current server crashes

There are 160 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by LoneAngel.

• as the crashes have not stopped and i am not sure what is causing them ive completly deactivated all updates of the past week
    right now its impossible to detect the error when ppl are not restarting their FL (which is the case since ppl log on within seconds after i restart the server)

only solution i can see is to keep the server running without those updates for some time and try activating them bit by bit (or in other words day by day)
    this of course will slow down the development of Cf1.82 but i see no other choice as ive no clean testing conditions

I still would suggest NOT TO USE CAPITAL SHIPS, TRANSPORTS or TRAINS for the simple fact that THEY ARE NOT WORKING CORRECTLY WITHOUT THOSE PATCHES
    the best case that might happen (and yes im talking about the best case) is that you destroy your chars

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• do ppl have the ability to read?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ppl are to nervous in current stressed times, and add to this the bad behavior, lack of culture and education as well, and u will receive the same picture as at server these days, but would be very nice from you (and very useful ;)) if u wrote 1 sentence like u do yesterday in order to inform peeps what's going around.
    Maybe you lower the percent of ...(idk how to call them^^)...that way! :thumbup:

• do ppl have the ability to read?

when the server updates are downloaded this usuall takes a few seconds. in this time i look at what the launcher does. Guess most are doing the same. So at least we have warned them and so they cant say we didnt knew of it. Make it blinking - so the eyes can catch that there is something important ;)

signature.png

• fun house fonts

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It should flash, change color, preferably scream loudly and punch you in the face to be noticed by people sometimes.

(Sometimes, myself included. :D )

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• you sound like weather reporter's :D

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• More than likely when the new version comes out there will be a character wipe anyway i would assume,but i could be wrong:) So people should prepare themselves for that day,either way :)

• will be a character wipe anyway i would assume,but i could be wrong:)

You're right on the part where you tell you're WRONG !

here you have 2 Moderators telling it :P

This is 1.81, and when it was 1.8(0) was no wipe to make it 81, neither 82, 83, until 1.9 maybe which IF there will be one, it'd be in several years :P

so stop being worryed, and enjoy the fun at full scale ! :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• you guys are right it is simply my opinion i never said it would happen nor do i wish that at all.I am only talking out of experience with this sorta thing, i'm basically just trying to say that people should not worry either way because if such things ever happened it would be for the best of the mod i would imagine:D again i am in the dark as much as the next player.I just love this bloody mod and have seen what its like without any crashes and it is absolutely fantastic,So anyone who may be new i say this, these things happen all the time with mods and patience is a virtue we are lucky that this team is always on top of things to ensure the least amount of problems possible.And that is not something i would say about just any mod.

keep up the good work :D and see you all in the stars

• working on it

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well.. after today's crashes the people didn't restarted their game again.... and I think I have an idea about avoiding that issue( if it's possible of course ). The idea is that after a crash or a server restart, if the player wants to return to the server and if he doesn't restart the game from the launcher(and of course he will have the old updates).. the server should allow the players to join only with the newest updates. So if he wants to return back to the server, he needs to restart the game from the launcher to get the new updates in order to play in the server again. I don't know if this is gonna work... this is just only an idea though.

• this is just a thought, but what about a server wide message that pops up like the rest in yellow writing to warn people they need to restart the launcher when game crashes and such.. 8o

• another idea could be to make the download for crossfire harder to access, make it so they have to register first so at least maybe they will read the forums LOL i don't know ?(