamed. - Siegmann, one-one-five!
    -Oh, sorry - Heart switched track.
    "Elena Siegmann - 115"
    -Now the chances are higher - I said, doing the barrel roll and locking on nomad fighter, while humming the song.
    -Whoa 'Jay, you keep it! - Feather wasn't hiding her ecstatic and proud look when I destroyed nomad fighter that tried to make a pass to me.
    -I am not that easy to take out... - I said, dissolving two or three nomad fighters in one pass and finishing off another by a torpedo.
    After some time all Nomads were destroyed.
    -Well, let's continue our flight. - I said.
    -'Jay, why aren't you in Fighter Corps yet? - Feather said. - That was some impressive showforce.
    -I give myself the same question. I was preparing myself to be a fighter pilot. But those flakkers sent me away because of my eyes and my weak body. Guys, would you mind if I will land to Freeport 9 and repair my equipment?
    -Due to classified details command has prohibited to land anywhere before we'll reach K-719 - Feather answered.
    -By the way, I was asked to select unofficial nickname for 719 - I started another topic.
    -And what have you selected? - Snowdrop asked.
    -Well... - I started to explain - I ain't good with thinking names out and I was in my cockpit looking at my table when I was thinking about... So don't worry, you are going to love it.
    Heart gone laughing.
    -Okay, listen up! We should make three jumps. One - to Omicron Theta system... right before us! Hold on!
    Using "free flight", I've "fastdocked" with the jump hole. On the other side we have been met by Bounty Hunters and Corsairs fighting each other.
    After dealing with overwhelmed Corsairs, I directed ship at Omicron Alpha system.
    -Lads'n'lassies, Omicron Alpha is a hostile system. - I declared. - We will have to fight much there. Heart, load up "Rammlied", "Waidmanns Heil", "Links-2-3-4", "Du Hast" and "Feuer Frei". And no more songs about that wimp...
    -You are the one to say, 'Jay! - Heart said, but after some time playlist was filled with songs that I asked.
    -Good, Heart. Now keep it together, we are jumping!
    -WHEEEEEE! - Snowdrop screamed.

I can say: fighting while listening to heavy and somewhat slow music? Is awesome, especially when flying slow and heavy ship my Basilisk is. I destroyed four Outcast ships in a couple of moments and set the course to flank Planet Malta from south.
    -Okay, it is going to be the cake.
    -Yeah? In hostile-claimed system? - Snowdrop sarcastically asked.
    -After my first Styx breakthrough it IS a cake, believe me - I answered, adjusting seat and wheel. - Whoa, another fighter wing! Look and teach!
    Of course, Basilisk isn't very agile, but outcasts's Wyrms still have some problems with hitting it. I strafed left and right, avoiding their shots, and destroyed both Outcast Naginatas in a single "pass".
    -'Jay, we need to deliver cargo safely. Don't take a risk!
    -Relax, Feather. They aren't that dangerous... OH SNAP!
    A relatively big (12-14 fighters) group of Outcasts was amassed near Tau-37 gates.
    -Ivanich, we can make a run for it and escape! - Snowdrop suggested.
    -No, we have more chances in dogfight than in fleeing - I answered. - It can be somewhat... shaky, so hold on! Heart, switch to "Feuer Frei"!
    -And when one of my hardest combat themes - usually reserved only for Inner Core - filled the cockpit, I made a barrel roll and charged forward, avoiding enemy projectiles and trying to hit any hostile that was in my range. Combat theme seemed to work, I even didn't used nanobots or shield batteries. Soon last outcast fighter exploded.
    -'Jay, they're down, but they seem to have sent distress call. Big group of Outcasts is inbound from that planet. - Feather alerted. - Dock to the jump hole, FAST!
    -On it, Feather... Heart, aren't you out of sick bags yet?
    -I still haven't used one!
    -Good, because our destination is behind this hole!
    And without further ado, I activated docking sequence.

Strange, but there was only two outcast ships on the other side, and they were relatively fast dealt with.
    -I'm picking up an encrypted transmission. Feather, share it to the cockpit - Heart said after last Outcast ship was blown to bits.
    Mechanical voice filled my earphones.
    -This is CNS K-719. We are waiting for you outside the cloud. Attaching the coordinates.
    -Heart, check message attachment! It's a coordinates, share them to ship navigational map!
    -On it, 'Jay... Done!
    Hmmm, That far outside the cloud? Anyway, we need to fly there. K-719 isn't for everyone's knowledge. It's okay if it will be seen from afar, but not okay if it'll be swarmed by curious civilians.
    We arrived on the rendezvous point and waited there.

Soon Liberty Dreadnought uncloaked right in front of us. Dispatcher linked to my private channel and in fluent Russian (with some sort of accent though) said:
    -CNS I-939 "Stranger", you are cleared to dock. I have scanned you, our cargo is on your board.
    -Thanks - I answered and activated docking sequence.

