Consequence

There are 116 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Rex Nebular.

• i cant understand why or how so many ppl can stick with discovery. from my experience i could say that i got bored within the 4weeks i have played it. cf is so much better imo, though discovery has some interesting and good features, especially for bs.

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• Interesting read - seem to have more time on my hands recently and was looking for a space type game - got tired of EVE after a good number of successful years there.

Don't know what happened with my clan PX = and really don't want to know

Might just log in as myself and try pirate roleplay for a bit - that was a lot of fun in the old days

Hello again to all te guys that know me - best wishes to you all

• wb azadur

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• 1. Would you work 8 months or more on a project while the only feedback you get is "ignorance"?
    No. That's the reason of starting "GCCE" within my clan where now too quietly and what actually means reset.

2. What do you think was the reason why I let the bot post news instead of asking the community for that once more?
    If there are no objections, then it means that all agree.

3. When was the last time you that you did some constructive discussion on the forum?
    Actually not so long ago

4. When was the last time you actually used the features we offer to you here at the portal?
    Almost every day. But unfortunately the picture is not same on the game server.

5. Do you actually care about whats going on here or the people which belong to this community?
    Like all the others, where I am present - yes.

6. When was the last time you actively started a normal "social" action here? -> e.g. opening a birthday thread for another member?
    I must confess that not even once.

7. When was the last time you tried to introduce a new idea to the community or a game that you play that might be interesting for others?
    Long ago. May be not.
    I can generate the Ideas. But I have big problems with their implementation. And with translating them... (Especially some content related to Chronicles of Guardian and CF current story (workname: "In the Crossing Fire: Millennia before"))

8. When was the last time that you did say something good about another player?
    Em-m... Rarely, as usual. More rarely something bad.

9. When was the last time that you did active RP and use the Forum as medium to inspire other players to join such RP?
    SA events in Inner Core. After that, i've returned to work with my book.

10. When was the last time that you offered help to others (on the server or on the forum.... maybe even helping other clans)?
    In my previous activity period this summer.

---

Well. I'm not actual organisator, so I can only see the solution as server advertising and active working with external communities by the players and not only by the administration.
    My personal activity is periodic, so my current absense is normal and I know what I will return some day. But for some reason, with my disappearing, any clan activity is also disappearing. And there is nothing I can do...

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• <= off topic, sorry

WB AZ

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Some words about the newbies...

Well, i'm kinda noob too (started one month ago) and the only thing that kept me ingame at the start is vanilla FL knowledge. I knew who is who, that trading is only a start and when the real action takes place. Most newbies don't.
    They just takeoff from pl. Manhattan, start exploring and get exploded several times at Texas or Magellan - at this point they start trading. Trading in one system is reeally boring so they just Alt+F4.

The forum is mostly about RP, events and clan talks, Lexicon is not very user-friendly...well it is for some purposes... but i think there must be some pages for newbs guiding 'em at the start and containing all the "important links" and a BIG RED BUTTON from Download page leading to the guide. Pardon for so many words :)

wb Az!

~

The jumpdrive is a lie!

• there were plans to build a new wiki that gets linked with the lexicon
    however... that were just plans

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• maybe this will help for new player, if trading is what you fancy at this time 2 clan are active in trading IOC which is a snuggler clan and they are awesome in trading and SA mercenary clan also awesome in trading, both clan have great player who are will to help a new player. from what I see in the game the best way is earn enough cash, I say about 3 mil buy a eagle, and try to dock to as many dockable station and planet for this will surely help you in trading. hope this help.

(\__/)
    (='.'=# This is Bunny# Copy and paste bunny into your
    #" #_#" # signature to help him gain world domination#
    [AS]Demonic Pay or Die

attachment.php?aid=709

• Here on this portal is all what everyone "newbie" need .. is enough check this portal little. But maybe is my pov affected with fact that I see things here many times/day --> I will try prepare short page with links to all important stuff. Maybe this can help. Thinking about this, FAQ can be good place if I add few things ... hmm, dunno atm (and I'm sure there is still alot interesting things)

About Lexicon: it contain already big amount of spoilers which can take away alot fun for players. Exploration was one from main things which started my own interest when I found CF mod. Maybe it is not too much user-friendly, but still can be huge help in case you search something ... simple to say you need invest some of your time but result is worth it.

