current server crashes

There are 160 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by LoneAngel.

• no
    the crash offset suggests that it is either a problem with npcs (which is impossible as since the sol update 4 weeks ago no changes have been done to them) or a difference between server and client.

as none of the changes that ive done during the past 2 days are active any longer on server and client it doesnt actually leave many possible options anymore

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• up to now the launcher never missed to update a file and i have checked my own CF installation
    everything is where it should belong to

however ... i had a similar thought 4 hours ago and have set the launcher to force the downloads of the past week everytime FL is started
    a possible error at this point is excluded this say

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ahhh. so THAT's why my launcher was seemingly downloading hundreds of files each time... no matter. anyway, is it still crashing, or did my departure from the server (or some other stuff) cause it to come back online? trying to get from Sol back to New York with the server crashing every 10 seconds is not easy, let me tell you... ;)

• Aceguard... i doubt its your fault the server keeps crashing for seemingly unknown reasons
    maybe, possibly someone is hiding in the background (so to speak) playing with something?
    i very much so doubt it, but very possible

May the shwartz be with you!
    :D

• hey aceguard i know its not you crashing the server cuz it crashes when your not on too for last 2 days it has been doing this constantly.everyone at some point has probably thought it was something with there character.....but now i can see it has been so many crashes it doesnt matter whos logged in or not,its just happening.I do want to say though dont let this discourage any new players into not playing this great mod .I myself was new maybe less than a month ago and i can say the server has ran so smooth until last couple days.So hang in there everyone.:D

• im with galactus on that... im sure the problem, whatever it may be, will be fixed soon enough. and we players can do is sit back and keep trying to play even if we do crash a billion times over...

May the shwartz be with you!
    :D

• yep... we'll do our best. Im just glad to hear its not me. I'd be mortified and delete myself if it was lol. WE might as well keep going, and dock often ;) though sometimes I respawn IN the docking port, a weird fix to get out of.

• I have an idea,

if it there's no many people on the server (~ 5 players) and the server crash ... someone should face a list of all the people with their positions (system name).

it's just an idea, if I noticed that when I hire a battle against the CSF out of crossfire planet ...
    there is a lot of people and a lot of lag because a lot of shooting and explosions, the server has already crashed at this point it seems to me a few times (that s why I avoid doing so)

• If there is high chance that problem is some corrupted installation, then as best looks to me release 1.82 as full download.

And who was on-line? ... pictures below (Name format is HH_MM_DD_MM_YYYY server time)

About X system: the same as reported Petite, it is only one system, where I had real PC performance/lag issues when there was more ppl on-line.

• The crashes may also be caused by a huge amount of ping. Don't forget that not all of the people in the server have a perfect ping. Or someone may doing this on purpose, using his torrent program(for example) and start seeding and perhaps downloading and causing the server to crash. Also a possibility.

• The crashes may also be caused by a huge amount of ping. Don't forget that not all of the people in the server have a perfect ping. Or someone may doing this on purpose, using his torrent program(for example) and start seeding and perhaps downloading and causing the server to crash. Also a possibility.

yes this can be one of many reasons...or maybe not on purpose, simply irresponsible and don't care at all, but if so then we have a new man in town or disguised one ;)

EDIT: Server crash and again and again, but this time i catch 2 newbies without proper launching...

• Bond ... if you wanna suspect somebody .. you need the check the people's pings. That's of course is possible only through Console Rights.

• Bond ... if you wanna suspect somebody .. you need the check the people's pings. That's of course is possible only through Console Rights.

Well thx but...i don't need "console rights" in order to see what is going on, and for this what i said i am sure 100%!

• server ran fine between 4am and 11am (i wonder why)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• that doesnt have to be the explanation...

server could've ran normally in that period because there was minimum players online and the server's perforamnce wasn't affected as much

• unlikely
    servers dont crash because of the number of players

however
    i just finished another check of the server and client files... they are 100% syncron

ive meanwhile started a scan of all 2648 chars on the server with an automatic fix option
    in best case it is cleaning the chars from possible errors and does damage only a few of them so that the server runs stable (IF that is the problem)
    in worst case most of the chars are getting damaged by that fix (i made bad experiences with such tools in the past) and the server remains crashing

before you start to get worried... i have backups of the chars

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ive removed the last updates last night

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,