Docking In Innercore? If not...suggestion for 2.0

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• Hi All,
    Just wondering if all those capital ships that venture into inner core actually dock anywhere? IS it even possible? Any help would be appreciated.

If it isn't possible...shall i suggest there be atleast 1 dockable station in 2.0 inner core???

Cheers for your time

Bucket

Bucket - Works for whoever hires him so he can afford to go exploring and collect things to put in the bucket
    Bucketrain - Its raining goodies from the Bucket (especially if you ask nicely)... Or just moving a bucketload of goodies...
    BucketHunter - Bucket doesn't like aliens. Hunter hunts them.
    CharlieBucket - Owns a chocolate factory!! But went evil with power...or sugar...we're not quite sure...

• its not very logical to dock in inner core or to assume that human ships are compatible with dk docking bays

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Fair Call... See where your coming from... What about there cruisers and Motherships though, surely they dock, guess the compatibility extended to fighters by DK would also be extended to capital ships?

My real point I guess; it is unfortunate that the capital ships can't stay in Innercore, the supplies e.t.c. that would be onboard from a consistency point would sustain the ship in deep space for a period of time, so being able to park a capital ship there would make sense.

Heading into inner core is a big real world time commitment, hence my suggestion. But again, no argument, if they be the rules then they be the rules. Keeps Alien weapons in the hands of community based players I guess :)

Bucket - Works for whoever hires him so he can afford to go exploring and collect things to put in the bucket
    Bucketrain - Its raining goodies from the Bucket (especially if you ask nicely)... Or just moving a bucketload of goodies...
    CharlieBucket - Owns a chocolate factory!! But went evil with power...or sugar...we're not quite sure...

• cooperation is a key ... fleet using repair ship allow almost unlimited BS operations in IC.

• But even with such a fleet ... as Andy said: a BIG real time/real life commitment necessary.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• its not very logical to dock in inner core or to assume that human ships are compatible with dk docking bays

Actually, after such a long cooperation between the races, they could allow teh entrance of some bigger class of ship that stations in a DK system for the maintenance of the human battleships in the alien home. May the visitors feel comfortable in "our" home.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• what do you mean with "long cooperation"?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• if at any case a BS to dock would probably fit better...?

Exactly.

what do you mean with "long cooperation"?

New Chapter in the story, wasn't the next 2.0 version about that ? :P An evolution from the DK needing help from humans against the invasors, to actually humans going and helping them... so ya, how are humans gonna help if "we" can't even reload, take fuel, etc in any system near the black hole gate. We know humans are not kamikaze... doing 1 way trips and fight to the death till we're out of ammo/fuel and waste the ships/lives. At least not when there's something we can do about that :D Instead of the Omega gate, then the 2nd human gate in Coalition that's already planned, knowing how the Coalition are with the "big stuff" same as their huge terraformed Planet Murmansk (where in the infocard says how it was made habitable), their Coalition gate can't be smaller than their big capital ships. Something else doesn't seem logic, like the Coalition doing a small gate only for fighters when their fleet is made out of huge ships, and famous for their big efforts/builds :P So once they have the gate, they'll surely have their ships over to Inner Core, that's inevitable.

And once they get their capital ships over there, they will also make a place where to land them... no matter if the DK like it or not.

I have slaughtered enough IC hostiles to have earned at least a planet to dock a train :p and many others have been fighting this war as well, how about on planet Tarr? (gotta love Tarr!)

:rolleyes:

@R@F1_5Y5T3M Nope that won't happen, we are talking about the "Inner Core" as sector, not the system with the black hole in it.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by /V\ichael: . ().

• if at any case a BS to dock would probably fit better...?

I've had a good think about this and I think i'm changing my tune here...I now agree that Battleships should NOT be allowed docking in Innercore sector... Why you ask?

1) The story... Its just trent...tiny little trent in his tiny little space ship, do the SP without god mode on... getting a battleship is basically out of the question without going AWOL through the middle of the vanilla campaign and pod hunting till your trigger finger hurts... not what the story intended really.

2) Well it would make the "hard" aspect of innercore dissapear. It would be too easy to get a battleship or two (or seven) involved in an en masse alien weapon hunt...making them far too accessible and change the whole dynamic of the MP universe as it now stands. Think about it...getting warsys and the like is hard work...it encourages planning, team play and extreme co operation. Thanks to everyone who agreed with me initially...but think about it... it would reduce the Multiplayer goodness that crossfire provides.

I Still agree its a pain that it is such a BIG REAL WORLD COMMITMENT...its huge! No argument there...doubt i'll ever send a battleship all the way through because of this, BUT I think it would ruin so many other aspects of the game...it has to be a balance...without a lot more thought on how to keep the balance I agree OP should keep it as is.

My two cents anyway,
    Bucket

1) The story... Its just trent...

Trent is just the first one, and he is alone until now, Version 1.9, but counting DK's message of HUMANKIND helping them, not a single loner guy (useless counting weaponry, technology and such, compared with a migthy ancient race and their army), the proper measures should be taken so the humankind can actually help them defend from the aliens :D