• I always pray for CF sucsess
    Yeahh i my mind now is ..............
    CF is the BEST ^^
    And can you realize what will happen if CF2.0 release ??
    Offcourse you all know ....
    All ppl will come to CF

GO GO GO CROSSFIRE!!!! :D

I want to know how it feels when becoming SOLO player

He inspired me :ninja:

• @ MartindForlon
    "Here on this portal is all what everyone "newbie" need .. is enough check this portal little."
    Well, it takes some time to find what you're looking for, but essentiallly you're right. Everything is here, ....., sometimes after a longer search.

I've read a lot in the forums , also in older threads as part of my "preparation" to start with CF and FL again after a LOONG Frelancer-freetime.
    What was the reason for waiting so long ?
    Part of it was the sometimes quite strong sounding insisting on beeing a "online"-mod, on "role-play". Sopmething I am not interested in due to real life.
    I wouldn't be able to live up to a "role" to speak of, with only a random appearance for max up to an hour once or twice a week.
    More wold not be compatible with my work- and even more important (for me) family life.
    To fill a "role" with life I would render it necessary to be online at least every second day to stay in touch with the characters already met and/or "involved"
    into my role. You make friends, you make deals, you have to stay to what you say/offer/arrange, you have to stay to your word. Something not achievable
    with the timeframe I mentioned. The role/person you play follows goals, will/has to plan a "life" on the server.
    Everything else I wouldn't call a role-play but a mere "cowboy and indians"-play (Hour, do you know a suiting englich sentence on that ?). But for that a mod with
    vanilla-systems and/or an arena system would do fine. No need for 30, 40 50 systems (or how many are there on CF ?). What I've seen so far (vanilla-systems reloaded)
    you have done an amazing, fantastic work of Improvement. And what could be seen on the thread for CF 2.0 you're still improving.

I started playing Freelancer in the Crossfire-version especially due to the offer of playing an extended, improved single-player-campaign, where I can do one or two
    npc-mission for half an hour, return to real life and take on again exactly at the point I left next or second or third day after (depending on real life) without loosing anything.

And according to the lot of single-player questions about the game, the missions, etc., I think I'm not the only one taking on Crossfire that way. The extended campaign is was
    Crossfire REALLY sets apart from all other Freelancer mods I've found and heared about.

It would be a shame to loose this.

But how should a single-player then be able to activate the mod properly without the CF- or SWAT-server, when everything will be closed down ?
    (This is a real question to SWAT_OP-R8R.)

But as part of the discussion of how to safe SWAT and Crossfire, .....
    Has anybody tried to find out WHY other servers, discovery, Hamburg (yeah I had already a quick look) etc. are much better populated ?
    Perhaps: smaller "universe" and so "easier" to meet other players of whatever role ?
    Perhaps: other "role-play-concepsts" ? I once tried to dive into the deephts of server-rules on the discovery-site,. THAT'S would be a bit too much even for my taste.
    But the server is quite full, DESPITE this almost alexandrinian bibliotheke on server-rules.

Just a few thoughs of somebody, who just start to get the hack on Crossfire.

• Discoverys number of systems is not much smaller... just saying.
    And its not that the players can not find each other since everything is very centralized in CF.

Your question is fairly fast answered.
    Standard CF SP works even without server and updates from the launcher.
    However... I need to explain my point regarding singleplayer.

-> I am actually not interested in it
    The players which play the mod in SP are not helping to build the mod... we barely get feedback from them since they dont see the need to be part of our community... and for sure they do not help to keep the server running.
    My main interest is to see this community running next year and in the years that will follow. The mod and its server are the tools that can assure this. The singleplayer has never played a real role and I dont see this change anytime soon.
    The entire FL modding community exists only because of the MP and the online servers.
    To see these servers vanishing does not mean anything good for the singleplayer either since the players there dont get anything new to play.
    Lack of support is always the reason why good projects and ideas break together.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thank you for the clarification one more time, sad as ever.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• ... but the truth
    mod development can only happen with the support of the MP community
    the "Singleplayers" simply do not give the necessary support as they either dont care enough or dont feel part of something that can cause improvements

lets face it
    such mods were created for a community
    people which want to do something together.... singleplayer is generally the exact opposite of that
    the only reason to create a SP campaign in my eyes is to get singleplayers interested in the game and probably curious about the mp features and also to satisfy the mp people which are interested in the reason why their game universe exists in exactly this way
    practically its like walking on the border of two worlds

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Will you let us know what the result will be nearer to the deadline(?), surprises esp bad ones are not great.

