CF RP Board (new ideas)

There are 60 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• ... this is from my mind :P . Already working on Mercenary description (grrr... work is coming, will post it when I return) ... btw those both post will be send to archives as well.

• *moved my post back to this thread* (better read it and start to understand)

oh and one more thing...
    if i think somebody is misinterpreting my words then ill be pretty much able to make a correction
    there is no need for smart ass comments against others @ bond

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Just a thought, but could it be made that when a person goes to buy a licence, the RP for that licence is displayed ? Maybe even a box they have to tick to say that they have read it, before they can buy ?

OMG - a second thought^^ must be having a bad day, lol. - Ok, One of the complaints/moans I see quite often is that Police cannot make decent money - how about them having a commodity that only they can buy (like BMG's for smugglers) linked to their licence, maybe Prisoners would be in keeping with their RP.

FD

• Limiting prisoners to certain Licenses sounds an interesting idea, as it's unreal to think that Pirates kill pirates(or something else) and go to a police station to drop give the cargo pods, mercs police and maybe even smugglers are reasonable to make the pod hunting.

Though this doesn't help police more, but damages the other RP's ways of money, and it's pretty impossible to make NPCs drop only to a guy (as police) and to other guys (as pirates) not.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• is this thread now about changing a done mod?
    from the topic i thought its about RP board

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• muhahaha - before we dont get the RP to the server, we dont need any RP boards.
    Has the advantage that I dont need to read that much and can so spend the time doing more important stuff ;)

In my eyes RP boards are not really needed as long there is no - or nearly no RP on the server. Its like talking about buying houses without having the necessary money for it^^
    BTW restrictions of certain items to licenses (like BMG for smugglers only) is possible for all licenses we have - not only smugglers ;) No need to think any more about if its possible. Its just a matter if it will be used somewhen...

signature.png

• @ Michael - I was referring to buying Prisoners as commodity - not pod hunting.
    @Op - sorry but thinking of RP board and things said here made me think of RP on server. Also, if each description had a little "Post your RP story here (with link to RP Board) more players might be tempted to use this board as it is supposed to be used. Probably 60-70% of players don't even know it is here or ever visit the Forums and from the Forums - the Portal itself .

FD

• @ Firedragon

That's exactly the kind of questions and "suggestions" with its following "discussions" OP is fed up with.
    ...and it is off topic.

@ Huor

If nobody (espesially newbies) don't know what a certain license/role is all about at the Crossfire universe/server,
    there cannot be any roleplay,
    especially not, if there are many players around, who don't do their roleply "properly", who might also have no idea what
    their role means, or who might be just badassa not caring about, or who .......(many more reasons).

In that respect I would render Forlons suggestions really worthy.
    I, as a new player would starve for such a starting help. Well, I actually still DO starve for something like that.

@ Forlon

Really good idea !
    For these "sticky" clarifications/explanations of the different Licenses/roles.....
    Before "stickiing" them, get them approved or checked by the "rule-maker" himself and/or by the GRs,
    who should have to enforce them,
    so that they really stay within the range of existing rules.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Here is article about mercenary ... I know that here are many more experienced. Help with making articles better is more than welcome.

@NucNuc: THX! :)

• @NucNuc - did you ever bother to read the server rules? And now please explain me where you dont find any info about what license is what for and how you can act inbetween those outlined rules?
    I didnt said Forlons idea is bad - no its good! But he is not writing what cannot be found on the rules page. Sometimes it could help if people would use what is already in place. So Forlon wouldnt need to spend his time with stuff that already exists.

Thats lowering the effort to step forward. Meanwhile we just mark time and have no progress.
    @Forlon: Sorry not want to made bad what you are doing, just thought there is more important stuff to do?!

signature.png

• @NucNuc - did you ever bother to read the server rules? And now please explain me where you dont find any info about what license is what for and how you can act inbetween those outlined rules?

I read them a hundred times or more (just did it again), there isn't ANYTHING in the rules about the roles/licenses,
    only ingame, when on a main planet, contemplating to buy one, there are these 4 four, five lines to read.
    As there was the role play board I spent hours lookong for hints, what the role meant, what they could do or not, how they shoul act, etc........
    I only found the above mentioned futile discussions or flame wars.
    To be honest, only the stories on fan fiction, stories written by clan members and so on gave me some small ideas, what the roleplay here should be.

And how actual such information would be needed !

just look here
    Questions from a new guy

edit: sorry about the last, never came along michaels link before, just studying.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• patience Huor, patience - slowly slowly catch the monkey...

Click the image above to visit us.

• ;) Ok would just interest me where you have read before you found the proper page. Maybe its just too irritating and it would be better to have the proper linked placed on the proper pages. So no one reads outdated or incomplete rules pages...
    I would be very grateful to receive this information - otherwise it cannot be improved. Thanks in advance for your cooperation :)

signature.png

• Huor:

PM sent

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• @Forlon: imo the Mercenary RP "Welcome" is simply perfect as the ideas used there are all correct and nicely told, maybe there could be something added but I have no idea on what and I also prefer it shorter and clearer as it is now !, so... cool ! :D gratz for being objective as well, or nearly :P

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• At the day that you ppl stop discussing how RP should be and instead start doing it, 50% of the problems that this community has would be suddenly solved.

So true.

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• And if the smugglers stop switching as soon as the police arrive , 20-30% of the RP issues would be solved as well.

• Lots of activity on this thread for a couple of days, then... silence. OP is correct that historically people have failed to restrain themselves when discussing RP, so in this respect the community has failed to make meaningful progress on role-playing. I also agree that what we need most is for people to stick to the stated rules for the different licenses, and just play them straight & strict.

For example, when I am flying a ship with a smuggler license on it, I have NEVER switched characters just because a police ship was closing on my position. On the contrary, it is more fun to evade detection, or dock in time to sell cargo before being scanned, and innocently fly off with legal cargo! If a cop or pirate is lucky or tenacious enouogh to catch me en flagrante delicto, good for them! They may choose to accept a payment, or shoot me down at will; it's all part of the game.

I have been told that OP has banned monopoly market operations in my absence; if so, this is a disappointment, since I'm not aware of any problems or disputes that ever arose because of it. On the contrary, monopolies provide some logical basis for trading in BMG's by any RP faction, and additional opportunities for team play and interaction. IOC has only sporadically enforced our monopoly on Bio-Hazard cargo, and we are always willing to either "license" other players for this trade, or pay license fees to others for trade in their monopoly market.

In any case, OP's main point forever has been that discussion is always inferior to ACTION; good luck out there!

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)