CF RP Board (new ideas)

There are 60 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• I took a moment and think about possible suggestion for this PORTAL. I think that RP discussions need to be part of this portal, but not in a way how it was before. First, very first what IMHO is missing is Sticky description in RP menu about each CF RP. I not mean repeat what is on server rules, but articles from ppl who are veterans or very experienced in each license play. And there should be also advices how to interact with others and what effect it might have. Another thing what need to be there are RP stories/missions from clans/freelancers who like little writing and this also can help them presentate clan and attract ppl attention. Third part should be about clan, freelancers (old known :D) roleplay (things which are now in general discussion and not fit there to well. That is for now all. more will be added

• The RP discussions we had here Forlon. It worked, till the point where the posts and ideas got torpedoed by the ones, who did either feel treated unfair, did not like such ideas, or simply wanted to show that they can mess up things.

Advises are also given a lot to others, wether it has been asked for or given to prevent mess to happen. Still the advises got ignored by many, because they didn't fit in other peoples way of thinking or for what reason ever.
    Some people still give advises in all kind of ways. But the ones who are supposed to get the meaning of it, are either too ignorant to understand, or simply too dumb to get it.

Writing stories is not everyones passion. Im sure there are a bunch of people out there, playing the game, who have many good ideas and stories in their mind, to gain more attraction to either clans, the mod or both. But they simply dont bother with publishing such things.

In such case (according to "new boards") we would need a way to actually make sure it stays WITHIN the topic, does not get out of control and not getting personal (as it was getting many times before)
    People would need to UNDERSTAND the opponent first. And the understanding (or the own will to understand) is the hardest part to archieve, since it would also mean (for a lot of people) to overcome their own ego.

In such case (according to "new boards") we would need a way to actually make sure it stays WITHIN the topic, does not get out of control and not getting personal (as it was getting many times before)

Well, when there's no feel of Moderators not doing their work, even in other moderator's view, by then it'd be a good moment to bring "risky" boards as the public RP ones, as they can be controlled by Moderators for cleaning, and GRs for objectively(again when possible) solving out issues on the same forum(even by force telling the facts for both sides and closing the thread)

People would need to UNDERSTAND the opponent first. And the understanding (or the own will to understand) is the hardest part to archieve, since it would also mean (for a lot of people) to overcome their own ego.

:thumbup:

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• The last part in Abras post is worth a Trophy!

... so, how to achieve this (ideally before new player sit in cocpit)? I play MP about 11/2 year and come to understanding what is interaction between rp and how is need look at this take me long time. Do not understand me wrong, I knew what was in serv.rules, but imho it is not enough. For example info about nice/bad ways how can be rp played is imho key how to avoid complains at all (regarding rp :D).

2nd post: thats not true, you didnt give us the chance to reply!!! You attacked without warning.

... thats how RP threads started... I dont need to tell you how they usually end.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Eliminating the place on the forum where those situations are noticed will just "cover the shit" , doesn't eliminate that situation from in-game. So people may still rage arround, on all other boards/sections (by starting directly on a negative point while replying to somebody else on some other topic) and in-game about that.

But I don't really know a game or place where those situations never appear... while in all games there's a winner / looser side and not everyone tells the truth.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• 4 license , 4 different license to play with, lets see if i know how this work please let know if i missing or if i am wrong
    Pirate is KOS to police, Police is KOS to pirate
    Pirate ask tax according to level of the player if player dont pay pirate kill the player.
    Police may ask pirate a fine according to the level of the pirate if pirate dont pay fine police kill pirate.
    Smuggler buy and sell BMG, Police try to stop smuggler or ask for the fine.
    mercenary is open for hire and all license can hire a mercenary.

Now do I have this right? or I am missing more than this?

(\__/)
    (='.'=# This is Bunny# Copy and paste bunny into your
    #" #_#" # signature to help him gain world domination#
    [AS]Demonic Pay or Die

attachment.php?aid=709

mercenary is open for hire and all license can hire a mercenary.

Merc RP got a bit complicated due to "avoiding" the older rules. Mercs can't hire other mercs, only when a merc is hired by another license he can call for support from other mercs. The same for bounties, a merc can't place a bounty on a player so himself or his team/clan chases him.

In the rest yes, that's the basics....

• Merc RP got a bit complicated due to "avoiding" the older rules. Mercs can't hire other mercs, only when a merc is hired by another license he can call for support from other mercs. The same for bounties, a merc can't place a bounty on a player so himself or his team/clan chases him.

In the rest yes, that's the basics....

The way I understand it is, that a merc CAN hire other mercs.
    In example. one merc is too lazy to go to whatever place in order to get a certain piece of equipment. Surely he CAN hire another merc to do the job for him (purchasing the equipment) there is nothing wrong with it.
    If it would not be allowed in such a way. A merc would not be allowed to go for a bounty which is placed by another merc (from a different clan).
    Placing a bounty is nothing else, than hiring a merc to kill the opponent.
    which is btw. forcing RP as well (RP-related) since killing other people for money is illegal and can be punished by cops.

Acts of piracy include attacking ships (except known pirates) for profit (collecting bounties) or fun.