I hope you keep things going, in case no one else has said it enough THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPER MOD AND COMMUNITY WE APPREICATE YOU!!! :)

I have a few more ideas to get things going more.... for the portal maybe a shoutbox so people can say they are online and where they are flying to/are to meet up with. I don't know anyone here yet, really so i'm a lil timid to just pm a random person in the mp, i know you prolly don't bite, but i'm not sure even who speaks what langague, but if we had easy gathering spots , it might help.... like say people hang out in new york when they first get on, and then rp from there to whatever system. I for one am not very good at finding my way around the nav map, but i can always seem to find my way back to new york system.... just some ideas dunno if they've been done before... this is just from a new player perspective.

Another thing that would be fun would be to set up trade guilds, (maybe done already?), and maybe a few experienced pilots with the newbies, can start to fly around the systems... a training mode so to speak... might be ripe for the pirates but that could be fun tooo.

I think the problem a lot of the new people have is it takes a while to build up a good ship, so if

you don't have people to protect help you, you really can be blown to bits by even the AI...lol

My final thought maybe going back to that shoutbox roster thingy, is forum name to game name translation, so people know who is who. I know a lot of the old people here know each other, but if you want new players, people need to connect. Otherwise its just flying against the AI with nametags, you know what i mean?

• :edit to above post:

oh yeah you have the chatroom feature (shoutbox not necessary), but where is everyone on it? (maybe enable guest access to the chat?)

• im not sure if its necessary to give further announces
    the server situation speaks for itself

if it gets better... then good for the future of this project
    if not then... well...

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I had no idea when I posted "Rumors of Server Closing" that this was actually happening, I didn't get into CF until 1.9 and I love it which I see isn't enough, and with 2.0 in the works (or Not?) I was really looking forward to its release. To be honest I've seen more new players on recently, and I try to get on everyday even with my current schedule, this to me means we are still attracting players. True the numbers don't match Discovery, and although I have never played Dis. quit frankly my thoughts are who the hell cares, I love CF.

I think the end of this server would be a big mistake, and by the number of responses I'm not the only one..Even Newbees got on to stake their claim. I myself have never ran nor participated in the operations of a forum, or server, but if it's help you need and more participation I'm willing to learn...I can't say it will go smoothly, but I will give it my best. As far as contribution goes I looked on this forum for the "Donate" button, and I just couldn't seem to find it, if someone can tell me what I'm missing that would be great.

Now all though I said who cares about Dis. as a member of CF it would be prudent for me to explore all aspects of what could increase our server numbers to be stable. I hear on Dis. you can build your own bases, and although I'm not sure what the BS bonus is I read about, I'm sure things of that nature help them as well.

BUT! I like CF for what it is, and although some things have changed like the container values, I can sort of understand why this my have happened, and quit frankly...Just Trade Something Else...BMG' perhaps. ;)

I actually had a new player ask me "Now that I have all the "End Game" weapons (Coalition Gatt. & Nem. missles) what's next, like that's all the server side was about - buying guns. I explained the game never ends in MP, you create your own destiny, and there's more to the MP then just shooting people...Although it seemed this player was all about PvP, which was fine, I explained there's more to be had here on CF then just PvP. I also learned after seeing several players of this type that all they want to do is make money fast and buy the best of everything without exploring. I also must admit that at times when I was asked to PvP with new players, I was busy trading or building chars, and told them maybe later.

Perhaps things as innocent as I'm to busy right now could have been the problem, perhaps not being that you can't please everyone all the time.

I stated these things because although I have never played it, these may be the things keep Dis. numbers so big, not that we here at CF need to mimic Dis., we are CF and that is more then enough for me.

In closing I believe what was mentioned about the release of 2.0 is true, that it's arrival is much desired and will bring new members and hold them here. I remember around last December there where 50 players on, and even today I see the numbers flux from 5 to 12 or so, which isn't a lot, but I believe the demand is there, we just need to open the doors to those who truly want to assist. I must admit that even though I don't read every single post that get's posted every day of the week, I heard nothing of great assistance being needed, by all members of CF.

Well here's my hand, and I would be more then willing to assist in anything it would take to continue this great server and forum - Crossfire Forever! :D

God of Kings]Horus[Hotepsekhumui

9538-6938e351.png

:salutes Have Fun and Fly Safe 8).