On landing pad we were met by five guys. Two wore Order uniform, two other wore Coalition Space Drop Troops one - recognized by blue berets[9]. Those four had blaster riffles (of a different models though). Fifth one... Fifth one was Igor Flyagin.
    -Welcome aboard, Ajay and Intelligence team Gamma! - he welcomed us. - I have decided to watch over the project by myself, not from Coalition HQ. Let's have a talk in the bar. - He turned to soldiers. - Take care of cargo. Those components should be installed in the sensor system in 24 hours, let technicians know that.
    -Sir, yes sir!
    -Yes, comrade! - Order and Coalition soldiers replied.

Onboard bar of CNS K-719.
    -Okay, on the matter why are you here - Flyagin started explanations to us. Beside him were standing two men - their faces covered by helmets. As I already know, the one that had Coalition symbol on his helmet was captain of K-719, while other one, with Liberty symbol, was second-in-command and supervisor from Liberty side.
    -K-719 isn't just a mutual project. In fact it's also Coalition's control base for all Coalition pilots in Sirius like you, Ajay. Earlier all ships were relying on CNS Gorlowka carrier. Connection quality wasn't very good, right?
    -Right - I agreed. - So Liberty just agreed to let us have base of operations?
    -What does it change? This ship is a filter for data - we decide what to send to Altair and what not - and a relay node. All we send in the Altair is intercepted by Order anyway. As what about "the base of operations", it is Order and Liberty base as well. They are participating in project, and they trust us. And I personally appreciate that - Flyagin took a break. - Moreover, it's also allowed to Sirius houses to use this ship as a relay node to make communications with Coalition. So, back to the topic why I called Intelligence Team Gamma. We need control operators for this ship. And we need those, who are close to somebody who is already in the project. Due to your friendship with Senior Lieutenant K______, I found you most fitting. You can refuse now - then I can ask Ajay to deliver you back to Gorlowka and instruct Security Service aboard Gorlowka to inject you amnesiacs. Keep in mind though that it will be hard for me to find other team.
    Heart and Snowdrop agreed, while Feather was about to refuse. But then Flyagin continued.
    -And Ajay will visit Altair rarely, and due to our relay center coming online he won't be connecting Gorlowka directly.
    -I'm in - Feather quickly agreed.
    -Good. Sign those papers and you are officially transfered to CNS K-719. You can be let out to Altair on holidays, just voice your will to do it and I'll find anyone to move you there. Maybe it will be even Ajay. Oh, and Ajay? You are dismissed, and you can keep all the equipment we installed on your ship. But I will call you when I'll need your help, so be ready.

Two days ago.
    I have lived on Freeport 10 for two days. Today I've decided to change dislocation and started my ship. When I connected flight control, I've saw Feather's face on commlink.
    -Feather, is that you? - I asked for an obvious thing.
    -Yes, I am! - She answered.
    -How are you here, on K-719? How's with quarters, and stuff?
    -All is great! Our rooms are pretty big, and they are a bit better than those on Gorlowka! Oh, I even got a new ship, Karak-class fighter, it looks NEAT!
    -OK Feather, I need to fly. Share the sensors, please.
    -On it... - she said. - Vanya.
    OH SNAAP...

-Thank you, Olya - I answered with a smile, suppressing angry scream "CALLSIGN!" that I'm sure you, readers, were waiting for.

Author's note: Kinda decided to bind my graduation exams to an event in Ajay's life, so behold.
    From a simple CF character biography it slowly turns into a whole book, with only one multiplayer-based Character (Ajay). I don't care much though, I am writing it to be interesting and I find sci-fi stories interesting. Some people find the travel interesting - it is present, I even flew to Gurm and then to Tau-37 in MP, mostly to provide illustrations.

I am not a natural english speaker, so sorry for grammatical mistakes. If you found such a mistake, or a lore mistake (They can be met because of scrapping some parts of a text due to shortening), or a typo (Probability is high due to chapter's sheer size), you can PM me or write in comments/in this thread (not sure yet where to post it) and tell about it. I won't mind (Moreover, it shows that you actually read it and care about it, not just said tl;dr and scrolled down).

If you are tired of me always dumping walls of horribly written and purely fictional text of story that isn't interesting already, or my stories have gone worse - just tell me, I won't mind and I'll cease to write. Ajay's actual adventures have now a nice conditions to have a happy ending - i.e. good and warm place aboard CNS K-719, old teammates, command's approval of his old actions, membership of elite squadron and nice career that has a chances to rise by itself.

Footnotes:
    [1] Why that nickname: Arclite -> arc of light -> Volt arc. Also Starcraft reference: SC1 siege tanks are called "Arclite"
    [2] It isn't related to gameplay.
    [3] In singleplayer, after you visit Inner Core and return to Altair, Dom'Kavash don't fight with Coalition anymore. That was impossible to reenhact in MP.
    [4] Berijev originally was a commanding ship in Starlancer, equipped with precious communications equipped. In my headcanon Berijev also mounts a finest sensor array, acting like AWACS ship.
    (Footnotes 5 and 6: wiped by 15 retcon)
    [7] Reference to Il-76 "Candid" cargo plane/AWACS reporting name.
    [8] Actually nickname "Ajay" came from Command & Conquer 3. It's my first "non-changing" nickname ever back to times when I've just got an internet connection, and I have never bothered with a new one.
    [9] Blue beret is a headwear of Russian Airborne Drop Troops (VDV).

Edited 4 times, last by Ajay ().