Don't get confused, but try to get the right meaning of how the RP-rules are meant. And please dont interpret them in the wrong way,

• Placing a bounty is nothing else, than hiring a merc to kill the opponent.
    which is btw. forcing RP as well (RP-related) since killing other people for money is illegal and can be punished by cops.

nice 1 :D

imO RP Boards can be handeled easy when consequently moderating them, like no cross threading, spamming, OORP comments in any kind, interpretations and whatelse can poison threads like this. RP Boards can be the boards where ppl play the Game while not being able to log into the server. Make the Boards a part of the Game which ppl like to read every day at work while fighting, smuggling hunting in the night. The purpose of these boards should be to make you interested in visiting the forum for the upcoming stories or even better to follow the written reports and stories in the next night. So you have a plus with the boards. I remember them being this way, it´s a decision of everyone to keep them this way, jumping into your Role to get more Gameplay when you are in the forums instead of cutting this part off for yourself as happened now.

Click the image above to visit us.

• 1 post, no replies

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• *dreams of good ol' times*
    where we could scream at each other, insult the opposite RP player and everyone was fine with just either killing, fighting or fleeing ;)

There were times as players jumped into a system and had immediately some others on their back, trying to force them to leave or just killed one without asking questions. That was the former ASF/CSF. Never has been this way again, unfortunate. I see we have less people who can write good stories to make the RP in the boards attractive. A well known lady once had this ability - so did a guy from DC (sorry cant remember the name well - maybe Drakon). CA was also good with such stuff. We will never get it that interesting, i fear. At least the writers here step forward and show some of their skills.

I am not interested if player A killed player B and whatnot. RP is the stuff around this. The way how it came to an event - the way how it did end. Here is an example of myself - i tried once and i really dont like such stuff - but i guess thats how RP boards should be (sorry in advance for the long story ;)):

If everyone of each faction would post kinda such stories then it would be a vital forum board - that keeps the interest of the players.
    But therefore we have the get the RP straigt and be played - and people dont get mad eitger they loose a fight or some millions of their credits in their trials to achieve something.

signature.png

• Huor and OP

i remember many of the Sovetskaya fights - and many of the stories, we was able to setup the clock for the next battle. And it was mostly fun reading them :D. I also remember the Sol runs from SMG or the H5N1 attacks deep in ASF Territory, the ASF/CSF mass combats and skirmishes, story related bounties starting with LP Kwisatz in the RP Boards becaming sportive for everyone, an unamed Clan paying Mercs for lowering just the shields of their targets. My best weeks ever as a PX Weapons Seller making a Billion in a week while just selling any kind of rare Weapons and equipment - btw. the Top Guns are still too easy to get OP - it is harming the prices :) . I nearly wasn´t able to bring all needed weapons to my stores to execute all contracts.

As said, everything is possible imO when ppl jump over their shadows and keep a frag a frag - learning to say and feel gf after it not taking it personal.

For the RP talking in the Boards

just bring the RP related boards back for example, anyone can read but ppl who wants to post have to join into the RP group while not being able to change the group easily - a sticky post in those boards can guide new players that they have to join the RP Groups before posting there. Should also count for any Mod. So Mods in Police RP cant post in the foreign RP boards for example. It also can be fixed to Clans so the Group changing would be even harder.

• can ppl read?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @OP: good question :) ;) ...

As you might read here (main reason why is this thread only locked) is, that ppl simply not know what it is proper interaction with others RP. Result is, that when they do it with veterans, they get into deep troubles. This is reason why I wrote about sticky article (-s) where need to be explained such things. When such situation occurred again (and this is happening every day) and some start "hot" thread in RP section here on PORTAL then will be enough reply ... check "this" and "Thread Done".

This is for example basic idea how it can be for Smuggler RP (sorry if is something not correct, but this is exactly what need to be discussed to have proper informations:

• dunno, i am not playing american football or poker.

@Forlon

nice, could be a beginning.

• Forlon m8, ur idea is good but i said why i am out of discussion!
    Btw this site need "solved thread section" or archives which every member can clearly see before start to post in specific section! This is the 1st thing IMO to clear the mess and to stop some percent of ppl to ask (and spamm the forum with new threads that way) the same questions, again and again!

Here is what i mean : http://help.forumotion.com/f44…dits-domain-name-problems

FORLON: We really need stay on topics. I really want resolve situation so I will not hesitate and clean this topic

• Yes we can read, but i remember that every attempt to run discussion about RP relative things failed, because you OP bump in the middle of discussion and say: "No"...So, tell me, what would be a reason to once again participate in a similar discussion?

because:
    you have used exactly the correct words
    "discussion about RP"
    your job is to DO RP... not to discuss about it
    EVERY RP discussion did lead to flames, claims and broken rules... EVERY
    and no matter how much you discuss about it you will not change it... the RP is written in the rules... and those are only getting changed if i see a reason for it

as long ppl dont do RP 24/7 i am not convinced that they are RP experts and therefore their arguements have no weight over the existing RP rules
    Ive read enough RP discussions to see how certain RP factions use exactly those threads to get the upper hand over other factions. Those threads dont have much to do with RP on the server... they only have one purpose... to prove all others wrong. This thread is btw. no exception.
    The suggestions done are often, very often,... almost everytime totally out of order, contrary to reality and impossible to realize. These suggestions come from specific groups which dont waste a single moment to think about side effects and impact on other groups on the server.

At the day that you ppl stop discussing how RP should be and instead start doing it, 50% of the problems that this community has would be suddenly solved.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• You did it right before me, but thank you for cleaning it, Forlon.

I have a question, where did you got the Smuggler text you quoted ? As a link.

That's as well to see if there's that type of "tutorial" for the other RPs.