current server crashes

There are 160 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by LoneAngel.

• I don´t know if it´s just a coincidence, but the last server crashes happend exactly that moment one of my chars ( Mr.Sphinx ) entered a Tradelane in Cambridge.

• would be fantastic if it would be the reason for the current crashes, but... i have not changes anything on the systems for 2 weeks

surprisingly the server worked fantastic today until 4pm where it started to crash every few mins (for no reason)
    i can not see an error nor have i done any changes which would explain that

all i can see is a crash offset known for clients running different files as the server

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• the server is not the problem
    its running fine

it was running stable today for 8 hours, and all of a sudden... without that i have done anything on the server it constantly starts to crash

to me it looks like somebody is crashing it on purpose or because he has a bugged CF version

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well, there could be a lot of reasons for these crashes. Bugged chars , Corrupted installations , Something recentely done(a new feature or some kind of an upgrade from a week or less than a week). The point is to think what is done recently(not only updates or features) .. also new players who might actually not even noticed the warnings before installing CF and after installing CF.

• still even if were talking about the noobies noob ever he/she would still notice that the server crashes EVERY TIME he/she tries to do the same action whether it's logging in, docking out or any other kind of action

• ive checked all updates done during the past 2 days several times already, ive even deactivated them bit by bit
    without result

and no ppl dont notice crashes as they often dont happen at the same point even if they have the same source

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I know I was staying docked all the time after the crashes, yesterday... with few players still online coming back it was still crashing, 4 freelancers,not newbs(each got warned and restarted the game after each crash) me, CFPD, staying docked and a PX, was arround a Fallen too, but I remmeber he din't came back each time/crash.

Crysis came when the server started to crash 10 mins later... but he didn't came after the 2nd crash and it kept crashing... maybe he left an EMP in the server xD

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• the 1.8 server actually is working better than 1.7
    less lag, less errors, less corrupted chars and until yesterday working stable

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• no distress plz...
    this is just something temporal, it was better 2 days ago and will be better within few days :P

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• ive also experienced the server crash every time i log in im playing for about 3 mins tops and it crashes....i dont know how to mod freelancer and this is just a suggestion ,but i think one of the problems could be with the removal of the gmg supergate faction from the faction list,at least i no longer see the faction in the list but aparrently the gate is still gmg supergate greenys and i am still tagged as one,could it be with this removal of that faction that maybe players that had the same problem as me and it crashes the server when they log in? ( refer to gmg supergate topic in general discussion)

remember just a thought:D

• strange... the web and your toolbar is showing 2 players online for an hour now... even when there are 0 or 10 players online ^^

the message in the upper part says "2 players" and the list shows 10+... is that normal?

• Crysis came when the server started to crash 10 mins later... but he didn't came after the 2nd crash and it kept crashing... maybe he left an EMP in the server xD

Yeah, I just wanted to piss you off with the crashes.. lols... anyway, this is serious.. something is causing these crashes and we need to find out what it is. And I didn't come after the 2nd crash because I had to sleep , I was very tired.

• ive just deactivated all additional features

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• hmm, unfortunately, it may be me...
    yesterday I got a "Multiplayer Not available: [e5]" error. not knowing what this meant, I restarted my computer and everything worked fine. for about 10 minutes, then it started to crash. Now, a day later, it crashes every few seconds it seems. right now I am in Sol and trying to dock with Earth to get a PPC or two, and the first couple times I did this i docked and was on Earth for about a minute before it crashed. the most recent crash happened right when I was docking. :(
    I followed all the installation instructions, and prior to installation removed everything using Revo uninstaller. if it's me im sorry and I wont come back until I have fixed the problem.