current server crashes

There are 160 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by LoneAngel.

• OP told that people wouldn't read (much) neither... and would just make spamm.

But yes, it is an idea :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• the idea with the update changes is not going to work... way too complicated

the idea with the console announcement is actually done everytime i update something

the idea with locking the download is... ... ... counter productive

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• the idea with the update changes is not going to work... way too complicated

the idea with the console announcement is actually done everytime i update something

the idea with locking the download is... ... ... counter productive

Very true that would be counter productive. And yeah i could swear i've seen the message on the server already.Hmmm can i make a clan and call it SRP >>>>server restart police? I am just kidding:D

• ok i have a suggestion
    where ever you have the mod download posted, have a warning in big fat bold red letters saying

"BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD THIS MOD, PLEASE REMEMBER TO ALWAYS EXIT THE GAME AFTER A CRASH AND RUN THE UPDATE BEFORE COMING BACK INTO THE SERVER, IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, IT COULD CAUSE SERIOUS PROBLEMS".
    is just a thought, you might already have this posted with the mod download but it doesn't hurt to suggest it....
    and galactus.. LOL that would be hilarious!!!

May the shwartz be with you!
    :D

• I hardly believe the main problem is about people not restarting FL.

Since I have started playing MP I have often seen people not restarting FL after a crash.
    Yes, sometimes it made server crash again, but this is nothing new.
    Those days it seems to be something else by seeing the frequency of the crashes.

Just adding I have been experiencing higher ping lately, even when no server crash.

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• LATELY seems to be other problems...
    but until now, the one that was making the server keep crashing the next 20 minutes 5 times... was that somebody didn't restart...

but now it's not sure, OP found no errors for a while

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• i agree because my ping has been really high lately too i usualy sit around 170 -180 highest because lone and i live in canada and share our network.but lately my ping has been like 220 or so highest and thats very unusual ?(

• Well,
    some days ago when I was online while the crashes...
    it was high for some router issue, then it was back nearly ok, to 68 0 0 even it's normally 65 or so with wifi (on my laptop)

but dunno lately...

• just like i said... it requires tests to find out whats wrong
    for now the server is back on almost the initial conditions from one week ago (where it was running stable)

ive analyzed a few thousand settings the past days on the updates that ive previously made to recreate those files
    some changes were removed others are waiting to get reactivated later
    will that work? ... well we will see that within the next few days

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Only question/suggestion: Is possible that on server is set randomly chosen number and this number is send to players via launcher when they start FL. When they log to server, is there check. When server reboot, this number is changed. Result is that ppl with wrong (old) number cannot log. And system will need check only this one number.

• the current server environment does not allow such a feature and i havent seen any server that has such a feature.
    Its normal to guess on whats possible - but extension like this would need to be implemented. Technical its possible. Practically not - unless someone invents another server environment management tool :D

signature.png

• Dunno, i was online for about 1 1/2 hours no crash so far and in the beginning 25 Players online - ping was ok, not the best but not even bad too.

Click the image above to visit us.

• ping is nothing i would care about
    for me the pure serverload is important and that is currently ok

the ping can fluctuate much without that it has something to do with the server

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i 2nd that - and still no one is after that bounty on me
    must be bad money from a bad bank or so :D

No such thing as bad money! :bohsw:
    Hang on, someone will come around! :bveryevilplan:

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Warnings were given in RED big letters before, but like OP says, ppl not able to read...

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• cant check the server atm... so hows it running?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ok i have a suggestion
    where ever you have the mod download posted, have a warning in big fat bold red letters saying

"BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD THIS MOD, PLEASE REMEMBER TO ALWAYS EXIT THE GAME AFTER A CRASH AND RUN THE UPDATE BEFORE COMING BACK INTO THE SERVER, IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, IT COULD CAUSE SERIOUS PROBLEMS".
    is just a thought, you might already have this posted with the mod download but it doesn't hurt to suggest it....
    and galactus.. LOL that would be hilarious!!!

and preferably in GERMAN as well... not every player is in good relations with English :P

Maybe a solution to the player restarting problem would be either to:
    1. Write down the warning next to the server name when it lists down from Crossfire Multiplayer menu
    2. Code the server ( i dunno how im just a newb) so that it is only accessible directly from the launcher, not from the Multiplayer menu, so each time it crashes or restarts the only way to get back to playing it would require launcher restart... or something close to this solution (this would be ideal)

• We get more russians lately, or french :D
    Way less germans...

Maybe you have to put it in all major languages, english, french, german, spanish, russian, romanian no need cus every child makes english since 7 yrs old, and... well seems that's all for now. If we get italians ou can add that one :D